Windows 10: Reader app - Can't update through Store

Discus and support Reader app - Can't update through Store in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Reader app in the store can't update. I keep getting the error 0x803F8001 13941 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by charmon1605, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Reader app - Can't update through Store

My Reader app in the store can't update. I keep getting the error 0x803F8001

:)

charmon1605, Aug 6, 2015
  2. RoyceFu Win User

How to attach a .pdf to an e-mail

There is a missing link here. Why do all incoming pdfs have to default to Adobe Reader? When you make a pdf through Handyscan or Eye Catcher that pdf lives with that app. Why can't the user choose to open a pdf attachment or a downloaded pdf using another
    app such as Handyscan instead of Adobe?

Couldn't MS develop their own pdf reader that email or downloaded pdfs default to, like the Pictures app? Then like the Pictures app, you can touch the three dots and select "Apps..." to move that pdf to a specific app in your list such as Adobe, Handyscan,
    etc. At least with Handyscan I can then email that pdf.

The missing link is the fact that a non-Adobe 3rd party app can read, store and move/email pdfs; rather than defaulting to the Adobe Reader app the WP7 OS should offer a choice of which app that pdf is stored within. Or to bridge the gap, as stated above the
    pdf could first be opened/stored within a MS pdf reader that then allows the pdf to be further stored in other apps, such as Adobe or Handyscan.

RoyceFu, Aug 6, 2015
  3. BBkingo Win User
    Phone 8 PDF Files

I can't open PDF files attached to emails. The PDF Reader app from the Windows app store is non-functional, doesn't do anything and there is no Adobe Reader app available for Windows 8 Lumina 920 phone. What is solution?

BBkingo, Aug 6, 2015
  4. jo2015 Win User

Reader app - Can't update through Store

to fixed this you have to use Dism command to cleanup image online

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

also use this command

SFC/scannow

if you still have this error

you have to mount your ISO and then mount the windows in install.wim

Dism /mount-wim /wimfile:X:\source2\install.wim /index:1 /mountdir:X:\mount

index:1 for windows 10 if home index:2

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

after that
    dism /unmount-Wim /MountDir:X:\mount /discard

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

jo2015, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Reader app - Can't update through Store

1. Reader app - Can't update through Store - Similar Threads - Reader app Can't

2. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.: I have been trying to fix this for a while. When I run the troubleshooter it says hanging apps and I've tried a lot of things to fix the hanging apps but the online solutions aren't working....
  3. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.: I have been trying to fix this for a while. When I run the troubleshooter it says hanging apps and I've tried a lot of things to fix the hanging apps but the online solutions aren't working....
  4. No apps are downloading or updating through the Microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft Store Can't Update Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store Can't Update Apps: I have more than 20 pening APP updates in MS Store. I use VPN - Could this be something that is blocking the updates. Downloading goes on for more than 15 mins, and I cancel as there is no progress....
  6. Microsoft Store Can't Update Apps

Microsoft Store Can't Update Apps: I have more than 20 pening APP updates in MS Store. I use VPN - Could this be something that is blocking the updates. Downloading goes on for more than 15 mins, and I cancel as there is no progress....
  7. Microsoft Store Can't Update Apps

8. Can't install games through Windows store or xbox app

Can't install games through Windows store or xbox app: Hello all, I'm trying to install The Outer Worlds through xbox game pass. I know this has worked earlier this week, so it's not an issue of account validity. I find that when I go to install the game, either through the XBOX app or the Windows Store, the installation...
  9. Apps installed through store not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apps installed through store not opening: Recently I am not able to open any apps and games installed through the Microsoft Store such as Asphalt 8 and Traffic Rider. My laptop is a Lenovo G50-70 Ideapad running on Windows 10 Home version with Intel i3 and AMD Radeon. The app/game starts in their initial respective...
  10. Can't install or update store apps

Can't install or update store apps: They all display error 0x800706d9 . I've read it could be related to Windows Firewall. What I have done: . Microsofr Fixit (for Store and apps ) . Restarted Firewall, bits, wupdate and cryptographic services . Lookup events log Depósito con errores , tipo 0...