Windows 10: Re : tablets that have no micro HDMI port

Discus and support Re : tablets that have no micro HDMI port in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have laptops with the "regular" HDMI port, and I have a tablet with micro HDMI port. I have cables connecting HDMI to TV for both devices. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by davidhk, Dec 7, 2017.

1. davidhk Win User

Re : tablets that have no micro HDMI port

I have laptops with the "regular" HDMI port, and I have a tablet with micro HDMI port.
    I have cables connecting HDMI to TV for both devices.
    I have TVs with HDMI ports.

But .......
    How do I connect my "vintage" Surface Pro1 to TV ? It does not have a HDMI port.
    Is there some kind of "adaptor" to do that ?
    If yes, what is it called ?

P.S. I know Chromecast is "supposed" to do that, but that is not my question.

Thank you.

:)

davidhk, Dec 7, 2017

2. Error: 'The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install windows click ok to restart the computer then restart the installation'

Hello. I am having this issue with a windows tablet. However I do not have a keyboard or mouse for this device and it only has micro usb/hdmi ports. It has been in an endless loop to restart with the same error message.

WickedRabies, Dec 7, 2017
  3. AlanAndre Win User
    Unable to display to a VGA projector in Windows 10

Hello,

I have an Acer One S1002 laptop/tablet. I use the Micro HDMI output with a Micro HDMI to VGA adapter. This worked properly when I originally purchased the laptop, but, after upgrade to Windows 10, I have not been able to project to a VGA projector. The
    laptop recognized that the second display is there, but it does not extend or duplicate the screen.

This works fairly well with my Micro HDMI to HDMI adapter (although, occasionally, the signal will disappear for about 2 seconds before returning.

I have also upgraded the Intel graphics drivers for the computer, but no change.

Can you help?

Thank you.

AlanAndre, Dec 7, 2017
  4. davidhk Win User

After googling , seems to me MHL (micro USB) to HDMI adaptor is the closest to an answer although my Surface Pro1 does not have a micro usb port, but my other tablets do.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2017
  5. NavyLCDR New Member
    I would look at maybe a stick computer that runs Windows 10. Then use the built-in wireless projection in Windows 10. I'm doing that right now - projecting my laptop computer to my desktop computer display and it's working pretty good. My desktop computer is connect via gigabit Ethernet (wired) and my laptop is wireless. Not sure how good it would be for 100% full motion video, but for internet and photos it's working just fine.

Just tested full motion video and it is a bit choppy, like I expected it would be. So it depends on what you want to project to the TV. Also, if the TV itself is a smart TV, it might show up as something like a Roku that you might be able to project to. On the Windows tablet, it's Windows key + P to open the projection settings. Then there is a link for "Connect to a wireless display".

NavyLCDR, Dec 7, 2017
  6. davidhk Win User
    Thank you for the input.

davidhk, Dec 7, 2017
  7. EdTittel Win User
    You can buy micro HDMI to conventional HDMI adapters for as little as $2.25, according to this Google Search. You may want to check out this kind of option before buying other, more expensive equipment.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: I remember getting one for free with a graphics card awhile back. If I can find it, and you'll pay shipping I'll send it to you gratis. PM me if you're interested.

EdTittel, Dec 8, 2017
  8. davidhk Win User

You goodwill is unsurpassed. You have no idea how much impressed I am.

However I have already bought one from eBay about an hour or two ago for under $10 Canadian.
    Hope its the right kind.

Re : tablets  that have no micro HDMI port [​IMG]

I thank you just the same.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2017
  9. PolarNettles, Dec 8, 2017
  10. davidhk Win User
    Yes. It does.
    I didn't know how to use it. Googled about it and decided I had no use for it.
    I am obviously dead wrong.

Thank you for the info and the link.

Adding : The link is for USA. When I checked out with the cart, it asked for my Zip Code.
    I'll look for one that will ship in or to Canada.

Thanks again.

davidhk, Dec 8, 2017
  11. EdTittel Win User
    Glad you found a simple and affordable solution. When it comes to "comesouta" and "gozinta" connections of most common kinds, you can nearly always find an adapter that will do the trick.
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Re : tablets that have no micro HDMI port - Similar Threads - tablets micro HDMI

2. tablet usb hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tablet usb hdmi: I use a drawing tablet that connects via hdmi and usb both. I want to extend the display so i can have something playin on the computer while i draw. I tried doing it in settings with both usb and hdmi plugged in on the left side and it didnt work, when i usedd my stylus it...
  3. tablet usb hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tablet usb hdmi: I use a drawing tablet that connects via hdmi and usb both. I want to extend the display so i can have something playin on the computer while i draw. I tried doing it in settings with both usb and hdmi plugged in on the left side and it didnt work, when i usedd my stylus it...
  4. HDMI port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port: when I connect the laptop to the tv through hdmi cable nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port/18ca5c4a-adb6-4c0d-9970-21b3132930bb
  5. HDMI ports

HDMI ports: i am having a issue with one of my HDMI ports. i have two, but only one is working. i cant connect anything via that port. i cant use my second monitor. it just doesnt want to connect to anything....
  6. Micro HDMI port NOT FOUND

Micro HDMI port NOT FOUND: Hey there, this is my first question so.. ill try to be explicit. I have a lenovo ideapad 710S and I'm trying to use a second monitor with my laptop, using a micro HDMI-DVI cable. When I first used the monitoran old, it worked just fine. After 2 weeks, it either gives me...
  7. hdmi ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    hdmi ports: Each start of Windows 10 sends my ACER HDMI monitor signal to the other hdmi socket. Switching the plug is a nuisance. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-ports/41449df5-318f-48d3-acbc-03773e97a2dc
  8. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: Is it possible to hook up a USB 3.0 adapter to a HDMI female port on my laptop by way of some device? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port/91340db1-1ef4-4b85-b00e-cf115a6aa5f7
  9. HDMI Port

HDMI Port: My HDMI port on my Dell laptop has stopped working after a Microsoft upgrade in April. It does not recognise it at all. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/hdmi-port/88ad78b8-7c10-4bb7-a3d8-267ea9e451b0
  10. RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    RE : Mini Display Port adaptor to HDMI TV: I bought and received a Mini Display Port to HDMI TV adaptor from Amazon.ca. I bought it because I need it to connect my Surface tablets to TV. Well I received it today and tried it. It works perfectly with my old Surface Pro1, but not on my Surface 3 ( it says No Signal...