Windows 10: Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download

Discus and support Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; F14/COMPU - ok, here goes. (bobkn - bkmks means 'bookmarks', big deal ) B4 I start following tutorial, will things go right over the 16gb usb I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by ImLost, Aug 9, 2018.

1. ImLost Win User

Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download

F14/COMPU - ok, here goes.

(bobkn - bkmks means 'bookmarks', big deal )

B4 I start following tutorial, will things go right over the 16gb usb I have in case it is not empty? ( not 100% sure)

:)

ImLost, Aug 9, 2018
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    • Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    • Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    • click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download [​IMG]
    • Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    • Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 9, 2018
  3. System Image Problem

I'm getting a head start in case you get on early.

Can you post camera pics to your thread from your phone?

There will be steps later that require attention to detail and I'd feel better if I could see what's on your screen. I had to try the steps more than once when I tested the process and I'd like to avoid that on your machine.

Here's what I'd like to do for the Macrium Rescue steps later on in the process
    I'll post the the step, you'll post an picture of the Macrium screen,
    I'll echo same screen back if I see something that needs changing or I'll just say Go Ahead

When I confirm that the Macrium screen, you'll make any changes I've highlighted and THEN execute the step

Here's where you begin today's session, we'll get as far as we get and then pick up when you get back home.

Step 1: Safeguard the System Image by moving it to a new folder

• Connect the Seagate exp drive

• File Explorer: Navigate to the Seagate drive

• Create a new Folder named 1_sysImage

• Move WindowsImageBackup to 1_sysImage

Step 2: List the VHDs in the System Image

• File Explorer: Navigate to 1_sysImage\WindowsImageBackup\machineName\Backup date-time

• Press the Type column to sort by Type

• Post a screen shot

Slartybart, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download

System Image Problem

Version Date 5.05 8/03/2009 5.08 7/21/2009 Which one is newer?
    Only 5.05 was offered on HP for the machine I linked.
    The description danced around some of the anomalies we're seen with drives.

Since only 5.05 was offered, I questioned 5.08
    Guess we know the answer now - 5.05 failed to flash.
    We could spend time trying to figure that out, but IMO it's better on the back burner for now

I think the next step is to try the Macrium sleight of hand to get the System Image restored.
    I'd like to get the System Image up and running to do the follwoing

• Copy Nick's data to a folder off of the restored System Image C: drive

• run a Belarc Advisor audit to collect license keys for Nick's software

• there might be other data collection that Nick can do in preparation for the final step

The final step is a clean install, install up-to-date MS and 3rd party software, and restore the copied personal data.

Nick was having difficulty locating the outlook files in the System Image - so getting it back running live is the best I can think of.

Thoughts, suggestions, and objections are always welcome and considered

Slartybart, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download

1. Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download - Similar Threads - Ready full system

2. Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Free Macrium for Linux Imaging and restoring (Not cloning but imaging): Hi folks The standalone version of Free Macrium will backup and restore Linux systems -- but with a slight proviso you will probably have to re-generate the bootloader / grub on the first boot of the restored system. I'm specifying IMAGING the systems and not cloning them as...
  3. Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect

Restoring Image by free Macrium Reflect: In the past I was able to restore a Disk Image in the Windows 10 interface without using the Rescue Disk. Lately this is no longer possible and restoration through the Rescue Disk is the only way now. This is not a big hassle but it is an unwelcome nag. Is it possible to go...
  4. Macrium Free disk imaging

Macrium Free disk imaging: Ok, using a Macrium made boot USB I can create an image of my boot SSD (all partitions needed to boot Windows), to any other attached disk, this works perfectly. My question is about using Macrium while in Windows, is the disk image made this way identical to the image made...
  5. Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download

Ready to do the full system Image After the Macrium Free Download: F14/COMPU - ok, here goes. (bobkn - bkmks means 'bookmarks', big deal ) B4 I start following tutorial, will things go right over the 16gb usb I have in case it is not empty? ( not 100% sure) 115620
  6. Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging

Macrium Reflect- Free vs. Windows 10 drive imaging: I may need to wipe my HDD to trial Neverware. I want to make sure I can get back my legal installation of Windows 10 Pro on this computer. What are my options? Built-in Win10 or something like Macrium? 46389
  7. Doigt only Full Backups under Macrium Reflect Free

Doigt only Full Backups under Macrium Reflect Free: I have just installed Macrium Reflect Free 6.3 and cannot seem to find a way to create only Full backups. I did this on both Acronis and Paragon. How can I set up Reflect to do this? Thank you. 80044
  8. event id 41 after restoring an image with macrium reflect free why ?

event id 41 after restoring an image with macrium reflect free why ?: every time I restore my windows 10 with an image created with macrium reflect free the image restore without any proplem and windows 10 works good but when I check event viewer I see event id 41 (unexpected shutdown) why ? no unexpected shutdown happened and no blue...
  9. New to Macrium: System Image

New to Macrium: System Image: My setup: 256 GB SSD holding the C drive "Local Disc C" which includes my Programs among other usual files, 190 GB free of 223 GB. I have my Personal Folders (Documents, Pictures etc., Downloads, Searches etc.) on a 2 TB internal rotational drive D. Therefore these folders on...
  10. Macrium Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Free: I just downloaded Macrium Reflect Free version 6.3. When I tried to backup my system disk that has two partitions, Windows Reserved and Windows itself, I go an error message saying, : MFT corrupt =6. Please run chkdsk /f. I did that several times on the disk with no...