Windows 10: Reading File Error

Discus and support Reading File Error in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi every body, Sorry for my poor English. I have a Program 32-bit from time of Windows XP. In Windows 8.1 it is working normaly, no issues at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Adalwar, May 7, 2016.

1. Adalwar Win User

Reading File Error

Hi every body,
    Sorry for my poor English.

I have a Program 32-bit from time of Windows XP. In Windows 8.1 it is working normaly, no issues at all.
    In Windows 10, with UAC Enabled, the Programm starts but when I try to read/save its configuration file therre comes a error and I have to close the App. I can not work, something is preventing me from working there.
    With UAC Disabled via Registra (EnableLUA=0) it works normally, but other things in Windows stops working.
    I tried to Install everything related to another Partition (far away from C:\ ) but that does not help.

Is there a solution for this? Is that a Problem with "Rights" or so?
    That general Locking and Blocking of Programs and Files is driving me crazy.

:)

Adalwar, May 7, 2016
  2. cricfancy Win User

PC Suite installation: Error reading from file

Hi,

Do have backup of your phone data & PC registries then

Uninstall Nokia PC Suite, Nokia Connectivity cable driver, PC Connectivity solution, Nokia flashing cable driver(if any on your PC), Run PC Suite cleaner. Install latest Nokia PC Suite from nokia.com/pcsuite, reboot your pc. Once pc started, connect your phone
    with USB in different ports of your PC and check Reading File Error :)

cricfancy, May 7, 2016
  3. helixythe Win User
    PC Suite installation: Error reading from file

Hi,

I just bought my Nokia E71 two days ago.

I tried to install the PC Suite Software but it isn't working. Every time I receive the same error:

Error reading from file:

C:\Windows\Installer\MSI2E3F.tmp. Verify

that the file exists and that you can access it.

... and at the same time my bit-defender anti-virus warns that it has catched a trojan!!!!

I use a windows Vista operating system, a Nokia E71, and the latest PC Suit version.

I tried the official CD but also every possible (previous) versions of the pc suite software that I could find on nokia websites.

The C:\Windows\Installer\ directory doesn't seem to exist.

I also couldn't find any information on this issue on the Internet.

helixythe, May 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Reading File Error

Have you tried starting the program by right clicking the link and selecting Run as Administrator? This might force the program to read/save its configuration file. If it works you can set up a shortcut to it and change the properties: on the Compatibility Tab you can tick the box to always run as administrator.

philc43, May 7, 2016
  5. Adalwar Win User
    Thank you for your answer.
    Good point. I had not thought about that. I tried your sugestions but that Control app is located in the Control Panel and that option is not available for App there.
    In the mean time I solved the Problem.
    The files belonging to the Configuration are installed in Drive C:\ and was not installed in other Partition as I choice by the time of install . I think it must be on Windows Partition. Any way, I went to the Folder containing the files and took the OwnerShip and gave all rights to every user on Network. Now it is working.

Adalwar, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Reading File Error

1. Reading File Error - Similar Threads - Reading File Error

2. Error reading or writing history file in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error reading or writing history file in PowerShell: How to fix this? I am using Powershell 7. Thank you.Error reading or writing history file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PowerShell\PSReadLine\ConsoleHost_history.txt': Access to the path...
  3. Error reading or writing history file in PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error reading or writing history file in PowerShell: How to fix this? I am using Powershell 7. Thank you.Error reading or writing history file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PowerShell\PSReadLine\ConsoleHost_history.txt': Access to the path...
  4. Error reading or writing history file error!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error reading or writing history file error!!!: How to fix this? I am using Powershell 7. Thank you.Error reading or writing history file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PowerShell\PSReadLine\ConsoleHost_history.txt': Access to the path...
  5. Error reading or writing history file error!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error reading or writing history file error!!!: How to fix this? I am using Powershell 7. Thank you.Error reading or writing history file 'C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\PowerShell\PSReadLine\ConsoleHost_history.txt': Access to the path...
  6. Help reading dmp file for error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help reading dmp file for error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f: Device is blue-screening multiple times an hour with the error - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fI have collected the minidump but windbg keeps showing"DBGHELP: Timeout to store: https://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols" and tells me to fix symbols to do analysis which I have...
  7. Read a file in a bat file

in Windows 10 Support
    Read a file in a bat file: I have to read a file thru a bat file and get the date in the file. Once I get the date, I need it to be passed to be appended to another file. 160503
  8. Error reading from file! BCL.EasyConverterLib.Interop.dll.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error reading from file! BCL.EasyConverterLib.Interop.dll.: I'm using windows10 and Family Tree Maker 2012. Microsoft did a up date and I had a meltdown! tried to fix but, there was no back up I had it set for back up and use a portable drive but have search all over for backup but nothing there. It uninstalled my tree now trying to...
  9. Win 10/ File Size/ Read-Error?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10/ File Size/ Read-Error?: Hi all. I don't think I've seen this on previous versions of Windows; this might be a unique glitch to Windows 10? First, I want to show you a screen-capture pic of my storage: My "C" drive (I also have a "D" drive, a separate SATA HDD); my "C" drive is a Samsung SSD....
  10. Win 10/ File Size/ Read-Error?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10/ File Size/ Read-Error?: Hi all. I don't think I've seen this on previous versions of Windows; this might be a unique glitch to Windows 10? First, I want to show you a screen-capture pic of my storage: My "C" drive (I also have a "D" drive, a separate SATA HDD); my "C" drive is a Samsung SSD....