Windows 10: Really Annoying and Potentially Very Serious Audio Issue

Discus and support Really Annoying and Potentially Very Serious Audio Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not really sure when this started happening.. Recently, I think. But I have the curse of an absent mind. Memory and many other psychological things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ZomBrony, Oct 1, 2015.

1. ZomBrony Win User

Really Annoying and Potentially Very Serious Audio Issue

I'm not really sure when this started happening.. Recently, I think. But I have the curse of an absent mind. Memory and many other psychological things come to me with considerable difficulty. But anyways.. I'm getting off-topic already. My audio driver shows up as "High Definition Audio Device," which while strange, is not something unfamiliar to me. This has always been my audio driver. The issue is rather this device not working than what it is. I fixed the probelm before by uninstalling the driver and restarting my computer but there was an update after that and it stopped working again. So as you can see, having to uninstall my audio driver and restart my computer with every update could be rather annoying. Is there anything I can do about this?

And to elaborate on what I mean by "not working," it's an issue that I've come to learn is actually fairly common. The playback devices window will still show that the drive is playing sound, but no sound will be projected. And yes, I am 100% that my speakers are all properly wired and plugged in. My speakers are not the issue. I believe the driver is, but I have no idea what "the issue" actually is.

:)

ZomBrony, Oct 1, 2015
  2. jrsc109 Win User

Audio 'help' very annoying

How do I switch off the audio that accompanies me navigating my phone (N95 8GB).

Whenever I access a menu option, a voice tells me what it is etc etc

This is driving me, and my colleagues, nuts.

Please help.

jrsc109, Oct 1, 2015
  3. Audio 'help' very annoying

go to utilities and try voice aid andvoice commands

techbuzzireland, Oct 1, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

Open device manager (Win+X->Device Manager) then click on sound to expand it. Right click on the item under it -> Disable then re-enable again to see if it helps.

topgundcp, Oct 1, 2015
  5. ZomBrony Win User
    I will try that next time the problem arises. Thank you for your patience.

ZomBrony, Oct 1, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, basic checks: rt click on the loudspeaker icon on your taskbar (hopefully the icon is visible). Click playback devices, make sure the default is correct. Play sthg and make sure the level indicator (vertical bars) move appropriately.

dalchina, Oct 1, 2015
  7. ZomBrony Win User
    They do, but I just tried topgund's suggestion of disabling and reenabling and it didn't work. I guess I'll just keep restarting my computer. :/

ZomBrony, Oct 1, 2015
  8. ZomBrony Win User

Oh, and by the way: I have also tried installing the latest Realtek High Defintion Audio driver from realtek.com and the setup freezes at ~90% (Screenshot) I don't know if I'm just not waiting long enough or what, but I don't have the most patience around.

P.S: I even checked my manufacturer's website for audio drivers (ami.com) and I couldn't find any.

ZomBrony, Oct 1, 2015
  9. dalchina New Member
    Hi, assuming you didn't have problems with sound on your previous version of Windows, can you try using an older version of the driver?

dalchina, Oct 1, 2015
  10. ZomBrony Win User
    Aha! That didn't happen before. I waited longer this time and it actually said the audio drive failed to install. Error code: 0x000005B4

ZomBrony, Oct 1, 2015
  11. ZomBrony Win User
    Hey, that's a good idea. I'll try it.

ZomBrony, Oct 1, 2015
  12. ZomBrony Win User
    Or not. :/ It skips from Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 to Windows 2000/Windows XP. The only version before Windows 10 is the same version name as the one that failed to install. (R2.79)

ZomBrony, Oct 1, 2015
  13. ZomBrony Win User

*Sighs* And even when I try to download that version anyway, I get javascript:void(0);.

ZomBrony, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Really Annoying and Potentially Very Serious Audio Issue - Similar Threads - Really Annoying Potentially

2. Really annoying audio jack issues, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Really annoying audio jack issues, how to fix?: I've been having issues with my audio jacks for a long time. My USB headphones finally gave out the drowning sounds after a long time and I bought a new pair, this time with the standard 2 3.5mm cords. The mic works fine, but the output won't work. This might be related to...
  3. Really annoying audio jack issues, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Really annoying audio jack issues, how to fix?: I've been having issues with my audio jacks for a long time. My USB headphones finally gave out the drowning sounds after a long time and I bought a new pair, this time with the standard 2 3.5mm cords. The mic works fine, but the output won't work. This might be related to...
  4. Really annoying audio jack issues, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. roaming profile very serious issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roaming profile very serious issue: hello i have a serious issue with roaming profile for alot of users each time they reboot they lost customization of task bar etc... outlook setting etc...plus all file in the recent list are gone in excel and word etc... they have file listed in december but nothing more...
  6. roaming profile very serious issue

roaming profile very serious issue: hello i have a serious issue with roaming profile for alot of users each time they reboot they lost customization of task bar etc... outlook setting etc...plus all file in the recent list are gone in excel and word etc... they have file listed in december but nothing more...
  7. roaming profile very serious issue

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. really annoying bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    really annoying bug: [ATTACH] So I've been using Win10 for about a year now and lately there's been this really annoying bug where on google pages, anywhere I click results in the little insertion line showing up. I can't find any information on this, and I wanna know if there's a fix for it....
  9. Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio: I'm having an issue where my sound is distorted. For example, if I click the volume slider so that "bling" noise plays, it sounds all distorted. Also, I am stuck using my front headphone jack because if I use the back one, it sounds fine, but there is a constant hissing...
  10. A very serious question

A very serious question: ok I have a real problem I use both Microsoft and android I downloaded an app called N-Track 9 on my android but its not available on Microsoft but Microsoft do have the N-Track guitar tuner which I find crazy. ow can you have a plugin for the app but not the app itself?...