Windows 10: Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10

Discus and support Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10 How to Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by jomla, Oct 1, 2016.

1. jomla Win User

Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10

How to: Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10

How to Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10

Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10.

Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if youre blind or have low vision. It reads and interacts with things on the screen, like text and buttons. Use Narrator to read and write email, browse the internet, and work with documents.

Starting with Windows 10 build 18262, you can now read next, current and previous sentences in Narrator. Read by sentence is available with the keyboard and with touch. Sentence is also now a new Narrator view.

*note Move by sentence doesnt yet work for Braille.

This tutorial will show you how to read next, current and previous sentences in Narrator in Windows 10.

CONTENTS:

OPTION ONE [/i] Read by Sentence in Narrator
    1. Turn on Narrator.

2. While reading, you can use the keyboard shortcuts below for how you want to read by sentence:
    • Caps + Ctrl + Period (.) to Read next sentence
    • Caps + Ctrl + Comma (,) to Read current sentence
    • Caps + Ctrl + M to Read previous sentence

OPTION TWO [/i] Read by Sentence using Narrator View

*note The different views in Narrator include items, characters, words, lines, sentences, paragraphs, headings, links, form fields, tables, landmarks, and suggestions.
    1. Turn on Narrator.

2. Press the Caps + Page Up or Caps + Page Down keys until you hear sentences to change to that view.

3. You can now click/tap on a sentence to have it read by Narrator. You can also navigate with Caps + Left arrow for move by previous sentence and Caps + Right arrow for move by next sentence.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

jomla, Oct 1, 2016
  2. Arul_D Win User

Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hello Brenda,

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to turn off narrator.

• Type ease of access in the search bar and press enter

• Click on Narrator and turn off
    Reference:

Hear text read aloud with Narrator

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-hear-text-read-aloud

Hope this information is helpful. Please write back to us if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Are there any other voices for Narrator in the Ease of Access in Windows 10?

Hi Melody,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Type narrator in the search bar and press enter.

• Click on voices

• And select find other voices that work with Narrator.
    Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10

how to turn off magnifier and then have narrator read active tab

Hi Cynthia,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

To turn off the Magnifier, here is a tutorial:

Open and Close Magnifier in Windows 10 | Tutorials

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/84190-open-...

For Narrator,

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/120041-read...

Turn On or Off Narrator in Windows 10

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/88188-turn-...

Hope that helps.

Disclaimer:

This is a non-Microsoft website which would provide accurate and safe information. Watch out for ads on the site which are frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). There is no need to buy paid products to fix your computers as they do
    more harm than good sometimes.

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Oct 27, 2019
  5. shhhantel Win User
    Narrator stops reading 1/4 down the page

Thank you for your response.

I understand narrator has limited functionality. However, I regularly used narrator for the same purpose prior to upgrading to Windows 10.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing Adobe Digital Editions as suggested. Narrator still will not read the whole document.

Any other suggestions before I downgrade back to Windows 8?

Thank you

shhhantel, Oct 27, 2019
  6. How to make Narrator read ENTIRE Word Document (Windows 10)?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to fix it.

Narrator reads what is displayed on the screen, including the contents of the active window, menu options, or text that has been typed. Narrator is designed to work with Notepad, WordPad, Control Panel programs, Internet Explorer, the Windows desktop,
    and some parts of Windows Setup, and may not read words aloud correctly in other programs.

Please try to disable and enable narrator and check if it helps:

1. The quickest way of getting into the Settings in Windows 10 is from everyone’s favorite, Start Menu. When you make a click on Start Menu, you will notice Settings listed there. Click on it and your Settings window will be opened.
    2. As you have entered the Settings, you see many options listed. Find out Ease of Access and click on it.
    3. The Ease of Access will again list you many options under it. And by default Narrator is selected at the lists on the top.
    4. Select the option that allows you to use the slider and switch off the Narrator and again switch on.

Also, refer the below link for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows/hear-text-read-aloud-narrator#1TC=windows-8

Note: Applies to Windows 10 also.

Please let us know if the issue got resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Read by Sentence in Narrator in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Read Sentence Narrator

2. Crackle speaker on narrator reading text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crackle speaker on narrator reading text: The speaker on my new laptop makes a crackling sound when I use the narrator to read on-screen text. While playing games and listening to music, speakers function perfectly. Also, when I use the narrator with headphones, there is no crackling sound.Is there anything wrong...
  3. Crackle speaker on narrator reading text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackle speaker on narrator reading text: The speaker on my new laptop makes a crackling sound when I use the narrator to read on-screen text. While playing games and listening to music, speakers function perfectly. Also, when I use the narrator with headphones, there is no crackling sound.Is there anything wrong...
  4. Have the narrator read my selection?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Have the narrator read my selection?: I have a question about the narrator that goes beyond its core purpose (accessibility). Is there a way to use the narrator (or other Windows tool) to read aloud any of the following? A text file My clipboard contents A text selection (like something I highlight, formatted...
  5. Narrator problems reading Words document

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Narrator problems reading Words document: When reading a Word document in Narrator, every few minutes, the reading of a word is wrong. The reading is of the first few letters and then the rest of the word. If I just read the word by itself, the pronunciation is correct....
  6. recover sentences in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    recover sentences in windows 10: can I retrieve lost sentences in google windows 10 From another post: typed several lines and erased by mistake. need to retrieve * Moved from IE10/other...
  7. Turn On or Off Read Out Narrator Errors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Read Out Narrator Errors in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Read Out Narrator Errors in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Read Out Narrator Errors in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete common tasks if...
  8. Turn On or Off Narrator Character Phonetic Reading in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Character Phonetic Reading in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Character Phonetic Reading in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Narrator Character Phonetic Reading in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to...
  9. Change how Capitalized Text is Read by Narrator in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change how Capitalized Text is Read by Narrator in Windows 10: How to: Change how Capitalized Text is Read by Narrator in Windows 10 How to Change how Capitalized Text is Read by Narrator in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse to complete...
  10. Turn On or Off Narrator Auto Read Advanced Info in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Narrator Auto Read Advanced Info in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Narrator Auto Read Advanced Info in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Narrator Auto Read Advanced Info about Controls in Windows 10 Narrator is a screen-reading app built into Windows 10. Narrator lets you use your PC without a display or mouse...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Read by sentence