Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows

Discus and support Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with apps that allow accessing Ubuntu ext3/4 file systems through Windows? 114915 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mikeincousa, Jul 27, 2018.

1. mikeincousa Win User

Does anyone have any thoughts / experiences with apps that allow accessing Ubuntu ext3/4 file systems through Windows?

:)

mikeincousa, Jul 27, 2018
  2. xfire Win User

College to teach Linux over windows

I say you should start with Ubuntu or Xubuntu(lighter version of Ubuntu) and then if you need a smaller version of Linux, I suggest Puppy Linux.

xfire, Jul 27, 2018
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    What to do in Ubuntu ?

I'm new to this Linux and its variants.

For the first time I'm stepping out of coziness of Windows . What do you guys use Linux for ?

Also I'm in college, will be doing Computer Science Engineering (Programming) . Anything to learn you guys can suggest ?

Already know a bit of C++, Photoshop.

wolf2009, Jul 27, 2018
  4. HemalMamtora Win User

Windows-Ubuntu Dual Boot, Cannot write or edit files in Ubuntu.

Hello

Let me make some points clear:

• I don't wish to meddle with any of windows' or Linux's critical files.
    • I have disk partitions : C (named windows) and E(named common data)
    • I store my word, excel or powerpoint,
      foo.c files , java practice codes or similar kinds of files into E drive (or my data drive) which I can access from both Linux and windows.
    • I have been doing point no. 3 for over an year now and had the problem mentioned as question only twice till now.
    • I take care of saving files in compatibility mode so that there won't be any read-write problem.
    • Recently after updating windows 10 (the regular updates), I wasn't able to view/write/modify the word files stored in E drive in Linux Environment.
    I found that:

The Windows 10 update reseted itself to the default fast startup which is a form of hibernation. (cause of my problem)

I found solution
    in these links:

Now I am able to work just fine with both Windows and Linux Ubuntu.

Thank You

Hemal Mamtora

HemalMamtora, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Read Ubuntu Linux ex3/4 Files in Windows - Similar Threads - Read Ubuntu Linux

2. Windows Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Edge: Since last update i am no longer able to use windows edge or its associated programs. Have tried restart, and update did not work. Any suggestions before I return to an earlier version where it works?...
  3. Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove old Microsoft account from Windows 10: I switched the Microsoft account that I use for my Office 365 applications and I cannot get Windows 10 to stop asking me to "fix a problem with the old account" that I am no longer using and would like to remove. When I go to Settings > Accounts the old account is listed...
  4. Windows Cannot Find

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Cannot Find: When I download an exe file, like iTunes for example, and click on "Open" I always get this message: "Windows cannot find C:\users\*myPCname*\Desktop\iTunesSetup.exe". I can't open about 40% of the stuff on my PC due to this issue....
  5. how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?

how do i update windows 10 home to windows 10 pro?: How do I update Windows 10 home to Windows 10 pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-update-windows-10-home-to-windows-10-pro/144936ff-5732-4138-a371-cf571cf466f8
  6. Windows 10 keep crashing...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keep crashing...: My win 10 keeps crashing every 35 mins - 2 hours since i updated it 2-3 days ago... The crash isnt common it shows me some white screen with little black lines... And i need to reset my pc to continiue what i was working on......
  7. Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison

Windows 10 Home SL and EM comparison: Can anyone help in clarifying the main differences between Windows 10 Home SL and EM versions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-home-sl-and-em-comparison/38b6478c-485c-4472-9ad3-91a448463b27
  8. I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt)

I have error (Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt): I have this error ... Log file:C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt ... but i have windows 10 Home preinstall on my Yoga 920 .I can not instaled windows.First time I want upgrade windows 10 pro and after i have this error.Please help me .[ATTACH]...
  9. Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why will utorrent not install on to my windows 10 laptop?: Utorrent will not run on my laptop does any1 know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/why-will-utorrent-not-install-on-to-my-windows-10/80aaf0da-6166-4021-b285-e639215cfcca
  10. Reset Windows 10 lose Programs

Reset Windows 10 lose Programs: Hello, I was after the last downloads from MS for my Windows 10 - So thinking I could do this, I use the reset to another date - no help there. So I use the reset to factory settings - forgot that this computer was first Windows 7 - Well, the reset did not go to win 7, it...