Windows 10: Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Discus and support Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 How to Read Aloud eBook, PDF, or Web page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to: Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

How to Read Aloud eBook, PDF, or Web page in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed for Windows 10 to be faster, safer, and compatible with the modern Web.

Read aloud is a feature in Microsoft Edge that reads PDF files, eBooks, and web page content out loud to you. You can change the speed and voice you want for read aloud.

This tutorial will show you how to use the read aloud feature in Microsoft Edge for your account in Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open the PDF file, eBook (epub file), or web page you want to read aloud in Microsoft Edge.

2. Perform one of the following actions below to start read aloud.
    A) Press the Ctrl + Shift + G keys.

OR
    B) Click/tap on an empty area on the PDF, eBook, or web page, and click/tap on the Read aloud button
    Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    . (see screenshot below)

*note This option is not available for a web page unless you turned on reading view for it.

OR

C) Right click or press and hold on an empty area on the PDF, eBook, or web page, and click/tap on Read aloud. (see screenshot below)

OR
    D) Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+X) button
    , and click/tap on Read aloud. (see screenshots below)

3. If you like, you can click/tap on the Voice settings button
    , change the voice used for reading aloud, and adjust the speed for how fast or slow you want it read aloud. (see screenshot below)

4. You can Pause and Play read aloud as needed. You can also click/tap on the Previous (line/paragraph) and Next (line/paragraph) buttons to jump ahead or back where you want read aloud. When finished, you can Close read aloud. (see screenshots below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, Sep 21, 2017
  2. KatieDash Win User

Read Aloud

When trying to use Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge on a web page with frames it tells me my browser does not support frames. To either change browsers, or the settings in the browser. Can I change the settings in Microsoft Edge to support frames?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

KatieDash, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Roohi_Taj Win User
    Read aloud not working

Hi JamieJaura,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you using the read aloud application from Microsoft store or is it the read aloud feature of the narrator in windows 10?

• Is the read aloud not working across all the applications in the system?

Please refer this article on ‘How
    to post a question on Microsoft Community
    ’ and kindly get back to us with more information so that we can help you fix the issue you are facing.

We await your response

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

READ ALOUD setting

Open Start > Settings > Ease of Access > Narrator

Toggle off Narrator and start Narrator automatically.

If you are in Microsoft Edge, right click an empty area in the web browser page

Click Read Aloud

Click the close button when the Read Aloud menu appears

Andre Da Costa, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Read aloud feature in Edge

I like and often use the feature Read aloud in Edge but since recently I haven’t heard any sound. My speakers are fine because they work in different apps without any issue. I’ve noticed the same problem with
    the audio word pronunciation within Microsoft Word Smart Look-up.

Tamika Carter1, Oct 27, 2019
  6. tbvnz Win User
    Text read aloud

My suggestion deals with having text read aloud. I love this feature but the way in which I'm asked if the text should be read aloud sometimes appears to be rude while in the presence of colleagues or relatives. I do not want them to think I'm rudely ignoring
    someone when actually I just want the text contents to be private and not read aloud. The phone should simply ask if I want the text to be read aloud and I respond with a simple yes or no. Not "ignore". This gives the impression that I deem the senders text
    "unimportant".

tbvnz, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10

1. Read Aloud in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Read Aloud Microsoft

2. microsoft edge ,read aloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge ,read aloud: hi I want to know is there a way to turn my microsoft edge read aloud voice TTS to windows narrator voice?the microsoft edge read aloud voices are very good I know some of them are online but maybe there is a way I Have Visually impaired this is very important for me thanks...
  3. microsoft edge ,read aloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge ,read aloud: hi I want to know is there a way to turn my microsoft edge read aloud voice TTS to windows narrator voice?the microsoft edge read aloud voices are very good I know some of them are online but maybe there is a way I Have Visually impaired this is very important for me thanks...
  4. read aloud

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    read aloud: why is read aloud not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-aloud/4a069d3c-7087-4476-8da0-94856c491046
  5. Read Aloud

Read Aloud: My read aloud option stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-aloud/22415996-f8de-48d3-9390-ff812ec15139
  6. Read aloud

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read aloud: Is there any way I can get the Read Aloud tool to replace the Speak tool I have? I have Windows 10 home and a yearly subscription to Microsoft 365. Many thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-aloud/b39cf27d-6094-4c11-8d4e-d04035043b97
  7. Read aloud feature in Edge

Read aloud feature in Edge: After the app update, the feature Read-Aloud for pdf files disappeared. I cannot roll back to the previous app version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-aloud-feature-in-edge/e64da3a9-7ff3-45c3-9365-daf76388ded3
  8. read aloud

read aloud: how do I change the voice on the read aloud option? its on English Australia now, and I cant understand her https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-aloud/117bbce1-0791-4bce-8bb2-a947ace4a72e
  9. read aloud

read aloud: Why did my read aloud simply quit working? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/read-aloud/d1b339d4-b024-42b8-bf3e-d7ceca6788d7
  10. Read aloud feature in Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Read aloud feature in Edge: I like and often use the feature Read aloud in Edge but since recently I haven’t heard any sound. My speakers are fine because they work in different apps without any issue. I’ve noticed the same problem with the audio word pronunciation within Microsoft Word Smart Look-up....