Windows 10: Re-sizing photos

Discus and support Re-sizing photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On my old W7 pc I always found it quick and easy to reduce photos etc for emailing; all I had to do was right click on the photo or document, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by convul, Mar 17, 2017.

1. convul Win User

Re-sizing photos

On my old W7 pc I always found it quick and easy to reduce photos etc for emailing; all I had to do was right click on the photo or document, then click on Re-size. There was a choice of reductions. How can I do this in W10?
    Thanks in anticipation.

:)

convul, Mar 17, 2017
  2. zomgdude Win User

N86 or N96?

well, the panorama mode doesn't put together 8 megapixel photos, it actually combines extreeeemely low res photos, therefore the low size (however, i really can't say what size are those low res photos, or what size the panoramic pic has, since it varies
    from picture to picture..)

zomgdude, Mar 17, 2017
  3. Ratandeep Win User
    Re sizing in Windows 10 Photo app before printing

Hello Veronique,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue.

I would suggest you to refer the following articles and check if it helps.

Refer:

Print a picture

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/print-picture#1TC=windows-8

Share and print photos

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/sharing-printing-photos

(Both articles hold good for Windows 10)

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Mar 17, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Re-sizing photos

One way would be to right-click and 'Open with...' Paint. That can resize photos, then you can 'Save as..' under another name so as to leave the original unchanged.

5. I use the built in paint.
    Right click on a pic > open with > paint.
    Then choose "Resize" reduce to 50% then reduce to 40%.
    This is how I resize pic's to post here.

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 17, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    You reminded me that it was about time I put back my laptop's original Win7 HDD and let it check for updates.

Now running Windows 7 Home Premium for the first time in over a month, I had a look for your 'Re-size' option - I don't have one. It must have been something you installed, it's not a standard part of Win7.

7. tockx16jolt, Mar 17, 2017
  8. convul Win User

Re-sizing photos

Thanks to all, that little program works a treat!

convul, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Re-sizing photos

1. Re-sizing photos - Similar Threads - sizing photos

2. How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?: How do I get my OVERSIZE? photos on my desktop back to the "original" NORMAL size photos when viewing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-my-photos-down-to-original-normal/90c67322-968b-4b04-ab1b-eaf4b98d8a66
  3. How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?: How do I get my OVERSIZE? photos on my desktop back to the "original" NORMAL size photos when viewing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-resize-my-photos-down-to-original-normal/90c67322-968b-4b04-ab1b-eaf4b98d8a66
  4. How do I RESIZE my photos down to original NORMAL SIZE on my DESKTOP?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I display Paper size option in Windows Photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I display Paper size option in Windows Photo?: When open a JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to my printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and paper size option with a list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  6. How can I display Paper size option in Windows Photo?

How can I display Paper size option in Windows Photo?: When open a JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to my printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and paper size option with a list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  7. How can I display Paper size option from my driver in Windows Photo?

How can I display Paper size option from my driver in Windows Photo?: When open a JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to my customed printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and those paper size list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  8. How can I display Paper size option from my driver in Windows Photo?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I display Paper size option from my driver in Windows Photo?: When open a JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to my customed printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and those paper size list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  9. How can I display Paper size setting item from my driver in Windows Photo?

How can I display Paper size setting item from my driver in Windows Photo?: When open JPG file in Windows Photo, I found since I shift the printer to the my customed printer, the paper size option disappears. The driver is developed by my team, and those paper size list A4, A5, Letter... is no problem , correcly displayed on any other Apps like MS...
  10. W11 default photo app when trying to print cannot understand <photo size> as "full page"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W11 default photo app when trying to print cannot understand <photo size> as "full page"...: I think the question says it all. Thanks to any "community" people who care to respond. It figures that we have to depend on the kindness of strangers rather than Microsoft actual support there "products". I don't really expect an answer or care. My whole world of using...