Windows 10: Realtek 5.1 sound problem

Discus and support Realtek 5.1 sound problem in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello to all. First of all, my apologies for my poor English. I will do my best for minimum mistakes. Two days ago i have made the update from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YannisX, Aug 8, 2018.

1. YannisX Win User

Realtek 5.1 sound problem

Hello to all.

First of all, my apologies for my poor English.

I will do my best for minimum mistakes.

Two days ago i have made the update from 1709 version to 1803.

Many problems with device compatibility, but i manage to fix them, except one.

I don't have 5.1 sound on my Logitech Z906 speakers.

I have try it all.

Install the latest drivers for windows and for realtek, but still no 5.1 sound.

From realtek control panel the option to choose digital sound is not exists (the photo is on the following link)

http://prntscr.com/kgdxr5

It gives me only 2 channel sound:

http://prntscr.com/kgdy9v

The version is this:

http://prntscr.com/kgdyt7

It recognizes the digital output (optical) as you can see on the last photo.

From device manager i have done all for drivers updates, even from Gigabyte the drivers won't help at all.

Can someone knows what is going on, because until now nothing have work. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Thank you in advance.

:)

YannisX, Aug 8, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek 5.1 sound problem - Similar Threads - Realtek sound problem

2. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  3. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  4. Realtek driver/sound card problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek driver/sound card problems: Recently my headphones wouldnt connect to my computer, I've updated all my drivers from their site and my motherboard drivers, I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them, I've tried many things but nothing would change. My computer is a Windows 10 Home and an ASUS H310...
  5. hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound

hy im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound: im windows 10 no sound in system 5+1 no sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hy-im-windows-10-no-sound-in-system-51-no-sound/dfcd0bea-d64e-4d4a-8d22-a1d756aec611
  6. realtek sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    realtek sound: my Realtek sound and microphone does not work anymore for some reason after i updated the driver.The sound icon is normal but when i try to test its say it cant play the test and i i hit troubleshoot it says audio services not responding.I tried rolling back the driver and i...
  7. Realtek High Definition Sound Problem

Realtek High Definition Sound Problem: Hello ! I reinstalled my Windows 10 a week ago and since then my sound is not working good. I'm using Realtek High Definition driver and it worked good before. But since i reinstalled my Windows the sound is really bad. It has like a little echo and it's really annoying....
  8. Realtek 5.1 sound problem

Realtek 5.1 sound problem: Hello to all. First of all, my apologies for my poor English. I will do my best for minimum mistakes. Two days ago i have made the update from 1709 version to 1803. Many problems with device compatibility, but i manage to fix them, except one. I don't have 5.1 sound...
  9. Realtek sound problem

Realtek sound problem: Hi guys, can someone help me find if there is a realtek driver for win10 that supports DTS neo. I was forced to go back to win7 for that matter. Once i used one driver that worked with win 10 but i lost it and can't find compatible now*Smile 74839
  10. RealTek HD sound problem

RealTek HD sound problem: Hello, I've been installing the latest drivers from realtek audio, both from Reaktek website and automatic updates. Whenever I install it the sound is bugged. I hear trash noise and the volume is super low. I have to revert back to the windows 10 generic driver and sound...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek and windows 5.1 sound problem