Windows 10: ready to give up

Discus and support ready to give up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everyone, Well, it's day 5 of my Windows 10 upgrade attempts! I have literally been trying to do this for the past 5 days and have gotten... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dc1957, Sep 3, 2015.

1. dc1957 Win User

ready to give up

Hello everyone,

Well, it's day 5 of my Windows 10 upgrade attempts! I have literally been trying to do this for the past 5 days and have gotten absolutely nowhere!! I have followed all the instructions from here and everywhere else I could to fix this, but nothing is working. All I get is "failed update" or the best one "something happened" No kidding?!?

the only error numbers that have come up are 8007001F or 80240020 I have turned off anti-virus, I have turned off everything! I have deleted the files from the software folder, I have repaired or reinstalled dot net framework. I have downloaded the media creation tool but it failed to run. I downloaded the ISO file directly and created a DVD but only got about 28% in to it, then it failed with no other explanation than "something happened"

Microsoft started this by sending me the notice for the upgrade. I can only assume that meant I was qualified to have it. For what it's worth, I am running windows 7 home on a 32 bit system My system meets or exceeds the requirements for the upgrade.

What am I missing? Microsoft certainly isn't telling me anything!

Thanks in advance
    Don

:)

dc1957, Sep 3, 2015

2. After the latest update my computer starts up then shuts off

I Thank you VERY much!! The first method you provided worked, Power Troubleshooter. The message that came up, after I did the steps was "Time before display goes to sleep is too long".

Stay Healthy & Safe

ready to give up, Sep 3, 2015
  3. After the latest update my computer starts up then shuts off

When I installed the latest updates on my Dell laptop, I now have to turn on my computer twice to use it. I turn it on. It appears it will start, than it will shutoff. I turn it back on and it starts normally.

Suggestions Please!

[Original title: latest update]

ready to give up, Sep 3, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

ready to give up

Brink, Sep 3, 2015
  5. dc1957 Win User
    Thank you Brink for your help and quick response

dc1957, Sep 3, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're welcome. Please let us know how it went.

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

ready to give up

1. ready to give up - Similar Threads - ready

2. Xbox Insiders Get Ready for the Next Xbox One Home Experiments Xbox

in Windows 10 News
    Xbox Insiders Get Ready for the Next Xbox One Home Experiments Xbox: [ATTACH] In July we introduced Xbox Insiders to an evolving Home experience. Xbox engineers have taken user research and feedback to create a faster Xbox One Home dashboard! We know you’re curious what these experiments have all been about, and we have info on new updates...
  3. Getting the Windows 10 November 2019 Update Ready for Release Insider

in Windows 10 News
    Getting the Windows 10 November 2019 Update Ready for Release Insider: Hello Windows Insiders! We are now getting the Windows 10 November 2019 Update (19H2) ready for release. We believe that Build 18363.418 is the final build and we will continue to improve the overall experience of 19H2 on customers’ PCs as part of our normal servicing...
  4. Getting the November 2019 Update Ready for Release Insider

in Windows 10 News
    Getting the November 2019 Update Ready for Release Insider: Hello Windows Insiders! We are now getting the Windows 10 November 2019 Update (19H2) ready for release. We believe that Build 18363.418 is the final build and we will continue to improve the overall experience of 19H2 on customers’ PCs as part of our normal servicing...
  5. getting stuck at "getting files ready for installation" on the hdd but not the ssd?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    getting stuck at "getting files ready for installation" on the hdd but not the ssd?: I have tried multiple times now to download windows 10 via usb stick to the ssd drive. I have done this with previous versions of windows with different usb`s and with the same ssd before with no issues. but this time it just stops at "getting files ready for installation"....
  6. Get Ready for Next Esports season - WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Get Ready for Next Esports season - WRC 8 FIA World Rally Championship: [ATTACH] Following an intense season involving 12 challenges over eight months, the time has come for the final of the esports WRC Powered by Hyundai, with nine qualifiers vying for the title, including Jon Armstrong, 2018 World Champion, and Lohan “Nexl” Blanc, the 2017...
  7. Windows 10 performance boosting update not yet ready

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 performance boosting update not yet ready: Windows 10 version 1909 update codenamed ’19H2′ is supposed to launch in the fall of 2019, which means pretty soon, given that we’re already in October. ESD of Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.356 was recently published on Windows Server Update Services server (WSUS),...
  8. Stuck on "We’re updating Forza Horizon 4. It should be ready to use again shortly." and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on "We’re updating Forza Horizon 4. It should be ready to use again shortly." and...: Hello. I've been getting some sort of error popup for couple of days. " LocalBridge.exe - Bad Image C:/Windows/System32/Windows.System.Profile.PlatformDiagnosticsAndUsageDataSettings.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing...
  9. The device is not ready

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The device is not ready: Hi, When I try to open msconfig and task manager an error message pops up saying C:\Windows\system32\taskmgr.exe "The device is not ready" C:\Windows\system32\msconfig.exe "The device is not ready" Could you help me fix this? Thanks....
  10. Microsoft: Windows 10 version 1903 is ready for broad deployment

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft: Windows 10 version 1903 is ready for broad deployment: Windows 10 version 1903, the soon-to-be-replaced latest feature update version of Windows 10, has been declared "ready for broad deployment" by Microsoft. The news comes in form of a new paragraph added to the release information page of Windows 10 version 1903 and Windows...