Windows 10: Re win 7 versions of media player and photo viewer

Discus and support Re win 7 versions of media player and photo viewer in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Mercifully I still have access to media player and photo viewer from win 7 , I really don't like the new win10 versions. Is this because I installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by treads, Aug 2, 2015.

1. treads Win User

Re win 7 versions of media player and photo viewer

Mercifully I still have access to media player and photo viewer from win 7 , I really don't like the new win10 versions.
    Is this because I installed over the top of win 7 or are they available if u do a clean install of win 10?
    Thanks

:)

treads, Aug 2, 2015
  2. EXAVOLT Win User

Windows Mediaplayer plays image as movie

I've made a clean installation with windows 10 iso.

When I did the basic setup with windows media player (I hate the new "photo" viewers, MP is simple and clean as it should be)

But the problem is, that I can set it as the default viewer for all medias, as in "Music Player" "Video Player"

But it's not there as an option for "Photo viewer".

(In "Settings", windows 10 version)

And when I right click on a photo, and open with... media player;

It will view an image as an short movie, like 4 seconds, then end.

Seriously what's the problem?

Really disturbing.

And I won't change to "photos" or the other new players...

EXAVOLT, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Photo Viewer slideshow

Thanks Greg,

Playing with Media Player does work of course.

However

- it is more cumbersome than clicking on the full screen or slide show button on the Photo Viewer

- that does not explain why Photo Viewer in Win 10 does not work as it used to in Win 8 and prior.

This is pure and classic Microsoft disregard of basic upward compatibity that customers expect , and this has been going on for decades. They are hopeless.

Thanks again, Greg

Yves

YvesLeroux, Aug 2, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

They should be available if you do an upgrade or clean install.

BunnyJ, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

1. Re win 7 versions of media player and photo viewer - Similar Threads - versions media player

2. Media Player: Is There a version for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Player: Is There a version for Windows 7?: I'm not talking about "Windows Media Player", but the one that's identified as "Microsoft.Zoon Music". Specifically I use that player to play .ogg files in Windows 10, but I wonder if there's a version for Windows 7 as well, since I have Windows 7 on a machine that I...
  3. Media Player: Is There a version for Windows 7?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Player: Is There a version for Windows 7?: I'm not talking about "Windows Media Player", but the one that's identified as "Microsoft.Zoon Music". Specifically I use that player to play .ogg files in Windows 10, but I wonder if there's a version for Windows 7 as well, since I have Windows 7 on a machine that I...
  4. Alternative to Media Player for photos?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alternative to Media Player for photos?: Hello!I'm trying to access and view photos from my other pc which is considered a 'Media device'. I can only open this with Media Player, but it's not very convenient. It hangs, it opens images as if they're videos, there's no preview pane and whenever I open an image, the...
  5. Alternative to Media Player for photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alternative to Media Player for photos?: Hello!I'm trying to access and view photos from my other pc which is considered a 'Media device'. I can only open this with Media Player, but it's not very convenient. It hangs, it opens images as if they're videos, there's no preview pane and whenever I open an image, the...
  6. Uninstall current version of Windows Media Player and install Win Media Player 12.0

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstall current version of Windows Media Player and install Win Media Player 12.0: I want to RIP CDs to my PC but the current version of Win Media Player does not have that capability. Is it possible to uninstall the current version and then in stall version 12.0. I have a IBuyPower 79C5FQ1, with 160 GB RAM and lots of storage space. Thanks...
  7. download media player for win 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    download media player for win 10 version 1909: I have just upgraded Win 10 pro X64 bit to version 1909 N. I was online using Jacqui Lawson Christmas Ecards and found they wouln't open the video. On checking I found that earlier versions played them fine but on later updates Microsoft dropped the "Media Feature Pack for...
  8. Media player vs. Photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Media player vs. Photos: In Windows Media Player I re-organized all my music. Big surprise: opening Windows Photos I found every music album and single song as a new folder under folders. Why that ? I absolutely don't want this. How can I delete these folders ? In settings they just don't appear. And...
  9. Correction re Media Player Question

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Correction re Media Player Question: Correction: I'm running 32-bit version of Media Player (Windows 10) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/correction-re-media-player-question/d0c36cd0-81b3-4cc2-9be2-d916af19e63f
  10. win media player

in Windows 10 Support
    win media player: Ripped a DVD in windows media player --put songs in burn list (right column) put a blank DVD in writer/player-- clicked burn-start burn --windows 10 ejects the disk then states to put in disk and windows will automatically start burning process BUT it ejects the disk...