Windows 10: Real Administrator

Discus and support Real Administrator in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How to become an (Real) Administrator on Windows 10? 43505 Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Sandi1987, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Sandi1987 Win User

Real Administrator

How to become an (Real) Administrator on Windows 10?

:)

Sandi1987, Mar 8, 2016

2. How to correct misspelled name on Windows 10?

For those who don't see the "rename" option, it wouldn't work even if you saw it, if you're logged in as yourself (the folder would be in use). However, I did this for a user whose name was misspelled and now he gets a profile error ("can't sign you in,
    you've been signed in with a temporary profile") each and every time he logs in. There must be a solution other than his living with a misspelled name! Please advise, thank you.

System Administrator (administrator), Mar 8, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Task Manager Is NOT Elevating

Are you logged in with AN administrator account, or THE administrator account (the one with the real name of "administrator"?)

Next I just want to ask, what is shown for CPU usage on the "users" tab of Task Manager?

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Mar 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Real Administrator

philc43, Mar 8, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    You cannot become a (real) Administrator, but you can enable it.
    The (Real) Admin is the built-in administrator which you can enable in this tutorial.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html

Please take notes of the following....................
    1. You must sign in to your own administrator account in order to enable the built-in admin. If you do not have admin rights, you cannot enable the built-in admin account.

2. Please read the following from Note section of the tutorial
    User Accounts in Windows 10:

standard user (Users) - The standard account is an unelevated restricted user account that can be a local account or Microsoft account. It can help protect your computer by preventing users from making changes to the system that affects everyone who uses the computer. When you are signed in to Windows with a standard account, you can do almost anything that you can do with an administrator account, but if a standard user tries to do something that requires elevated rights (ex: run as administrator), Windows will display a UAC prompt for the standard user to enter the password of an administrator account for approval and confirmation before allowing the action.

administrator user - Is an unelevated administrator account that is created by default during the installation of Windows, or is already setup for you on an OEM (ex: Dell) computer. This account can be a local account or Microsoft account. An administrator account has complete access to the computer, and can make any desired changes. If an administrator user tries to do something that requires elevated rights (ex: run as administrator), Windows will display a UAC prompt for the administrator user to approve before allowing the action.

Built-in "Administrator" - The hidden built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC. By default, this "Administrator" account will not be prompted by UAC. Anything that runs while signed in to this "Administrator" account will also have full unrestricted access to the PC, so it is not recommended to use the built-in "Administrator" account for everyday usage. It's recommended to only use the built-in "Administrator" account as needed instead.

davidhk, Mar 8, 2016
  6. LMiller7 Win User
    Note that using the built in Administrator account is not recommended for general use. You will find that many things do not work with this account. Best to create an admin level account for general use and elevate it with UAC when needed.

LMiller7, Mar 8, 2016
  7. philc43 Win User
    David: please note that option 4 in the tutorial about enabling the built in admin account is especially for the situation where you do not have admin rights. You can do it - it is just a bit more complicated.

philc43, Mar 8, 2016
  8. davidhk Win User

Real Administrator

Unless a bootable Windows 10 DVD or USB had already been created by someone with admin rights, the option 4 won't work.
    Users without admin rights cannot download or install programs.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Real Administrator

1. Real Administrator - Similar Threads - Real Administrator

2. Is This Malware Notification Real Or Fake? I can’t tell.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This Malware Notification Real Or Fake? I can’t tell.: So I was browsing the internet, looking for Minecraft for the Xbox 360. I downloaded an image file from a random website, then immediately after, McAfee or something else kept saying I had a virus. I freaked out and went straight to Windows Secirty so it can delete the virus,...
  3. Is This Malware Notification Real Or Fake? I can’t tell.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is This Malware Notification Real Or Fake? I can’t tell.: So I was browsing the internet, looking for Minecraft for the Xbox 360. I downloaded an image file from a random website, then immediately after, McAfee or something else kept saying I had a virus. I freaked out and went straight to Windows Secirty so it can delete the virus,...
  4. LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LATENCY PROBLEMS-REAL TIME AUDIO HANDLING: I just bought a new MSI KATANA 17,3 laptop, 64 bit system, x64 based i7 13620H cpu 2.4 ghz, 16 gb ram, 1 tb hd running win 11.NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 4060 8GB. Despite being powerful enough It can't process real time audio. I have tried every optimization possible. I use VIRTUAL...
  5. My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...: I'm on windows 10 running the latest software and drivers. I don't have perms to delete it on regedit either, I've tried to add my administrator account to the permission list and didn't work. This is my personal computer and I'm the sole user. I have my personal account and...
  6. My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...: I'm on windows 10 running the latest software and drivers. I don't have perms to delete it on regedit either, I've tried to add my administrator account to the permission list and didn't work. This is my personal computer and I'm the sole user. I have my personal account and...
  7. My inbuilt windows 10 administrator account is unable to turn off real-time protection, how...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Can't Turn On Real-Time Protection, has a "This setting is managed by your administrator"...

Can't Turn On Real-Time Protection, has a "This setting is managed by your administrator"...: I can't turn on my real-time protection and it is saying "This setting is managed by your administrator". I reformatted my pc once because of this and now this has been my problem again....
  9. Print Management missing from Windows 10 Administrative Tools (Real Problem here is I cant...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Print Management missing from Windows 10 Administrative Tools (Real Problem here is I cant...: Windows 10 Here- I Every time my computer is turned-on after a shutdown I have to spend hours trying to get my printer functioning once again. I have to driver removal tool and my driver installation tool from the Brother Website for the correct printer. IF, I am...
  10. windows 10 real time protecting controlled by administrator

windows 10 real time protecting controlled by administrator: as the subject states my windows defender is controlled by an administrator (this does have to do with group polices!!!) i need help i have windows 10 pro...