Windows 10: Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

Discus and support Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Just wanting some help as I upgraded to windows 10 today. I've copied a shortcut for Realtemp 3.7 and tried placing in both startup folders aswell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by boeingaviation, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

Just wanting some help as I upgraded to windows 10 today.

I've copied a shortcut for Realtemp 3.7 and tried placing in both startup folders aswell as only putting it in one of them.

I want Realtemp to load as soon as I get to the desktop so I can monitor CPU temps.

Can someone please assist me with how to do this as I'm still very early on in learning my way around 10.

:)

boeingaviation, Jan 20, 2017
  2. jhkokst Win User

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (igdkmd64.sys) with any cpu stress, bsod/black screen

So I installed 1709 as directed above. Once again - with basic stress testing (22% into the heat up phase of real temp running prime 95, about 20 seconds of CPU stress, temps in the 40s/low 50s) - black screen followed by VIDEO_TDR blue screen, 2nd crash
    upon reboot prior to desktop loading - requires power down. The only apps I downloaded were realtemp and prime 95. All drivers are auto downloads by windows.

...an install doesn't get much cleaner than this.

jhkokst, Jan 20, 2017
  3. RageGT Win User
    Windows 10 Startup programs not launching

I found this related to some other program not running at Start Up as it should, even when it was marked to in its own program preferences. I tried it for the Program I was having trouble and it worked like a charm.

My issue is related to Real Temp. Small piece of software to monitor, like name says, temperatures on CPU's and GPU.

First, one note related. With Elevated CMD and login with the built in Administrator account, Real Temp was starting ok. It shows on Task Manager as it should. Login with my personal account which also has administrator status, the program would NOT start
    at logon no matter what. Checked with CCleaner, Revo, ZZ Startup Manager, Built in Win10 tools. Copied the desktop shortcut to the proper Startup folder and nothing. It would show on Task Manager, doubled even since I had manually added the shortcut to the
    folder and "not measured" because "never started". This solved it 100%:

1. Hold the windows key+R and bring up the run dialog box and type in "regedit" and hit enter

2. Navigate to this registry key location:
    "hkey_local_machine\software\wow6432node\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run"

3. Right click on the right side of the panel and go to New->String value and that will create a new string value that you can rename to the name of the program you want to run ("Real Temp" in my case)

4. Double click your new string value and under where it says "value data" type/paste in the dialog box the path to the program (copying it from the desktop shortcut is the easiest) . In my case, my Real
    Temp is in: "C:\Real Temp\RealTemp.exe"

5. That's it! You're done. And now you can restart your PC to check and see that the desired program now starts up automatically with Windows 10!

PS: I found this tips in another forum about the same issue for another program. I copied them, pasted here and substituted the original info with the pertaining info to the program I was having trouble to run. It worked and I'm very happy for it.

This is where I found it.

[FIXED] Windows 10 Automatic Startup Issue

RageGT, Jan 20, 2017
  4. Railtech Win User
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello boeingnaviation, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Since Real Temp requires to be elevated before running, you'll need to create an elevated shortcut using the method in the tutorial below, then place the elevated shortcut in your Startup folder.

Elevated Shortcut without UAC - Create in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 20, 2017
  6. Thanks very much for the link. I will go through this and set up Realtemp this way.

Just one thing though, how will I know if something needs to be setup this way if it needs an elevated start.

boeingaviation, Jan 21, 2017
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    You're most welcome. I hope it'll help.

If the program gives you a UAC prompt when you run it, you'll need to use this method to run it at startup.

Brink, Jan 21, 2017
  8. Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

Ok thanks very much so basically most of my programs lol but only need 2 of them to run at startup.

9. Just curious as to why it was setup this way in 10 as previously you just had to place the shortcut in the startup folder.

Also is there a way to automatically create the shortcut like a batch file.

10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    By default, Windows will not allow anything elevated at startup for security reasons. This is a workaround.

I haven't played with trying to do this with a .bat file, but you should be able to do so to create the elevated task and shortcut.

Schtasks.exe (Windows)

Brink, Jan 21, 2017
  11. Ok so I've had a play but still can't get Realtemp to start automatically when I run windows.

Here's some screenshots of of what I have setup:

Here it is in the Task Scheduler showing "Realtemp" in there.

1.jpg - Google Drive

Here you can see I've used the same name "Realtemp", and set to run with the highest privilages and run on Windows 10
    2.jpg - Google Drive

And here is what I have entered under the "Actions Tab".
    3.jpg - Google Drive

Note: I've selected Action = Start a Program, Program Script is called "Realtemp", then under Add Arguments (Optional I have put this) /c start "Realtemp" "C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\PC Utilities\RealTemp_370

I then went through the process of creating a shortcut. Do I need to place this in both Startup Folders, the one under Users and the One under windows.

I wan't it to automatically open and run as soon as Windows Logs on.

Am I missing something.

Thanks,

boeingaviation, Jan 23, 2017
  12. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 23, 2017
  13. Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

Hey Brink,

Thanks for your reply that's the tutorial I was using but I'm a bit confused.

Instead of naming it "Elevated command" I called it "Realtemp" coz that's the program I want to automatically load at startup and run.

Under the Actions Field I said start a program from drop down box, type "Realtemp" for program/script and the under the "Arguments Field" which is optional I put in the script as outlined in my previous reply including the file location of where I have Realtemp stired.

Went through and created the shortcut as well but I must be missing something coz windows loads up but I have to manually click on Realtemp on desktop to open it.

Also when I clicked on the shortcut I created afree making the scheduled task it just clicks open and closes on the screen sort of like it attempts to run but doesn't. Is this because it's shortcut to a scheduled task.

Really confused. All I did in Windows 7 was create a shortcut for Realtemp and place in Windows 7 startup folder and it worked perfectly.

boeingaviation, Jan 24, 2017
  14. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It looks like you didn't do step 7 correctly to have cmd.exe in the Program/script field.

Brink, Jan 24, 2017
  15. Thanks Brink I think I miss understood that and put the name of the application eg. Realtemp.

So under program/script I put "cmd.exe" & then in the arguments field do I need to put cmd.exe and then put the location of Realtemp as cmd.exe will launch Realtemp based on the location I put in is that correct?

I think I'm understanding this now and with the shortcut that I have to create do I need to place this in the Startup folder?

Many Thanks

boeingaviation, Jan 24, 2017
Thema:

Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup.

1. Real Temp 3.70 auto run at startup. - Similar Threads - Real Temp auto

2. is auto run safe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is auto run safe: HiIs this safe to use also what is it telling meThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-auto-run-safe/8e19cc0f-1b79-4588-a483-6b5a6df36eba
  3. is auto run safe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is auto run safe: HiIs this safe to use also what is it telling meThank youTIMMY 2 TOES https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-auto-run-safe/8e19cc0f-1b79-4588-a483-6b5a6df36eba
  4. is auto run safe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?: When I was deleting the %temp% and prefetch folder contents, I noticed that Windows NEVER deletes temporary folders. I would like an auto %temp% and prefetch folder content deleter in the next update....
  6. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?: When I was deleting the %temp% and prefetch folder contents, I noticed that Windows NEVER deletes temporary folders. I would like an auto %temp% and prefetch folder content deleter in the next update....
  7. Auto delete %temp% and prefetch folder contents?

8. %temp% not opening in run

in Windows 10 Gaming
    %temp% not opening in run: i already tried sfc /scannow it did not fix, it keeps asking me what app to open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-not-opening-in-run/3f293b8e-fcb2-4e3d-8411-7ba0358df10a
  9. %temp% not opening in run

%temp% not opening in run: i already tried sfc /scannow it did not fix, it keeps asking me what app to open with https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/temp-not-opening-in-run/3f293b8e-fcb2-4e3d-8411-7ba0358df10a
  10. What Is auto run.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What Is auto run.: I have no Idea what Auto Run Is, and would like to know more about It. Is It safe to share? What do the colors mean? and Can It harm my computer In anyway? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-auto-run/9fc3404b-8d6e-4013-9a4b-a90b8445fb6e

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtemp load on start

2. realtemp run at stratup win 10

3. realtemp to run at startup win 10

4. how to make realtemp run at stratup win 10,
  5. how to make real temp start with windows,
  6. real temp startup,
  7. where is RealTemp open,
  8. how to have realtemp run at startup