Windows 10: Read Permissions

Discus and support Read Permissions in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I moved My Documents to my D: drive. I did this by going to My Documents Properties, then the Location tab, then entered the new location and clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kevinv319, Mar 14, 2018.

1. kevinv319 Win User

Read Permissions

I moved My Documents to my D: drive. I did this by going to My Documents Properties, then the Location tab, then entered the new location and clicked Move.

It worked great for a while; quite a while. Then all the sudden, when I would do a Save As, give it a name, click save and it'd say "File not found." No kidding; I'm trying to save it. But it wouldn't work. The problem remains at this point only when trying to save PDFs.

Also, it's screwed up the sync process on my Office 2013. Now, I like 2013, I don't wanna upgrade and I'm not sure it would matter. It usually says something about me not having permission to write to the file (in My Docs).

All this saving and OneNote stuff is happening on the D: drive. I can do a Save As to the C drive just fine. For the D drive, I've run CHKDSK and BelArc Advisor to check the S.M.A.R.T file and all is Healthy.

I'm thinking about moving My Documents back to the C drive, but that would be a lotta trouble. And I need to utilized the D drive (C and D are both 500GB SSDs).

I'm outta tricks and I've been all over Google. Does anybody have any ideas?

:)

kevinv319, Mar 14, 2018
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Read/Write Permissions

Since this issue is happening from the time you've assembled your computer and installed Windows 10, we would like to clarify if you're using an old hard drive or a new one. If you're using an old hard drive, we would also like to clarify if you've re-formatted
    the hard drive before installing Windows 10.

Argel Obm, Mar 14, 2018
  3. NielsF Win User
    Read/Write Permissions

No theres no possibility for that seeing as ive had this problem since Ive installed windows when after assembling my computer.

And yes, the error persists even after altering the permissions on all folders. My main Account (with admin privileges) has full controll over the entire Root Drive including sub- folders and files.

NielsF, Mar 14, 2018
  4. bro67 Win User

Read Permissions

Is this a external or internal drive? Internal I would set it up with the two drives in a RAID. External can have issues when trying to connect and it times out.

bro67, Mar 14, 2018
  5. Bree New Member
    If you have Fall Creators Update (1709) then one cause for this can be that a) you have Controlled Folder Access turned on in Defender and b) you are saving from a third-party app. The solution is either to grant that app access (preferred solution) or to turn off Controlled Folder Access. See this tutorial.

Change Windows Defender Controlled Folder Access Settings - Windows 10

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Read Permissions

1. Read Permissions - Similar Threads - Read Permissions

2. i can't change the read only permission,Everytime i do it,it reverse it back to read only...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't change the read only permission,Everytime i do it,it reverse it back to read only...: i've done DSIM and sfc scan.Tried to change permission but nothing is working.Also i missing some other options on all folders in my disk like customize,security etc...
  3. i can't change the read only permission,Everytime i do it,it reverse it back to read only...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't change the read only permission,Everytime i do it,it reverse it back to read only...: i've done DSIM and sfc scan.Tried to change permission but nothing is working.Also i missing some other options on all folders in my disk like customize,security etc...
  4. I purchased and downloaded all aps and it is saying I only have read only permissions

I purchased and downloaded all aps and it is saying I only have read only permissions: I purchased and downloaded all aps and it is saying I only have read only permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-and-downloaded-all-aps-and-it-is/2ad7dfc3-83e3-4b78-b67a-0fe20f3ff143
  5. I purchased and downloaded all aps and it is saying I only have read only permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased and downloaded all aps and it is saying I only have read only permissions: I purchased and downloaded all aps and it is saying I only have read only permissions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-purchased-and-downloaded-all-aps-and-it-is/2ad7dfc3-83e3-4b78-b67a-0fe20f3ff143
  6. What Exactly Do "Read and Write" Folder Permissions Allow?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What Exactly Do "Read and Write" Folder Permissions Allow?: pretty much the title. taking a look at the Boot folder for example in C Drive/Windows; on my PC, Administrators and Users have permission to Read as well as Execute, but not WriteRead is pretty self explanatory; with this example, it means those in the Admin and User groups...
  7. What Exactly Do "Read and Write" Folder Permissions Allow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What Exactly Do "Read and Write" Folder Permissions Allow?: pretty much the title. taking a look at the Boot folder for example in C Drive/Windows; on my PC, Administrators and Users have permission to Read as well as Execute, but not WriteRead is pretty self explanatory; with this example, it means those in the Admin and User groups...
  8. What Exactly Do "Read and Write" Folder Permissions Allow?

9. About read & execute permission for text file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    About read & execute permission for text file: When you create a fileetc, create a text file using explorer, it seems read & execute permission is given by default. Why read & execute permission is given by default to a text file ?Can this permission be removed ?...
  10. About read & execute permission for text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About read & execute permission for text file: When you create a fileetc, create a text file using explorer, it seems read & execute permission is given by default. Why read & execute permission is given by default to a text file ?Can this permission be removed ?...