Windows 10: Reagentc.exe WinReSetConfig failed: error 0xb7, error 0x3

Discus and support Reagentc.exe WinReSetConfig failed: error 0xb7, error 0x3 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi *, I have upgraded hdd in laptop and run into some problems, he is my situation: cloned the oem Dell laptop hdd to a new ssd, which went fine,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jfb, May 2, 2017.

1. JFB
    jfb Win User

Reagentc.exe WinReSetConfig failed: error 0xb7, error 0x3

Hi *,
    I have upgraded hdd in laptop and run into some problems, he is my situation:
    cloned the oem Dell laptop hdd to a new ssd, which went fine, here is the configuration (disk1/O: is the old C: on hdd, disk0/C: is the C: clone on ssd):

Reagentc.exe WinReSetConfig failed: error 0xb7, error 0x3 [​IMG]

After that I upgraded preinstalled Win7 to Win10, which went also fine.
    At some point after the upgrade Windows recovery started some update and messed with the new ssd drive and Windows recovery configuration, created new recovery partition (now 4 in total), so now I am left with half a drive free space and cannot add another partition for data (as D: drive), because the drive is MBR type, which support only up to 4 partitions. Windows Computer management can add a new partition by converting the ssd to dynamic drive, but before the conversion starts it says there is not enough free space for the conversion conversion to complete (and it gets cancelled before it starts). I also noticed that reagent log has logged some errors and configured to recover from the newly created partition4 instead of previously configured partition2 from Dell.
    What can I do about it? How to clean things up and resolve those errors?
    Could I just remove the partition4 on disk0 and revert changes made to Windows Recovery to restore OEM state and create new partiotion4 for data (drive d: ) What command do I need to use for that? Or can I just copy the OEM ReAgent.xml? Would it suffice to revert the changes made by WinRecovery (remember partitions 1-3 are cloned from oem hdd so offsets and everything should fit, not sure about WinreBCD id and the bumped version 1.0 -> 2.0)?
    Also I would like to set up multi boot with some Linux after resolving windows Recovery issues (will need even more partitions) so conversion to GPT/dynamic disk is preferred anyway.
    OEM:
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /info /target O:\Windows /logpath c:\temp\reagent.temp.log Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition2\Recovery\WindowsRE Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: 0c86fbed-dcb5-11e5-b801-9cebe82b2096 Recovery image location: Recovery image index: 0 Custom image location: Custom image index: 0 REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.[/quote] after WinRecovery upgrade:
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>reagentc /info Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE) and system reset configuration Information: Windows RE status: Enabled Windows RE location: \\?\GLOBALROOT\device\harddisk0\partition4\Recovery\WindowsRE Boot Configuration Data (BCD) identifier: a35f7539-129e-11e7-af3f-b5a839488f9e Recovery image location: Recovery image index: 0 Custom image location: Custom image index: 0 REAGENTC.EXE: Operation Successful.[/quote] here is the OEM ReAgent.xml compared to ReAgent after Windows upgrade (7->10, binary identical):

but BEFORE WinRecovery update (ver 1.0 -> 2.0), here is OEM vs updated ReAgent.xml:

On the old hdd the is no ReAgent.log file, in win10 on the ssd there was one created in the process of updating the Win Recovery in C:\Windows\Logs\ReAgent\ReAgent.log:
    ReAgent.log
    It logged some errors, looks like it tried to do something with Y: which is strange, since it was never mounted

:)

2. Ivan00385 Win User

Windows 10 cannot find recovery enviroment

Hi,

I have a surface pro 3 upgraded to windows 10

I wanted to do a reset of the os but i get an error message saying that windows cannot find recovery enviroment. I tried to start reagentc.exe from cdm but I got the following message "REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 5" What does operation failed 5 means,
    and how to fix this. pls help.

Ivan00385, May 2, 2017
  3. Can't create a Windows 10 recovery drive. Some required files are missing.

i have tried your process but at the end of it i'm getting that REAGENTC.EXE: operation failed:70 and an error has occured. this is the screenshot of the command prompt. please help me with this.

Raghu ramM, May 2, 2017
  4. JFB
    jfb Win User

re-attached.
    To sum it up, basically I am stuck with unusable half disk free space now.
    This is the error message trying to convert to dynamic drive:

I want either convert to GPT/dynamic disk or swap RecoveryPartition4 for DATApartition4 and stay with MBR disk. In either case I want to keep current windows 10 installation bootable and preferably resolve Windows Recovery issues and have it functional with at least one (=Dell) or more (=Dell + any Windows created) recovery images mapped.
    What options do I have and how can I do it?

5. SIW2 Win User
    Did you disable it first?
    C:\Windows\System32\Reagentc.exe /disable

SIW2, May 2, 2017
  6. JFB
    jfb Win User
    disable first before what?
    no, I haven't touched it. I just stumbled upon another thread here which has some nice reagent /info output so I checked mine out of curiosity and noticed problems.
    I don't know if windows installer disabled it or not.
    All what can be seen in the log file started automatically. I used "reagent /info" command only.

7. SIW2 Win User
    SIW2, May 3, 2017
  8. JFB
    jfb Win User

Are there any other options?
    What about errors in the log, why it tried to access Y: ? Can I repeat those steps manually with corrected path? Where was it configured to access Y:?

9. JFB
    jfb Win User
    I may end up doing new partitioning from scratch and clean install win10. How to bind that original DELL recovery partition?

Thema:

1. Reagentc.exe WinReSetConfig failed: error 0xb7, error 0x3 - Similar Threads - Reagentc exe WinReSetConfig

2. help me reagentc error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help me reagentc error: When I use the reagentc /enable reagentc /info command. This command can only be executed from an elevated command prompt.REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 5REAGENTC.EXE: An error has occurred. it gives this error...
  3. help me reagentc error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help me reagentc error: When I use the reagentc /enable reagentc /info command. This command can only be executed from an elevated command prompt.REAGENTC.EXE: Operation failed: 5REAGENTC.EXE: An error has occurred. it gives this error...
  4. help me reagentc error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. [SetupPlatform.exe] failed to set WinRE settings, error:0xb7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [SetupPlatform.exe] failed to set WinRE settings, error:0xb7: 2022-08-28 15:44:30, Error CSI 00000001 F STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND #12# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectRegistryProvider::SysQueryValueKeyflags = 0, key = 9a8 '\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup', vn = [l:7 ml:8]'Compact', kvic = 2, kvi = 2, disp =...
  6. [SetupPlatform.exe] failed to set WinRE settings, error:0xb7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [SetupPlatform.exe] failed to set WinRE settings, error:0xb7: 2022-08-28 15:44:30, Error CSI 00000001 F STATUS_OBJECT_NAME_NOT_FOUND #12# from Windows::Rtl::SystemImplementation::DirectRegistryProvider::SysQueryValueKeyflags = 0, key = 9a8 '\REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup', vn = [l:7 ml:8]'Compact', kvic = 2, kvi = 2, disp =...
  7. [SetupPlatform.exe] failed to set WinRE settings, error:0xb7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. gpuview trace log.cmd error code 0xb7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gpuview trace log.cmd error code 0xb7: the Windows ADK tool gpuview trace log.cmd gives me the error code 0xb7it says that it cant override other files.there are no files that it should be overriding.Xperf -on LOADER+PROC_THREAD+CSWITCH+DISPATCHER+POWER+DISK_IO+HARD_FAULTS+PROFILE+MEMINFO+DPC+INTERRUPT -stackwalk...
  9. bsod error 0x3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    bsod error 0x3: can some one help me with this bsod error here is link to the mini dmp file.......https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqHC0E6qQbrMiAtJrN0PlIDTS2Pg?e=vbVxwEthanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-error-0x3/7aa569d5-c8a4-4a8d-8144-4007768c5a08
  10. Reagentc failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Reagentc failed: Shawn or other friend; in using MBR2GPT this am on a fresh install for which I used Win usb media - all of which went well, the conversion went well, but the edit to Reagentc failed. I thought, per the suggestion in the MBR2GPT.exe helps, to disable /enable but it all fails....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WinReSetConfig failed