Windows 10: Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services

Discus and support Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services How to Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by PJLLB, Jun 24, 2016.

1. PJLLB Win User

Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services

How to: Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services

How to Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services

Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services [​IMG]
    Information The Microsoft privacy statement explains what personal data Microsoft collects from you and how Microsoft uses it. Microsoft encourages you to read the summaries and to click on "Learn More" if you'd like more information on a particular topic.

The product-specific details sections provide additional information relevant to particular Microsoft products. This statement applies to the Microsoft products listed below, as well as other Microsoft products that display this statement. References to Microsoft products in this statement include Microsoft services, websites, apps, software and devices.

This tutorial will show you how to read the privacy statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft services.

CONTENTS:
    • Option One: To Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services Online
    • Option Two: To Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services from Settings
    EXAMPLE: Microsoft Privacy Statement

OPTION ONE [/i] To Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services Online
    1. Click/tap on the link below to open your default web browser to the "Microsoft Privacy Statement" webpage at Microsoft.

*Arrow Microsoft Privacy Statement - Microsoft privacy

OPTION TWO [/i] To Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services from Settings
    1. Open Settings, and click/tap on the System icon.

2. Click/tap on About on the left side, and click/tap on the Read the Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft services link on the right side.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

PJLLB, Jun 24, 2016
  2. Brink Win User

Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement

Source: Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement for consumers - The Official Microsoft Blog

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement

I received the following in an eMail.

I don't think there is anything different from the previous agreements/statements, just cleaning things up for Win10. Consolidating multiple documents into one easier to understand document.

You should do your own due diligence though ... I only skimmed the documents listed at the end of this post.

More information:
    Microsoft Services Agreement FAQ
    Microsoft Services Agreement
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Slartybart, Oct 26, 2019
  4. skippy258 Win User

Has everyone read: Reasons We Share Personal Data section in Windows 10 Microsoft Privacy Statement

Ok when we installed windows 10 on our first system it did not show any Microsoft Privacy Statement so I have been reading it, and found this interesting.

After reading the Microsoft Privacy Statement now.... I most likely would not of upgraded the system for her.

Link to Microsoft Privacy Statement:
    Datenschutzerklärung von Microsoft – Microsoft-Datenschutz

Reasons We Share Personal Data

We share your personal data with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. For example, we share your content with third parties when you tell us to do so, such as when you send an email to a friend, share photos and documents on OneDrive, or link accounts with another service. When you provide payment data to make a purchase, we will share payment data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or provide other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.

In addition, we share personal data among Microsoft-controlled affiliates and subsidiaries. We also share personal data with vendors or agents working on our behalf for the purposes described in this statement. For example, companies we've hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal data in order to provide those functions. In such cases, these companies must abide by our data privacy and security requirements and are not allowed to use personal data they receive from us for any other purpose. We may also disclose personal data as part of a corporate transaction such as a merger or sale of assets.

Finally, we will access, disclose and preserve personal data, including your content (such as the content of your emails, other private communications or files in private folders), when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:

• comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
    • protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
    • operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks; or
    • protect the rights or property of Microsoft, including enforcing the terms governing the use of the services - however, if we receive information indicating that someone is using our services to traffic in stolen intellectual or physical property of Microsoft, we will not inspect a customer's private content ourselves, but we may refer the matter to law enforcement.
    Please note that some of our services include links to services of third parties whose privacy practices differ from Microsoft's. If you provide personal data to any of those services, your data is governed by their privacy statements.

skippy258, Oct 26, 2019
  5. Tatty_One Win User
    Has everyone read: Reasons We Share Personal Data section in Windows 10 Microsoft Privacy Statement

Whilst I don't like it, this is not new to Microsoft or Windows 10, I just googled "Microsoft Privacy statement for Windows 7" and a load of stuff came up, on checking some of the links out the wording is very similar to what you have posted.

Tatty_One, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement Update

Source: Microsoft Services Agreement FAQ

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Read Privacy Statement for Windows 10 and Microsoft Services - Similar Threads - Read Privacy Statement

2. Just a statement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Just a statement: Dear Microsoft, I can't begin to tell you how much I hate you. You broke my computer with your unchecked updates. Now, I am experiencing a reboot at the choose keyboard page. I HATE YOU. I don't want to create a disk. You should have made sure your stuff works. If I...
  3. Error of privacy statement

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error of privacy statement: My Pc is blocking on Microsoft privacy statement , which refers my old HP PC. I was trying to accept all the rules/ points many times, but on the next page I get information that : it verificates error , try another time. I was trying to do sth with HP ricovery manager,...
  4. cortana: can't accept privacy statement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana: can't accept privacy statement: hello guys, i'm trying to set up cortana but every time i want to set it up it says this: [img] i saw on some video' s that there has to be a button called: "i agree" but its not on my computer plz help me! 37692
  5. Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms: How to: Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms How to Read Microsoft Services Agreement Terms The Microsoft Services Agreement is an agreement between you and Microsoft (or one of its affiliates) that governs your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services....
  6. Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10: How to: Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy in Windows 10 How to Use Microsoft Privacy Dashboard to Manage Your Privacy on the Cloud in Windows 10 Microsoft has introduced a new web-based privacy dashboard so you can see and control your activity data...
  7. Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement

in Windows 10 News
    Improving the Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement: What do Windows, Skype, Xbox Live and OneDrive have in common? One simpler service agreement and privacy statement from Microsoft. In a world of more personalized computing, customers need meaningful transparency and privacy protections. And those aren’t possible unless we...
  8. Your Services Agreement and Privacy Statement made clearer 9/15/2016

in Windows 10 News
    Your Services Agreement and Privacy Statement made clearer 9/15/2016: We are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to your use of Microsoft consumer online products and services. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover additional Microsoft products,...
  9. Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement Update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Services Agreement and Privacy Statement Update: You’re receiving this email because we are updating the Microsoft Services Agreement, which applies to one or more Microsoft products or services you use. We’re making these updates to clarify our terms and ensure that they remain transparent for you, as well as to cover...
  10. Microsoft has a new mission statement

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft has a new mission statement: The end of Microsoft's fiscal year occurs on June 30th and it's around this time of the year that we see the company make large changes to its organizational structure as it prepares for the year ahead. With the company already announcing that a few executives will be leaving...