Windows 10: Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts

Discus and support Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ever since I did a fresh install of the Anniversary Update (after WU's attempt to install it ended fantastically awfulbad), I've had issues with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by GuyInDogSuit, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts

Ever since I did a fresh install of the Anniversary Update (after WU's attempt to install it ended fantastically awfulbad), I've had issues with keeping accounts logged in, in both browsers and in apps. With Chrome, I am finding that I am constantly being logged out of sites I often visit. With a couple apps that require a login to use (Netflix, etc), I keep getting logged out. I got logged out of Netflix FOUR times yesterday. Four times. What is Windows' damage?

:)

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 26, 2016

2. Could Windows Hello disable face recognition temporarily when I lock the screen manually?

I see the exact same behavior and would love to be able to temporarily disable it as well. It's really odd. If I lock the screen, it should just lock. This instantaneous rescanning is silly behavior.

Grant Fritchey, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Outlook email not syncing error code: 0x85002012

Thanks for the info, I'm running Trend Micro as well. I'll log in again thru the web browser to see if there is anything from Trend. Odd thing is that I've noticed a couple of times now (this entire odd behavior seemed to start last week) that I sit
    back down at my pc and I suddenly have emails from today. But then I'll leave and come back later and nothing else new, but I have new items in the browser. I have the auto-sync of email for my .live account every 15 minutes so it's not the interval. If
    I click on my other registered account (gmail) then come back to live account no new email. Try to sync and bam! error message.

Bill Blakey, Sep 26, 2016
  4. Mystere Win User

Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts

Windows has no control over chrome's browser.

Different sites handle logins in different ways, and typically this is handled on the server side. I don't see any way that the OS could be responsible for this.

Mystere, Sep 26, 2016
  5. It's not just Chrome. It's affecting my apps, too. And yes, Windows DOES have some control over Chrome's logins. You have to enter your Windows password to access saved site passwords.

GuyInDogSuit, Sep 27, 2016
  6. I got logged out of the Big Fish Games launcher three times in a single day. WTF?

GuyInDogSuit, Oct 12, 2016
  7. Chrome uses your google username and password not Windows. Your bookmarks or favorites are save with your google account. Your WIndows setting are saved with you Windows account. Apps run independent of Windows but run inside windows.

Are you trying to launch the applications from inside the password storage app?

orlbuckeye, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts

1. Really odd behavior when it comes to accounts - Similar Threads - Really odd behavior

2. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  3. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Odd Windows 10 behaviors: Hello, Recently about 1 to 2 weeks my windows 10 has been acting weird : At start up, taskbar apps take a while to appear about 2-3 minutes, once appeared, apps that should start at startup begin to launchService Host : DCOM Server Process Launcher uses between 20-30% CPU and...
  4. Odd Windows 10 behaviors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Odd behavior of shortcut on start menu: As of a few days ago one, and only one, of the icons pinned on my start menu stopped responding to mouse clicks, right or left. It sits there not responding. In addition when I scroll my start menu up or down that particular icon stays in the same physical location on the...
  6. Really odd BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Really odd BSODs: Hi! Here's the problem. I turn on my machine and leave it for let's say 30 minutes and it will crash. A BSOD crash. To prevent that from happening is very easy. I just reboot the PC. After that it will work just fine. So I have been accustomed to turn it on, log in, wait...
  7. Odd login behavior

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Odd login behavior: I'm working on a customer's computer and encountered something I've never seen before. Recently she upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. When she goes to type her login password the login executes when she hits the last keystroke of the password. She doesn't have to...
  8. Odd hard drive behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd hard drive behavior: Two days ago I defraged my primary hard drive before I went to bed. When I woke up the next day my laptop was on a black screen so I held the power button until it shut down. When I tried to boot it up I got a message saying no hard drive was found. After a while of searching...
  9. Odd internet behavior

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Odd internet behavior: We recently had an upgrade to our DSL service from 3mbs to 25mbs which required the modem to be exchanged for a new one. Before the upgrade the internet was working as soon as the PC booted to the desktop. But now, once booted to desktop, it takes another 30 seconds before...
  10. Odd hard drive behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Odd hard drive behavior: I have one month old 1tb hybrid hard drive and yesterday I was experiencing issues with it. It started to run slower than usual. Games wouldn't load as quickly and when I first booted into windows the desktop icons appeared as blank pieces of paper. Then when I opened...