Windows 10: re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade

Discus and support re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have some Win 7 upgrade dvds from Microsoft, previously used on pc's that have now been upgraded to Win 10. Q: Can I use a Win 7 upgrade on an old... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by me75006, Aug 19, 2015.

1. me75006 Win User

re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade

I have some Win 7 upgrade dvds from Microsoft, previously used on pc's that have now been upgraded to Win 10.

Q: Can I use a Win 7 upgrade on an old Win XP unit ? Will it be refused as an already used key ?

What I am aiming to accomplish is after getting the XP machine upgraded & updated on Win 7, then using my 32bit Win10 iso, and see where I can go in the upgrade path.

:)

me75006, Aug 19, 2015
  2. geotso Win User

Windows 10 clean istall with dual boot

well, here is a workaround I figured out:

1. On the first partition (Cre-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade :) there is the win7 ultimate O/S installed.

2. On the second partition (Dre-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade :) I install win7 ultimate again.

3. Use the DVD created from the win 10 download page to upgrade the win7 in D:.

4. Skip the product key during installation.

5. Activate win10 after installation.

6. Use the same DVD to re-install win10 in D:, formating the partition during installation (clean install).

How about that?

geotso, Aug 19, 2015
  3. DVD drive missing after upgrading to Windows 10

Since upgrading from Win7 to Win10 my DVD Drive is missing. It apparently didn't come with everything else when I upgraded. How do I find it now? Can I uninstall Win10, go back to Win7 get the DVD drive and reinstall Win10?

Original title: DVD Drive

RitaTessier, Aug 19, 2015
  4. bobkn Win User

It might work.

You'd be violating the one Windows license per PC, though. The Win 7 license is supposed to be consumed in qualifying the free 10 upgrade. (It's not dead, as you'd be allowed to revert to 7 and activate that.)

bobkn, Aug 19, 2015
  5. me75006 Win User
    did a forced W7 install, a few updates, ran the W10 iso install, where progress stopped , waiting for key entry for Win10.
    Researched economics of buying W7 Home & installing, then W10 upgrade or just buying a W10 & key to install.
    End results as to performance could not be ascertained.
    Put Ubuntu on it, its up running, no hoops to jump through, done.
    Pleasant ending in reviving an old Dell XPS M140.

me75006, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. re-use of Win7 upgrade dvds after Win10 upgrade - Similar Threads - Win7 upgrade dvds

2. upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license: Good morningI wanted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, but we can't find windows 10 licenses anymore from our resellersPC is not compatible with windows 11I wanted to ask if it was possible to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 using a windows 11 licenseI know that...
  3. upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    upgrade win7 to win10 using a win11 license: Good morningI wanted to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10, but we can't find windows 10 licenses anymore from our resellersPC is not compatible with windows 11I wanted to ask if it was possible to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10 using a windows 11 licenseI know that...
  4. win7 upgrade to win10 using USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    win7 upgrade to win10 using USB: my motherboard failed and I installed a new MB. My HD has win7 loaded and I am trying to upgrade using a USB drive. I get a message say I cant upgrade from USB I need to boot from HD. I can't because new MB is a Z390 and wont recognize the USB ports so I can log on to Win7...
  5. upgrading from win7 to win10

upgrading from win7 to win10: I can't find HP ProtectTools Device Access Manager to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrading-from-win7-to-win10/f289a046-d68b-471b-8f6f-de8ed5ccafa6
  6. Upgrade win7 to win10,

Upgrade win7 to win10,: when I try to upgrade my laptop from win7 to win10, I got this message "this PC can't be upgraded to windows 10 your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. no action is needed. windows update will offer this version of windows 10 automatically once the issue...
  7. Upgrade Win7 to Win10

Upgrade Win7 to Win10: Received the following error after trying to upgrade Windows from 7 to 10. "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10. Your PC isn't supported yet on this version of Windows 10. No action is needed. Windows Update will offer this version of Windows 10 automatically once...
  8. Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade

Dual Boot Win7 after the Win10 Upgrade: Just wondering if this can be done or would I be opening a can of worms. I recently did the Win7 to Win10 upgrade. All is fine. The Win7 was OEM and I have the 4 OEM disks that came with the PC. Is it possible now to reinstall Win7 on a new partition on my C drive, using...
  9. Upgrading from win7 to win10

Upgrading from win7 to win10: Hello, I have 4 PCs; I was able to upgrade 3, but the fourth one the desktop I couldn't upgrade it. I followed all the workarounds and solution were offered I downloaded the Windows Creation Tool and still cannot update. What should I do? 13716
  10. Using Win7 product key after upgrading to Win10?

Using Win7 product key after upgrading to Win10?: I'm wondering, if after upgrading a PC to windows 10, can I use the old Windows 7 product key to install windows 7 on another PC? 19592

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bought an old laptop with windows 7 upgraded apparently with unlicensed how do i get clean install of licensed intial