Windows 10: Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

Discus and support Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with apps that allow accessing Ubuntu ext3/4 file systems through Windows? 114915 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with apps that allow accessing Ubuntu ext3/4 file systems through Windows?

:)

mikeincousa, Jul 27, 2018
  2. xfire Win User

College to teach Linux over windows

I say you should start with Ubuntu or Xubuntu(lighter version of Ubuntu) and then if you need a smaller version of Linux, I suggest Puppy Linux.

xfire, Jul 27, 2018
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    What to do in Ubuntu ?

I'm new to this Linux and its variants.

For the first time I'm stepping out of coziness of Windows . What do you guys use Linux for ?

Also I'm in college, will be doing Computer Science Engineering (Programming) . Anything to learn you guys can suggest ?

Already know a bit of C++, Photoshop.

wolf2009, Jul 27, 2018
  4. Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

Windows-Ubuntu Dual Boot, Cannot write or edit files in Ubuntu.

Hello

Let me make some points clear:

• I don't wish to meddle with any of windows' or Linux's critical files.
    • I have disk partitions : C (named windows) and E(named common data)
    • I store my word, excel or powerpoint,
      foo.c files , java practice codes or similar kinds of files into E drive (or my data drive) which I can access from both Linux and windows.
    • I have been doing point no. 3 for over an year now and had the problem mentioned as question only twice till now.
    • I take care of saving files in compatibility mode so that there won't be any read-write problem.
    • Recently after updating windows 10 (the regular updates), I wasn't able to view/write/modify the word files stored in E drive in Linux Environment.
    I found that:

The Windows 10 update reseted itself to the default fast startup which is a form of hibernation. (cause of my problem)

I found solution
    in these links:

Now I am able to work just fine with both Windows and Linux Ubuntu.

Thank You

Hemal Mamtora

HemalMamtora, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

1. Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows - Similar Threads - Read Ubuntu Linux

2. how do I read linux files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I read linux files in windows 10: how do I read linux files in windows 10. i have 3TB hard drive from WD my cloud docked and using usb port. i beleive it is linux os and my win 10 does not see the usb drive nor the files. how do i get software/or through windows, to view and transfer these backed up files?...
  3. how do I read linux files in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I read linux files in windows 10: how do I read linux files in windows 10. i have 3TB hard drive from WD my cloud docked and using usb port. i beleive it is linux os and my win 10 does not see the usb drive nor the files. how do i get software/or through windows, to view and transfer these backed up files?...
  4. Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10: I am installing a bash Linux distros (WSL) to a Lab of 100 pcs with windows 10. I have already installed the first 2 components:-Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) in the Windows Features and activated the Developer modeAt that point i should type “Bash” at the command...
  5. Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Install the Windows Subsystem for Linux (ubuntu) to windows 10: I am installing a bash Linux distros (WSL) to a Lab of 100 pcs with windows 10. I have already installed the first 2 components:-Windows Subsystem for Linux (Beta) in the Windows Features and activated the Developer modeAt that point i should type “Bash” at the command...
  6. Install Ubuntu in Windows Subsystem Linux got error Installation Failed! and Error: 0x80004002

Install Ubuntu in Windows Subsystem Linux got error Installation Failed! and Error: 0x80004002: Hello, Please support to me about error code 0x80004002 when I install Ubuntu after enable feature Windows Subsystem Linux...
  7. Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues

Ubuntu Linux Installation Issues: Hi Everyone, Last night I had the wild urge to try out the linux distribution of Ubuntu, I really thought everything was going well. Within Ubuntu, there's a hard drive partitioning application built-in, that part of the installation seemed to go well. I proceeded to move...
  8. Reading File Error

Reading File Error: Hi every body, Sorry for my poor English. I have a Program 32-bit from time of Windows XP. In Windows 8.1 it is working normaly, no issues at all. In Windows 10, with UAC Enabled, the Programm starts but when I try to read/save its configuration file therre comes a error...
  9. Removing ubuntu from EFI File. rmdir /s ubuntu not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing ubuntu from EFI File. rmdir /s ubuntu not working: Hello, hope someone can help. I am trying to remove ubuntu from the EFI file. I assigned the EFI file with the letter Z and have managed to list the directory. When I use the command PS Z:\EFI> rmdir /s ubuntu (to remove ubuntu from the directory) I get the following error...
  10. Windows 10 TO GO handles LINUX (EXT3/4) File system

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 TO GO handles LINUX (EXT3/4) File system: Hi there I'm sure I haven't added any extra software - but Windows 10 TO GO version seems to handle READ and WRITE to a LINUX EXT3/4 File system. I know Linux can handle Windows file systems but this is the first time where I've seen WINDOWS handling a LINUX file system...