Windows 10: Reading View App No Longer Works

Discus and support Reading View App No Longer Works in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I absolutely loved the Windows 10 reading view app, but it doesn't seem to work on many sites. Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it no longer works on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by dustnik, Nov 11, 2016.

1. dustnik Win User

Reading View App No Longer Works

I absolutely loved the Windows 10 reading view app, but it doesn't seem to work on many sites. Since the last Windows 10 upgrade, it no longer works on sites it worked on previously. Is there anyway to get it back? Please fix this to work on all sites as it is a great feature for those of us who like reading online. Thank you.

:)

dustnik, Nov 11, 2016
  2. SDeFeo Win User

Mail app no longer works

I am running Windows 10 on my PC.

Up until recently, I was happily using the action center to view emails. I would look at the notifications, and then click on the "Mail" icon to open the Mail app.

I have been using the Mail app that is built into Windows, and I view 5 separate emails there.

Now, I get the notifications, but if I click on them, nothing happens. If I right-click on them, I only get notification options (Go To Notification Settings, or Turn Off Notifications).

Likewise, where the "Mail" icon used to be, it says: microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3dbbwe!microsoft.windowslive.mail. But, I cannot do anything by clicking on that.

In trying to resolve that problem, I noticed that my start menu no longer shows tiles. It is just the list. And I cannot get it back to tiles.

Also, the app "mail" is no longer in that list on the start menu.

When I search for "Mail and Calendar" it takes me to the windows store, which says the product is installed.

But, there is noplace on my computer where i can find the way into the mail app.

Please. I need help. I cannot even find the windows store app on my app list.

SDeFeo, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Facebook App No Longer Works - Nokia N97

Face book app and Nokia communities beta both started working again late this afternnon :smileyhappy:

carman58---01, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

This is Reading View in Edge you're talking about? I'm afraid 'we' can't fix it because TenForums is, as it says at the bottom of each page....
    We can, perhaps offer advice that may help. For that we'd need to know:
    • the address of a page that used to work for you but now doesn't.
    • the build number of your Windows 10 (run Winver to find out).

5. dustnik Win User
    Sorry to get back to you so late on this, but I couldn't find this page again. The site I was talking about is Archive of Our Own. The app no longer works with any of the stories there. My Windows 10 build is currently 1607.

dustnik, May 6, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
    Yes @dustnik, I see what you mean. In the latest 1607 (os build 14393.1066) Edge's 'reading view' is not available for pages on Home | Archive of Our Own such as (chosen at random) Get Me. 1/1. - punky_96 - The Devil Wears Prada (2006) [Archive of Our Own] I've tried a few things in Edge like turning off 'use Microsoft compatibility lists' but there's nothing I've found that can convince Edge to enable reading view for that particular page.

However, you CAN read that page in reading view - just click the 'Download' button and choose HTML. You then see a rather sparse version of the page, but crucially it's now a page that works in reading view.

You may like to know that reading view has had quite a make-over for the Creators Update - oh, and it works on Archive of Our Own without any problems.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Reading View App No Longer Works - Similar Threads - Reading View App

2. Photos App no longer working...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos App no longer working...: Is there anyone except me who is experiencing being unable to open photos anymore? I can't open any photos in Windows Explorer anymore. If I bring up a folder of photos and click on one to open it, it says, "The specified feature could not be found." Has anybody else...
  3. Calculator app no longer works

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Calculator app no longer works: I can't even redownload it I'm getting error: Code: 0x80073CF9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-app-no-longer-works/d7210c92-512c-40b8-b48e-7517872cdf4c
  4. Calculator app no longer works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Calculator app no longer works: I can't even redownload it I'm getting error: Code: 0x80073CF9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-app-no-longer-works/d7210c92-512c-40b8-b48e-7517872cdf4c
  5. Facebook App no longer working

Facebook App no longer working: I would like to know why my Facebook App has stopped working on my Surface Pro Laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/facebook-app-no-longer-working/4cc823d4-7f62-4b6f-9c87-d9a813e34fb8
  6. task view no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    task view no longer works: task view used to show programs that I have opened on different days now it only shows the one that is open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-view-no-longer-works/e1e354d7-e254-4699-9743-4f68e9e505a6
  7. Apps and APP Store no longer working

Apps and APP Store no longer working: since a few days ago I have not been able to run apps such as photo, calculator or app store. When i click on a jpg photo thumbmail in explorer, I get a message "the app didn't start". I now have to view photos using "paint". I thought maybe a recent update was the problem....
  8. sedlauncher.exe reading/viewing photos

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    sedlauncher.exe reading/viewing photos: Why does sedlauncher.exe need to view all my photos that are stored on a separate disk from the windows installation? What is being gathered by reading personal photos and being sent back to the windows servers? This is a gross invasion of privacy and surely must be breaking...
  9. viewing local video files in chrome no longer works?

in Browsers and Email
    viewing local video files in chrome no longer works?: So I'm trying out the chromecast device to hopefully eliminate having to move my laptop across the room and connect it via hdmi every night to watch movies on my tv screen. In windows 7 I could just drag the file into a new chrome page and it would open the file which could...
  10. Windows edge reading view

in Browsers and Email
    Windows edge reading view: Can you set reading view as a default in windows edge? Don 8941