Windows 10: Reactivating Windows 10 On My Desktop

Discus and support Reactivating Windows 10 On My Desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently changed hardware on my Lenovo desktop but for some reason, Windows 10 didn't carry over to it, and now when I try to troubleshoot it, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MaxJames2, Jul 12, 2018.

1. MaxJames2 Win User

Reactivating Windows 10 On My Desktop

I recently changed hardware on my Lenovo desktop but for some reason, Windows 10 didn't carry over to it, and now when I try to troubleshoot it, it says "We can't reactivate windows on this device. Try again later". I tried again after a few days but it still didn't work. Can you help me please?

:)

MaxJames2, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 12, 2018
  4. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

1. Reactivating Windows 10 On My Desktop - Similar Threads - Reactivating Desktop

2. Reactivating Windows after hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reactivating Windows after hardware change: Hello, Seeking advice from anyone, particularly Microsoft support. I've just completed a major hardware change. New motherboard, processor and ram. I've never done this before so wasn't sure what to expect. Everything has gone smoothly but I've noticed that I'm getting a pop...
  3. Windows 11 reactivation through Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reactivation through Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine: So I had a a copy of Windows 11 activated on my Macbook Pro, and I factory reset that Macbook Pro. That completely erased the virtual machine too, but it's still linked to my account. I reinstalled Parallels, and Windows 11 and went to activate it, but it's not allowing me to...
  4. Windows 11 reactivation through Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 reactivation through Parallels Desktop Virtual Machine: So I had a a copy of Windows 11 activated on my Macbook Pro, and I factory reset that Macbook Pro. That completely erased the virtual machine too, but it's still linked to my account. I reinstalled Parallels, and Windows 11 and went to activate it, but it's not allowing me to...
  5. Why does OneDrive keep reactivating Desktop sync?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does OneDrive keep reactivating Desktop sync?: On a regular basis I deactivate Desktop Sync on OneDrive but it keeps getting turned back on. How do I permanently stop this from happening? I have three machines all with different Desktop layouts linked to the same account so Desktop backup is not practical or useful for...
  6. Why does OneDrive keep reactivating Desktop sync?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does OneDrive keep reactivating Desktop sync?: On a regular basis I deactivate Desktop Sync on OneDrive but it keeps getting turned back on. How do I permanently stop this from happening? I have three machines all with different Desktop layouts linked to the same account so Desktop backup is not practical or useful for...
  7. How do I Reactivate Windows 10 After upgrading my Motherboard when the Desktop I purchased...

How do I Reactivate Windows 10 After upgrading my Motherboard when the Desktop I purchased...: I purchased a custom built Desktop from a reputable Ebay seller just over a year ago which had a legitimate copy of Windows 10 apparently attached to the motherboard, but without thinking about what it would mean to Windows, I recently upgraded to a motherboard to better suit...
  8. Desktop requires reactivation of Windows 10 repeatedly

Desktop requires reactivation of Windows 10 repeatedly: I upgraded my desk top from Windows XP to Windows 10 when w 10 first became available a few years ago. I understand that I have a digital license. Lately when I get on the computer I get the same message "Activate Windows by going to settings". I run the troubleshoot and...
  9. window 10 reactivation problem on parallel desktop

window 10 reactivation problem on parallel desktop: Hi I cant reactivate my window 10 in parallel desktop 14. My window 10 was activated well while using bootcamp partition on same mac. Can someone help me....
  10. Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key

Windows 10 Not Recognizing Desktop for Reactivation- No Product Key: Okay, so here's the issue. I built my pc years ago and had a physical copy of windows 10 that I installed on my computer. Just recently I decided to upgrade some parts on my pc and that included a new motherboard. I obviously lost my windows product key because it's been...