Windows 10: Really bad sound quality, audio problems.

Discus and support Really bad sound quality, audio problems. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I really don't know what forum can answer my question so Imma ask on Windows' forums. For like a month or 2 now, my audio has been crappy. The sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elrickleduc, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Really bad sound quality, audio problems.

I really don't know what forum can answer my question so Imma ask on Windows' forums. For like a month or 2 now, my audio has been crappy. The sound works perfectly when I test it on Windows, but when, for exemple, I try to watch a twitch stream, the sound is terrible. I can hear some things but everything sound like trash. I've searched many times for answers, did a lot of things, updated my drivers etc, nothing worked. Can somebody please help me? I'm really lost.

:)

elrickleduc, Aug 22, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 22, 2018
  3. dirtbikr Win User
    Bad audio-quality over A2DP

Wanted to bump this again...

I'm running the mango beta right now and the A2DP audio quality is just lacking still. It sounds tinny, compressed, and just all around bad. I was curious if this would be fixed before the mango final ships or not, as I really want to use my wireless headphones
    again...

My setup:

• HTC Arrive running mango beta 2
    • Motorola S9-HD headphones
    • All songs are 320kbps CBR MP3 or VBR V0 rips
    • All songs sound excellent over wired headphones on the arrive, and they sound great on my iPod Touch over these wireless headphones.
    I had a HTC Touch Pro II before this, and the workaround for the audio was to increase the bitpool and bitrate settings in the registry. The audio quality I have right now on my Arrive is reminiscent of my Touch Pro before I increased those settings, and frankly
    it's a terrible representation of what these headphones are capable of...

I have also tested these headphones on a family member's Arrive running NoDo and a friend running mango beta 2 on the HTC HD7 and they all sound the same. My source files are fine, I'm a happy camper when I have wired headphones in, but I want to get away from
    that... The sooner I can drop my iPod, the happier I will be...

dirtbikr, Aug 22, 2018
  4. timo.h Win User

Really bad sound quality, audio problems.

Bad audio-quality over A2DP

Hey guys.

Facts first:

Device: HTC 7 Mozart

carrier: T-Mobile Germany

My Problem:

I experienced a very bad audio-quality connecting my phone to A2DP-capable devices.

I tested my A2DP-car-radio and a portable A2DP-receiver and using both the audio-quality is very bad (crackles).

I tried different volume-levels on the phone but that did not help.

I also connected different phones to my A2DP-Hardware but the quality with them is GREAT (Motorola Milestone or Nokia N82).

Using cable-headphones with my HTC 7 Mozart the sound is great also, so there has to be an issue with the A2DP-setting in WP7.

I really hope that someone can help me Really bad sound quality, audio problems. :)

Thank in advance Really bad sound quality, audio problems. :)

Kind regards

timo.h, Aug 22, 2018
Thema:

Really bad sound quality, audio problems.

1. Really bad sound quality, audio problems. - Similar Threads - Really bad sound

2. Background sound quality is really bad in earbuds when voicechat

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Background sound quality is really bad in earbuds when voicechat: Hello. I'm on my HP Spectre and running Windows 10 with my JBL earbuds. Whenever I'm in a voice chat, whether it's Zoom or Discord, all other sounds on my computer sound really bad. They sound like back in the day when a pair of headphone's cable was broken. This is obviously...
  3. Headphone output is really bad quality

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Headphone output is really bad quality: Hi, I have a problem where there is some serious echo when trying to use my headphones. I have a set of Logitech Z207 Bluetooth speakers, which work fine normally, but when I plug my headphones in, everything sounds odd, as if I were in a cave or a big empty room. Is this a...
  4. Game Bar game capture mic sounds really bad quality.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game Bar game capture mic sounds really bad quality.: I don't have the best mic in the world its like a £60 Fifine USB mic but it sounds very nice and crisp over discord and on stream but in xbox companion party chat and the game bar captures it sounds like a really really bad £2 mic from Wish. How can I get my mic sounding as...
  5. Very bad sound quality, unusable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Very bad sound quality, unusable.: Whenever I have anything plugged in The sound's going not from the speaker the sound quality is so low, i cant play games, talk with my friends, or do anything else. This seemed to happen for no reason. I tested it with multiple headsets, changed multiple settings, and the...
  6. Bad Quality sound on HDMI

Bad Quality sound on HDMI: I am getting very bad quality on my HDMI output of my laptop. Whenever i watch episodes only music is clearly hearable more than the voice of characters. I am having yhe latest sound driver. I even tried all the enhancements but it only make the sound worst....
  7. Audio quality kinda bad?

Audio quality kinda bad?: After I removed all of my bluetooth audios, my old headphones and my recent speaker, I noticed how my audio quality with my headphones got kinda less bass and i can barely hear it. Is there something wrong with it? I need help please....
  8. Bluetooth Audio Bad Quality

Bluetooth Audio Bad Quality: Hello I am trying to connect my Bluetooth headset to my laptop using a BT dongle. when I plug the dongle and turn on the headset, it automatically pairs with windows but has a poor quality. I can see two different items in device manager named "headset, hands-free" and...
  9. bad quality audio in videos

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad quality audio in videos: I use a mic built in the headphones. The issue appeared when I recorded a video on Minecraft, at first I didn’t hear anything. I fixed it but faced another problem. I was able to hear the audio for my microphone clearly, but the game audio is choppy. Moreover I can hear my...
  10. With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    With headphones my audio sounds echo and really bad: my laptop is the Lenovo 520, with headphones my audio is horrible, its sounds echoy and it disregards the bass in music or the bg music in videos... its fine with out headphones, and I've tried multiple headphones but it sounds rubbish still? I've reset multiple times,...