Windows 10: Ready to Sysprep

Discus and support Ready to Sysprep in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hey all, I have a Windows 10 build I have customized, setup the default user, installed apps, drivers and ready to image. I have not done this since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by techmerlin, Nov 23, 2015.

1. Ready to Sysprep

Hey all,

I have a Windows 10 build I have customized, setup the default user, installed apps, drivers and ready to image. I have not done this since the XP platform and see lots of info on the Audit mode vs doing this the way I am used to from previous versions.

Is there still a way to use this machine as I have setup now with my customization or do I have to start all over again in Audit mode? I had planned on doing the standard, not totally automated setup whereas I still apply a computer name and so forth but setup this way to take away the need to have to reinstall all the apps, drivers and so forth.

These are in a domain environment so basically doing an image then using that image for the base build for our team to push out on machine builds.

Thanks everyone for your help!

:)

techmerlin, Nov 23, 2015

2. Windows 10 Creators update SYSPREP

Hi! I'm building an image on Windows 10 Education Creators update 1703. And I'm having troubles with sysprep. The sysprep will run. But after a reboot it takes forever for the computer to start. It is stuck at "it's taking a bit longer than usual but it
    should be ready soon". Any suggestions? Clean 1703 install with the latest windows updates. No other software is installed.

Thanks!

Fredrik Götesson, Nov 23, 2015
  3. sysprep broken on windows 10 build 10586

I am trying to sysprep After installing windows update 3136561, sysprep fails, with message that says "Sysprep was not able to validate your Windows installation. Review the log file a %WINDIR% \Ssytem 32\Sysprep\Panther\setupact.log for details.

I was able to run sysprep before installing update KB3136561, which changed the OS version to 10.0.10586

This is on windows 10, Enterprise.

The log says "spopk.dll : : Sysprep will not run on an upgraded OS. You can only run Sysprep on a custom (clean) install version of Windows."

This was a clean install, until KB3136561 did the upgrade to version 10.0.10586

Help

MarkTronrud, Nov 23, 2015
Thema:

Ready to Sysprep

1. Ready to Sysprep - Similar Threads - Ready Sysprep

2. Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready: I'm having to get a new computer that is WINDOWS 11 ready.Is it possible to just put my current drives in to the new computer in place of the one that is in there already, and then upgrade to WINDOWS 11 from that point?Reason why I ask this is, I have a number of programmes...
  3. Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready: I'm having to get a new computer that is WINDOWS 11 ready.Is it possible to just put my current drives in to the new computer in place of the one that is in there already, and then upgrade to WINDOWS 11 from that point?Reason why I ask this is, I have a number of programmes...
  4. Getting new PC that is Windows 11 ready

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  6. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...: I just bought this secondhand PC and I factory reset it delete files but don't clean drive, download windows from this device, delete windows driver only and left it while it was on the "Getting Windows ready, don't turn off your computer" phase. When I came back it turns out...
  7. PC is stuck on "Getting Windows ready, don't turn of your computer" after going to sleep...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My laptop is keep restarting in loop and showing windows getting ready

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is keep restarting in loop and showing windows getting ready: I tried every possible ways and keys to solve this but it’s not working what to do now let me know please help me Microsoft I have so much work to do but my laptop is not opening just restarting and showing windows getting ready....
  9. My laptop is keep restarting in loop and showing windows getting ready

My laptop is keep restarting in loop and showing windows getting ready: I tried every possible ways and keys to solve this but it’s not working what to do now let me know please help me Microsoft I have so much work to do but my laptop is not opening just restarting and showing windows getting ready....
  10. My laptop is keep restarting and showing that windows getting ready and it’s going in loop...

My laptop is keep restarting and showing that windows getting ready and it’s going in loop...: My laptop is keep restarting and showing that the windows is getting ready and it’s going in loop again again same thing is happening what to do I tried every possible ways to solve it but it not worked please help me Microsoft to solve this problem...