Windows 10: Re unable to find Windows Live Photo Gallery

Discus and support Re unable to find Windows Live Photo Gallery in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have photo gallery installed with my windows 10, but according to my reserarch, there is also Windows Live Photo Gallery, which has more features.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by reddwarf4ever, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Re unable to find Windows Live Photo Gallery

I have photo gallery installed with my windows 10, but according to my reserarch, there is also Windows Live Photo Gallery, which has more features.

All I can find is windows live essentials, but when i look at the programs it will install this is not shown...

Has MS renamed Windows Live Photo Gallery and just called it Photo gallery ?
    Really confused

Have a zillion photos to tag and if I use an MS product it will be tagged within the photo unlike Picasa so will be better for my purposes, unless there is an alternative which adopts the MS tagging

Thanks*Sleepy

:)

reddwarf4ever, Oct 31, 2015

2. Windows Live on Windows 10

I use Windows Live Mail and Windows Photo and Windows Live Photo Gallery. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 I have not been able to use my mail account. I also have a have time finding the old Window Photo and Window Live Photo Gallery. Any suggestions?

JJGallagher, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Photos

Unable to post photos from Windows 10 Live Photo Gallery to Facebook or my Photobucket acct. Ideas??? or should I just get rid of 10 and go back to more user friendly 7 ??

SKiPPy2006, Oct 31, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Re unable to find Windows Live Photo Gallery

Photo Gallery is Windows Live Photo Gallery, I think MS is just trying to lose the 'Live' moniker.

Edwin, Oct 31, 2015
  5. had a feeling that was the case.....it's a pity that anything put out on the 'net' is there forever, particularly misleading and wrong information......even MS sites still refer to the live version, but the download doesn't.....thanks for clearing that up for me.

6. do you think this is my best option to tag all my zillions of photos and keeping the MS tag system in place for each picture ?

7. Dagwood Win User
    I am getting sooooo! frustrated at not being able to download WLPG having just bought a new PC with 10 installed. I have some 30,000 photos and all of them were tagged while I had my old PC using WLPG on Windows7. I should add that the old PC has packed up and I cannot get back into it.
    Not only do I find the Photos App in W10 pretty poor but I cannot use any of the tags.
    Simple question: Has anyone actually managed to download Windows Live Photo Gallery and use it with previous tags?
    I really am not into purchasing Lightroom, as suggested in some other threads, and although I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 I do not like the Organiser.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am rapidly taking to drink!.........Ok, so that's not a bad idea but it doesn't help me find my photos with tags.
    *Sad

Dagwood, Jun 11, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

This link not working for you?

Windows Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Edwin, Jun 11, 2016
  9. Dagwood Win User
    Thanks Edwin but I have tried that and although I got through the download it just would not install. I guess that might mean there is something wrong with my PC ?

Dagwood, Jun 11, 2016
  10. What happens - it just stops?

Try this link - the full offline installer
    How do I install Windows Essentials while offline? - Windows Help

Scroll down to the Legal Information and expand Essentials installer files for Windows 7, Windows 8.1, and Windows Server 2008
    Select your native language to download

You'll have to install .NET 3.5 as well, but it's part of the pkg or asks you to download it during the install.

If you have difficulties with that install pkg, please post screenshots of the problem encountered.

Thnaks

Slartybart, Jun 12, 2016
  11. Dagwood Win User
    Thanks for this. Will try in a short while and let you know how it goes.
    In answer to your question a small Windows Installer screen appears with green bar cycling across it..but never seems to get the installation complete. Then a message appeared saying installation could not be completed.
    I will repeat that process before I try your link and post images in case it helps.
    I just read another thread which showed how to use appwiz.cpl and I checked and appear to have .Net 3.5 already and switched on.
    Thanks

Dagwood, Jun 12, 2016
  12. Dagwood Win User
    Success!! Many thanks for your help. The only problem encountered was a warning that I had W10 and would need help but it seemed to proceed with the installation without any hitch.
    I found the tags column and all now looks fine with the exception of not seeing an Import prompt at the top LH corner. Perhaps that will appear when I connect an Sd card or USB stick?
    For now all looks ok and I'm back with my preferred photo library and viewer.
    Before I forget, if anyone follows the same procedure be aware that you can choose which features you wish to download/install and not to rush through that phase or you may get features you don't want.
    All best
    *Biggrin

Dagwood, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Re unable to find Windows Live Photo Gallery - Similar Threads - unable find Live

2. Windows Live Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Photo Gallery: How do I delete multiple pictures in one go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-photo-gallery/c42f91bf-f7c8-42d6-a97d-5c5f2dcf0a9d
  3. Windows Live Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Photo Gallery: How is WLXPhotoGallery related to WindowsLive PhotoGalery? How do I get a free download of WLXPhotoGallery Windows10 to replace my old WindowsLivePhotogallery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-photo-gallery/8b3513bc-1ee4-436b-b1fa-5484982be022
  4. Windows Live Photo Gallery

Windows Live Photo Gallery: Does anyone know if there is a SAFE way to delete photos from live photo gallery that are duplicates other than selecting them 1 at a time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-photo-gallery/cb3d64ff-698c-408c-8d43-40610e4c4b61
  5. Editing Photos in Windows Live Photo Gallery

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Editing Photos in Windows Live Photo Gallery: When editing photos in Windows Live Photo Gallery, how can you save an edit after zooming in on the subject. I ask this because I zoomed in on a photo subject but I could not figure out how to save the photo as zoomed. Am I missing something, or is this not possible to do?...
  6. Windows live photo gallery and photo viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows live photo gallery and photo viewer: My desktop crashed and performed a recovery. When I did I noticed that Windows live photo gallery and photo viewer are missing. At this point I don't know how to recover these default apps. Can a live agent assist me? I can be reached at 626-388-3903 or at *** Email...
  7. Windows Live Photo Gallery

Windows Live Photo Gallery: Help! I've just found that Windows Live Photo Gallery is no longer supported. I have thousands of photos residing there. Should I move them to a new location? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-photo-gallery/aba456d7-56bb-4f2c-a235-15b59698dbb1"
  8. Windows Live Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Photo Gallery: I cannot find Live Photo Gallery. I understand it is no longer available. Do I have other options for photo fuse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-photo-gallery/0aff1cc1-f85d-44ae-bd0d-8caa46b6d488
  9. Photos Live Gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos Live Gallery: I know Microsoft stopped supporting Windows Live Photo Gallery, but - like a lot of people - I really liked it and was using it until I did a Windows 10 Refresh (re-installed automatically). It then disappeared and I cannot find it anywhere to re-install. Can anyone help? I...
  10. Windows Live Photo Gallery

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Photo Gallery: I have just bought an ASus Vivobook and believed it to have Windows live hoto gallery on board Win 10 it is much better than other simple editors I cant find it 1 is there and how do I find it? 2 if not there how do I download it and from where? This is very...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to upload photos in windows live photo gallery in windows 7