Windows 10: Read Only Error!

Discus and support Read Only Error! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, im a hardcore Wow player, recently i encountered a problem that wont let me play wow due to my folders not able to being write wow files on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Erratic123, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Read Only Error!

Hi,

im a hardcore Wow player, recently i encountered a problem that wont let me play wow due to my folders not able to being write wow files on my windows 7.

the was a message when ever i tried to run wow and that was "The CAS system was unable to initialize: Client Handler: initialization error: failed to create storage component"

At first i thought it was wow's problem and looked on battle.net forums but they all said that i must remove read only tag from properties of my wow folder.

i did everything i could on wow's side but nothing, then i tried looking on various windows's error forums and did the take ownership cerficate guide, the attrib -r [path] guide, changing security parameters from properties --> security ---> edit etc.

but nothing worked, as soon as i unchecked the solid square read only option and closed it , it came back like before.

so i thought maybe windows 7 wont let me play the game, i bought windows 10 and installed it clean and removed windows 7 completely. and with no surprise the same problem persists. cant remove read only.

then i read about NTFS being the problem, i have 2 sata harddisks and i formatted one and converted it to FAT system and copied wow folder to that drive. still it wont do anything same problem is there.

cant figure out what to do please help!!

:)

Erratic123, Feb 20, 2016

2. Read Only Error

A folder's read-only attribute has no effect on the files inside.

Frederik Long, Feb 20, 2016
  3. RokyAhmed Win User
    Read Only Error

The Read Only Option Always stays Ticked . Nothing fixes this bloody problem.
    Read Only Error! [​IMG]

RokyAhmed, Feb 20, 2016
  4. Archie123 Win User

Read Only Error!

found this although you may have already tried it

Delete WoW cache folder
    Set battle.net to run as admin
    Close Battle.net app
    Create a new folder in C:/ called Games
    Move existing Wow folder from Program files to the Games folder
    Start Battle.net and locate the game
    Once located run the game

Archie123, Feb 21, 2016
Thema:

Read Only Error!

1. Read Only Error! - Similar Threads - Read Error

2. Error: The system cannot read from the specified device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: The system cannot read from the specified device: I'm trying to import photos to my pc from my iphone. I'm able to import many of the photos without a problem. For others I'm getting the message "the system cannot read from the specified device". I've tried importing using Photos, Faststone Viewer and directly from my phone...
  3. Error: The system cannot read from the specified device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: The system cannot read from the specified device: I'm trying to import photos to my pc from my iphone. I'm able to import many of the photos without a problem. For others I'm getting the message "the system cannot read from the specified device". I've tried importing using Photos, Faststone Viewer and directly from my phone...
  4. failed to read description. error code 2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed to read description. error code 2: Yo, im trying to install a gstr offline utility in my laptop, the app is not operating in this system and it is showing failed to read description in the Services option in windows.i'm ready to share my screen and follow the instructions. kindly resolve my issue....
  5. failed to read description. error code 2

failed to read description. error code 2: Yo, im trying to install a gstr offline utility in my laptop, the app is not operating in this system and it is showing failed to read description in the Services option in windows.i'm ready to share my screen and follow the instructions. kindly resolve my issue....
  6. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  7. Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only

Failed to enumerate objects error when trying to change folder from read only: I have tried just about every suggestion on how to change a folder from read only, that keeps going back to read only.I tried the standard, uncheck "read only" then click Apply->Apply changes to this folder, subfolders and files->OK->"You will need to provide...
  8. I have read & tried ALL the ways given to correct error 2 for Waas Medic but none help. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have read & tried ALL the ways given to correct error 2 for Waas Medic but none help. How...: I do the research and I try what is offered. Here's what I have done:1. Command Prompt as administrator sfc/scannow and restart2. Change the Registry MUI and all those steps that did not help after the restart3. Do the string....cache suggestion. I modified the value to 38b...
  9. I have read & tried ALL the ways given to correct error 2 for Waas Medic but none help. How...

I have read & tried ALL the ways given to correct error 2 for Waas Medic but none help. How...: I do the research and I try what is offered. Here's what I have done:1. Command Prompt as administrator sfc/scannow and restart2. Change the Registry MUI and all those steps that did not help after the restart3. Do the string....cache suggestion. I modified the value to 38b...
  10. Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox accessories app not opening: error reads "Windows OS update required" but all windows...: I have downloaded the Xbox Accessories app to remap my Elite Series 2 controller but I cant even open the app due to an error upon opening saying "Windows OS Update Required." I have refreshed the windows update many times and everything is up to date....