Windows 10: Real Time Monitoring - Is it active or not?

Discus and support Real Time Monitoring - Is it active or not? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I received a message that WIndows Defender has prevented me from installing something on my computer (it was a plug-in for Audacity). When I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by screwygirl, May 13, 2017.

1. Real Time Monitoring - Is it active or not?

Hello. I received a message that WIndows Defender has prevented me from installing something on my computer (it was a plug-in for Audacity). When I tried to open up Windows Defender, I received a message telling me it was not active. When I check to see if real time monitoring is active, the switch is grayed out, but it is on.

I am confused. Is real time monitoring a part of Windows Defender? If not, why am I not allowed to switch it off? If it is, why is real time monitoring on if Windows Defender is not?

I am the only user on my laptop, and I am an administrator. It is my personal laptop.I know it isn't AVG because I have it disabled.

Real Time Monitoring - Is it active or not? [​IMG]

I should also add that I have tried to disable real time monitoring from the powershell as an admin. This is what I get:

:)

screwygirl, May 13, 2017
  2. jppp---01 Win User

6300 Active Standby is NOT real time???

Hey all

First post here so howdy and hope all are well. I have just bought myself a shiny new 6300 but am incredibly frustrated as the Active Standby feature doesn't seem to be real time at all. I can't for the life of me figure out how to get it to update the top
    two messages for my SMS inbox. Nothing shows up when I receive a text - it's incredibly irritating.

I have spent 40 mins holding for Nokia care and it's driving me nuts.

Does anybody know if the 6300 version of Active Standby is real time or not? I don't see the poitn of it if it's not...

Thanks for any help

J

jppp---01, May 13, 2017
  3. jppp---01 Win User
    6300 Active Standby is NOT real time???

Hey there

I have checked the software and it's the latest version. My inbox is just not in real time and I can't seem to make it so! Every time I get a message it just shows the normal message screen where i can't see who it's from until I open it. And yet I thought
    the active standby showed the top 2 new messages and updated itself in real time?

Also, does anyone know what the "general indicators" are? It just seems to be a blank blob.

I am amazed that that isn't a manual to describe the features and what they do...

Any help would be brilliant!

Thanks again

J

jppp---01, May 13, 2017
  4. eLPuSHeR Win User

Real Time Monitoring - Is it active or not?

That first message seems dubious at best. You may be infected. Waiting for forum experts to chime in.

eLPuSHeR, May 13, 2017
Thema:

Real Time Monitoring - Is it active or not?

1. Real Time Monitoring - Is it active or not? - Similar Threads - Real Monitoring active

2. real-time deactivated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    real-time deactivated: my real-time is deactivated. when i try to activate it it does not work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/real-time-deactivated/2a8b002b-a790-4491-a251-016c72219eba
  3. real-time protection

real-time protection: Hello there, Disabling real time protection is only temporary as we know and is referred to as snoozed state in the events log , is there a way to increase the time of the snooze through registry, group policy or something else ? ps : i know its not recommended to disable it...
  4. cant active my real time protection

cant active my real time protection: sir cant on my real-time protection sir please solve my problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-active-my-real-time-protection/d042e3f5-e36d-45c7-96e0-a15b032e5a48
  5. Real Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Real Time Protection: How do I turn it off? it is making it so I cant play one of my games(terraria) as it is blocking the mod I use called TmodLoader, I have exempted terraria.exe from the windows defender and it still wont work I tried using a command in powershell run on administrator yet...
  6. Real Time Protection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Real Time Protection: Windows, why does your programs/developers continue to turn on real time protection every time I turn it off? My computer already has real time protection and cannot handle two (2) applications running real time protection simultaneously. Never fails every day I go in and...
  7. Real time protection

Real time protection: real time protection is disabled although it is on in setting when I put it of and turn it on again, it says it is blocked by group policy. please help[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. Windows Defender's real time protecion doesn't activate

Windows Defender's real time protecion doesn't activate: Some time ago, I have installed Malwarebytes, but when I knew WD won't be activated unless you have no other antivirus software, I uninstalled it. But now WD's real time protection can not be activated. Why is happening that? Also, I cannot update through Windows Update....
  9. Real-time protection not active

Real-time protection not active: Under Virus & threat protection settings, Windows Defender, the slider for real-time protection is grayed out. In red is the message: This setting is managed by your administrator. This is personal home PC. How to do I fix it?...
  10. real time protection

real time protection: could not run the real time protection, why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_start-windows_10/real-time-protection/bedcb5fd-b40b-4557-92a3-5b9d423d260e