Windows 10: ready to give up

Discus and support ready to give up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Well, it's day 5 of my Windows 10 upgrade attempts! I have literally been trying to do this for the past 5 days and have gotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dc1957, Sep 3, 2015.

1. dc1957 Win User

ready to give up

Hello everyone,

Well, it's day 5 of my Windows 10 upgrade attempts! I have literally been trying to do this for the past 5 days and have gotten absolutely nowhere!! I have followed all the instructions from here and everywhere else I could to fix this, but nothing is working. All I get is "failed update" or the best one "something happened" No kidding?!?

the only error numbers that have come up are 8007001F or 80240020 I have turned off anti-virus, I have turned off everything! I have deleted the files from the software folder, I have repaired or reinstalled dot net framework. I have downloaded the media creation tool but it failed to run. I downloaded the ISO file directly and created a DVD but only got about 28% in to it, then it failed with no other explanation than "something happened"

Microsoft started this by sending me the notice for the upgrade. I can only assume that meant I was qualified to have it. For what it's worth, I am running windows 7 home on a 32 bit system My system meets or exceeds the requirements for the upgrade.

What am I missing? Microsoft certainly isn't telling me anything!

Thanks in advance
    Don

:)

dc1957, Sep 3, 2015

2. After the latest update my computer starts up then shuts off

I Thank you VERY much!! The first method you provided worked, Power Troubleshooter. The message that came up, after I did the steps was "Time before display goes to sleep is too long".

Stay Healthy & Safe

ready to give up, Sep 3, 2015
  3. After the latest update my computer starts up then shuts off

When I installed the latest updates on my Dell laptop, I now have to turn on my computer twice to use it. I turn it on. It appears it will start, than it will shutoff. I turn it back on and it starts normally.

Suggestions Please!

[Original title: latest update]

ready to give up, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

ready to give up

Brink, Sep 3, 2015
  5. dc1957 Win User
    Thank you Brink for your help and quick response

dc1957, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ready to give up

1. ready to give up - Similar Threads - ready

2. Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready: I'm having to get a new computer that is WINDOWS 11 ready.Is it possible to just put my current drives in to the new computer in place of the one that is in there already, and then upgrade to WINDOWS 11 from that point?Reason why I ask this is, I have a number of programmes...
  3. Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready: I'm having to get a new computer that is WINDOWS 11 ready.Is it possible to just put my current drives in to the new computer in place of the one that is in there already, and then upgrade to WINDOWS 11 from that point?Reason why I ask this is, I have a number of programmes...
  4. Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  6. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  7. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My laptop is keep restarting in loop and showing windows getting ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is keep restarting in loop and showing windows getting ready: I tried every possible ways and keys to solve this but it’s not working what to do now let me know please help me Microsoft I have so much work to do but my laptop is not opening just restarting and showing windows getting ready....
  9. My laptop is keep restarting in loop and showing windows getting ready

My laptop is keep restarting in loop and showing windows getting ready: I tried every possible ways and keys to solve this but it’s not working what to do now let me know please help me Microsoft I have so much work to do but my laptop is not opening just restarting and showing windows getting ready....
  10. My laptop is keep restarting and showing that windows getting ready and it’s going in loop...

My laptop is keep restarting and showing that windows getting ready and it’s going in loop...: My laptop is keep restarting and showing that the windows is getting ready and it’s going in loop again again same thing is happening what to do I tried every possible ways to solve it but it not worked please help me Microsoft to solve this problem...