Windows 10: Realtek 8192 Wireless-N USB adaptor

Discus and support Realtek 8192 Wireless-N USB adaptor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 64bit. The problem I have is that I can no longer connect to the internet via my wireless USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnpat, Mar 25, 2016.

1. johnpat Win User

Realtek 8192 Wireless-N USB adaptor

Hi, I have recently upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 64bit. The problem I have is that I can no longer connect to the internet via my wireless USB adaptor which worked fine with windows 7. I tried reinstalling the driver and although it is in programmes and features, it does not appear in the device manager. I have read various threads saying that there is a problem with the Realtek driver and Windows 10, and to switch to Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter. But I cannot do this as Realtek is not listed in the Device Manager.

Does anyone have a solution.

Thanks.

:)

johnpat, Mar 25, 2016
  2. JoeBoney Win User

D-Link DWA 131 Wi-Fi USB Adapter Not Working with Windows 10

I had trouble getting mine to work. Eventually I chose the driver myself.

Update Driver>Browse computer for driver software> Let me pick from a list> D-Link Corporation>D-Link DWA-131 Wireless N Nano USB Adaptor (Realtek Semiconductor Corp.)

Make sure you look under D-Link Corporation and not D-Link. Also make sure you choose the Realtek version and not the Microsoft one.

JoeBoney, Mar 25, 2016
  3. Tom_Tams Win User
    Windows 10 update error 0x8024401c

Hi,

My problem seemed to be with my Ethernet network adaptor. I installed a wireless adaptor and the problem went away. The Ethernet adaptor is a Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller and the wireless adaptor that I installed to take it's place is a DWA 130 Dlink
    adaptor.

Tom_Tams, Mar 25, 2016
  4. tacoban Win User

If it is not listed in the device manager;
    *it can be defect
    *maybe it is listed as "unknown device"

if there is an unknown device listed, search for the PNP Id of the device on google.

check when you plug and unplug, if the system is giving a signal that there is a new hardware, if not it can be defect. To be sure, u can try on another system.

tacoban, Mar 26, 2016
  5. sml156 Win User
    You don't need to see the device in device manager just install the Atheros drivers and it will show up.

To add a device press the Windows key + S and type or paste
    Code: add or remove devices[/quote] into the search box then press enter and follow the prompts.

sml156, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek 8192 Wireless-N USB adaptor - Similar Threads - Realtek 8192 Wireless

2. 802.11 n WLAN adaptor drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    802.11 n WLAN adaptor drivers: 802.11 n WLAN adaptor not working even drivers reloaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/80211-n-wlan-adaptor-drivers/db0986a5-4f91-4e0b-871a-aee256eaf185
  3. 802.11 n WLAN adaptor drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    802.11 n WLAN adaptor drivers: 802.11 n WLAN adaptor not working even drivers reloaded https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/80211-n-wlan-adaptor-drivers/db0986a5-4f91-4e0b-871a-aee256eaf185
  4. wireless-n repeater

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless-n repeater: i accidentally upgrade this firm ware M28K2_V3130.1120and keeps going back to log in admin page default gateway https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-n-repeater/2a75a2b8-9314-4b76-a928-75dc306c830b
  5. wireless-n repeater

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wireless-n repeater: i accidentally upgrade this firm ware M28K2_V3130.1120and keeps going back to log in admin page default gateway https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-n-repeater/2a75a2b8-9314-4b76-a928-75dc306c830b
  6. wireless-n repeater

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How to fix when I am put in my new terabyte 1000 Mbps wireless wifi adaptor wireless N usb...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to fix when I am put in my new terabyte 1000 Mbps wireless wifi adaptor wireless N usb...: How to fix when I am put in my new terabyte 1000 Mbps wireless wifi adaptor wireless N usb adaptor then my adaptor is connecte and as well as disconnect shown in device manager continuosly.... Please help me please...
  8. Xbox wireless USB adaptor ACC

Xbox wireless USB adaptor ACC: I purchased a xbox wireless controller + USB adaptor for windows 10 last year. I just went to use it and it doesn't auto install when it suppose to. That is embarrassing when it's a Microsoft product and does not work on windows. It shows up as xbox acc in device manager. I...
  9. REALTEK USB Wireless LAN adaptor recognizes wifi network but won't connect

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    REALTEK USB Wireless LAN adaptor recognizes wifi network but won't connect: Hi, My REALTEK USB Wireless LAN adaptor was working just fine for several days but stopped working in the middle of downloading a large file. It recognizes and connects to my wifi network however the status of the connection is "Not Associated" and therefore isn't allowing...
  10. Wireless adaptor not working?

Wireless adaptor not working?: This is the basic desktop specs I have Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop 3rd gen Quad Core i5-3340 3.1Ghz 12G It looks like I may have bad wireless adaptor card even though the windows diagnostics show it is fine. It is able to detect one of my routers (have 2 in the house)...