Windows 10: Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga)

Discus and support Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all I'll try to be brief. My Son has a Lenovo Yoga 500 with a Synaptics Touchpad. I have an Administrator account on the machine, he has a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by stonelaughter, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga)

Hi all

I'll try to be brief. My Son has a Lenovo Yoga 500 with a Synaptics Touchpad. I have an Administrator account on the machine, he has a standard user. Windows 10 Home.

The particular model of touchpad we have can be pushed down on **anywhere** to affect a "Left-Click"... except the bottom right hand corner which is taken as a "Right Click".

For me, logged into my account, this works fine.

For him, it doesn't work AT ALL. There ees-a no clicks. So - we have to go into the "Mouse" control panel, and select the Synaptics tab, and enable "tap-to-click". There is no setting anywhere that I can find to enable or disable the buttons. If I right-click (using a mouse) on the Touchpad System Tray icon, I get to choose to enable or disable "tapping"... it's currently ticked. If I try to untick it, it tells me off because I have to have either tapping or buttons enabled.

HOW do I enable the buttons please? And why is it OK on my account? BTW - I made him an administrator and it's had zero effect on the problem.

:)

stonelaughter, Feb 19, 2018

2. Two-finger scrolling and right not working with Windows 10

Had the same problem on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, that's what helped. Removed Synaptics drivers and software, restarted computer, downloaded

older vesion
    of Synaptics drivers (last version did not install due to some error), then went to touchpad settings and pressed "Update drivers" button. Windows downloaded and installed last drivers automatically and now scrolling works as it should.

Giedrius.C, Feb 19, 2018
  3. sophiexie Win User
    TouchPad on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro not working after Windows 10 update

My touchpad on Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro isn't working either. The two-finger scroll worked at odd times and most often the pointer just freezes. I've realized it's because my synaptic drive is still on version 8, but I couldn't find a download/upgrade that fit
    my laptop. This is really annoying...I wonder when someone can fix this issue....

sophiexie, Feb 19, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga)

I have Lenovo with Synaptics driver (the drivers for Yoga actually although I have X201) and have all these running if I look in Task Manager:

Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga) [​IMG]

You should check here also:

I'd suggest to re-install the driver under his account and make sure the start-up item is there and afterwards the 5 or so processes are running.

I'd mention though that it should not be a matter of being administrator account - it works for my wife and she is not. It is worth a try though.

If not post the driver version you are using and we will see. I'm using this one (from Lenovo site)

5. EdTittel Win User
    EdTittel, Feb 19, 2018
  6. lx07 Win User
    I just installed 19.3.4.202 from here Synaptics ThinkPad UltraNav Driver for Windows 10 (64-bit)

Despite it being for completely the wrong model it works well (the old one froze a lot) and is dated Feb 2018.

I've been struggling with drivers for my old Lenovo but it seems you can install pretty much anything.

7. EdTittel Win User
    Yes, lx07, I had a similar experience recently with my Dell Venue Pro 11 7130. I installed the modded drivers to get gesture support and they worked just fine, despite being for a completely different touchpad model number. Go figure!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga)

1. Really odd problem with synaptics touchpad buttons (W10 Home, Yoga) - Similar Threads - Really odd problem

2. Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Synaptics touchpad sleep problem.: A bug I seem to be having with 2004 is after sleep I cannot use the touchpad to wake the laptop. I have a mouse connected but even if I disconnect this it still doesnt work. Ive rolled back the driver to the previous (working) one, clean installed the driver & disconnected...
  3. synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3

synaptics touchpad not working on lenovo yoga 3: I have this problem with my lenovo's yoga 3 pro touchpad that stops working, if i go to device manager there's a I2C HID device with a yellow warning sign, it says device cannot start code 10, when i try to disable device, end then reenable it sometimes it comes back to work...
  4. Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad

Uninstalled Synaptics Touchpad: Hi! I accidentally uninstalled my synaptics touchpad and now my touchpad is delayed with the pointer ( if you know what is mean ). I can't seem to find the right solution to get it back. I tried searching the device manager but wouldn't work. Can anybody help me?...
  5. Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!

Synaptics TouchPad Driver Problem!: So i updated my laptop to windows 10 (clean install) and after that update i started downloading drivers and everything went well and good until i tried to install my touchpad drivers because they for some reason are non existant even in device manager. In device manager...
  6. Really odd BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Really odd BSODs: Hi! Here's the problem. I turn on my machine and leave it for let's say 30 minutes and it will crash. A BSOD crash. To prevent that from happening is very easy. I just reboot the PC. After that it will work just fine. So I have been accustomed to turn it on, log in, wait...
  7. Yoga 710-14IKB synaptics Elan Touchpad gestures not working

Yoga 710-14IKB synaptics Elan Touchpad gestures not working: I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling from Lenovo's website - no luck. I can't find anything that helps on Microsoft website. Please help!...
  8. Synaptics TouchPad Problem

Synaptics TouchPad Problem: I know this is a known issue with Synaptic Touch Pads on Windows 10, and I am having the same problem as well, gestures not working. I have tried a lot of steps that fixed other devices, but didn't helped me one bit. I have an old Acer Aspire 2930 laptop. The software driver...
  9. Synaptics touchpad

Synaptics touchpad: I would like to mention that upgrading to Windows 10 on 2 HP laptops. On the one that is older which had the synaptics driver 15.3.29.0 the tapping worked fine, on the newer unit the driver was current with version 19. something. With attempting to adjust the synaptics using...
  10. Synaptics PS2 Touchpad - EdgeMotion Problems

Synaptics PS2 Touchpad - EdgeMotion Problems: Hello all! So - short and sweet. I have a Sager NP7358 laptop running Windows 10. Synaptics has a feature for touchpads called EdgeMotion. It keeps the cursor scrolling when your finger reaches the edge of the touchpad. It's annoying. I have the latest Synaptics drivers...