Windows 10: Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died.

Discus and support Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi My old laptop died and I want to use the licence I had on there on a new-build PC. The laptop is registered in my Microsoft account, but I don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SimonWard1, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died.

Hi

My old laptop died and I want to use the licence I had on there on a new-build PC. The laptop is registered in my Microsoft account, but I don't have the keys anymore - can I re-use the license?

:)

SimonWard1, Aug 13, 2018
  2. CK011885 Win User

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Aug 13, 2018
  3. r.h.p Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

What's your intended PC specs ??

r.h.p, Aug 13, 2018
  4. Laurie823 Win User

Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died.

can i install windows 10 on new desktop as old one died

my desktop just died seems it is motherboard I had 10 on it. I am building new pc with the original harddrive power supply video card and memory. I have windows 10 iso on flash drive. can I install on new pc? or will I need to purchase license?

the pc that died was only 3 years old and had windows 8 on it originally.

Thank you for help

Laurie823, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died.

1. Re-using my Windows 10 license on a new build PC after my old hardware died. - Similar Threads - using license build

2. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  3. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.: HiMy old computer suddenly died. I have a windows 10 license and would like to transfer my license to the new one I'm buying.All the manuals require me to operate my previous computer before transferring the license but that is not possible since the computer is not...
  4. My old computer died. I want to transfer my Windows 10 license to the new computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?: Can someone please help me. I recently built a new PC. I needed a bigger HHD so I took it from my old PC. A few months go by everything is fine.. then today I slide up to sign in on the lock screen for the pc, type in my 4 pin passcode.... first it said your profile is...
  6. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?: Can someone please help me. I recently built a new PC. I needed a bigger HHD so I took it from my old PC. A few months go by everything is fine.. then today I slide up to sign in on the lock screen for the pc, type in my 4 pin passcode.... first it said your profile is...
  7. OLD PC SIGN IN ON MY NEW PC BUILD?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using an old Windows 10 product key for a new PC build: I got a laptop 2 years ago that came with windows 10 on it. Juice spilled on it, and now it's broken. Won't turn on or light up even when plugged in. Is there an easy way I can recover my Windows 10 product key from it, or does Microsoft prevent you from doing this? I would...
  9. My License Won't Transfer? New Computer - Old One Died

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    My License Won't Transfer? New Computer - Old One Died: Hello, I just finished assembling my new computer since my old one bit the seriously big one, and when I tried to activate my license it said it could not do it. This is a new hard drive as well, and almost all of the parts are new as well. Why won't the license port over...
  10. Critical Process Died on my new build PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Process Died on my new build PC: Hi guys, last week I built my new pc, I installed Windows 10 on an Adata ssd and all worked for a few days (I updated OS and drivers, of course). Two days ago I mounted another hdd, I installed all softwares I need, I worked for hours, then my pc started crashing for a...