Windows 10: Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Discus and support Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with any Realtek driver since I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 (x64). On every boot, I have no sound on the rear speakers :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dams, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Dams Win User

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker

Hello, I have a problem with any Realtek driver since I updated from Windows 8.1 to 10 (x64).
    On every boot, I have no sound on the rear speakers : the black pin switches automaticaly to "side". I have to reconfigure the black pin to rear every time !

Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker [​IMG]

Did someone had a similar issue ?

Here's my config if it helps : Asus Sabertooth Mark 2 and Logitech Z906 5.1 speakers.

:)

2. Realtek High definition Audio

hello

I have a problem with Realtek, sound works, but the settings are complex to be 7.1 channel. but not allow it to be 5.1 to have speakers.

because do not operate rear speakers. only work front, central and side.

option on the 5.1 channel, the rear is disabled, and when I get to be 7.1 have to turn off the rear side, and turn on rear channels

for work.

for works as 5.1, and it annoys me!!

Drivers are the latest available, work properly on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, now on Windows 10 is a problem.

Danijel_Cole, Aug 13, 2015
  3. neo158 Win User
    Issues with 5.1 surround sound

I had a similar problem but only with the rear speakers, I fixed it by setting it to 7.1 in the Windows and Realtek HD settings and just disabled the side speakers in both.

neo158, Aug 13, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

WhyMe, Aug 17, 2015
  5. Dams Win User
    Hello,

Yes I follow this post too, I have the last official driver : 6.0.1.7580.
    I have tried many other, nothing changes !

6. mbartelt Win User
    Hi,

is your soundcard on the mainboard 7.1 capable? I use an Axus Xonar D2X 7.1 soundcard. And for a 5.1 setup I must use the output for the side speakers. This is in Windows 7 and Windows 10. Windows 8 and 8.1 I never used.

Regards

Manfred

mbartelt, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Dams Win User
    Thanks for your help, my sound card is 7.1 compatible.
    I've always used my 5.1 system with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and always seen the output as rear speaker in the 5.1 configuration and not side speaker.

Anyway, I can use a 7.1 configuration with my 5.1 system, I just remove the side speakers in the Windows configuration.
    The problem is with this trick, some games now think I'm using a 7.1 system ! So I may miss some sounds.

I hope you understand, I don't speak English very often !

8. Blue Owl Win User

Any fix for the 5.1/7.1 problem?
    Since upgrading to Win 10, my Realtek speakers just don't work right. I have tried several drivers with the same result. Best that I can do is plug my side speakers into the rear speakers plug to get any sound for the side speakers. If I plug the side speakers into the side speaker plug and set up 7.1, there is still no sound through the side speakers.

Blue Owl, Aug 24, 2015
  9. Dams Win User
    Not yet, I'm still using the 7.1 configuration to get my 5.1 system working :-/

10. FrancoisH Win User
    Hi there,

I have the exact same issue, at least I think.

As described in my profile, my motherboard is an ASUS Z77 Extreme3D with a Codec Audio Realtek ALC898 embarked which support 7.1 configuration... But you need to be able to change one of the pin destination to do so...

I have 5.1 speakers, not 7.1... and only 5 pins on the back side... I generally switched the black role from rear to side speakers so I could use 5.1 config like Dolby defines it (as Side and not Rear speakers).

But since I went to Windows 10, I can no longer switch to a different selection for any of the pins... the driver won't allow it. So either I use 7.1 config with side unchecked, with probably a bit of a loss of quality in the sound... Or I switch to the 5.1 but I lose totally the side effect as my side connected to the black pin aren't used as the black thing is used for... rear and not side... It's a bit complicated, I admit, but very frustrating as well.

If you have any suggestion...

Kind regards.

FrancoisH, Aug 30, 2015
  11. Dams Win User
    Still no solution... *Sad

Using the 7.1 configuration with the side speaker unchecked isn't realy good : while playing a game, I miss some sounds. The game think i'm using a 7.1 device !

So the best solution now for me is to reconfigure the black pin to rear on every boot... Very annoying !

EDIT:
    I've found a stable solution if anybody needs : I've installed an old driver (6.0.1.6873) that comes with the old interface.
    Rear speaker now stay rear ! *Smile

12. Goliath Win User
    Hello everyone!

Almost one year later...Are there any new solution to this problem?

I'm having the same problem with my 5.1 speakers. I have to set rear speaker each time I start windows and its a bit annoying.

Any update or fix avaliable? I didn't find anything...

Goliath, Apr 23, 2016
  13. Goliath Win User

Nothing yet? Im losing hope here...

Goliath, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek Audio 5.1 configuration : rear speaker switch to side speaker - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio configuration

2. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  3. Realtek Audio Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Speakers not working: Hello. I am having an issue with my Realtek Audio Speakers. Basically, when I plug in my monitor built in speaker the computer recognizes that speaker and will play audio. But when I try to play audio out of my computer speakers the ones that came built in no audio plays....
  4. No audio from 5.1 side speakers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio from 5.1 side speakers: Hi all, I'm going mad trying to get this to work, but the side speakers just wont produce any sound. It's plugged in correctly, they work as I tested them as front speakers, it registers them as an option, but under test they don't produce any sound. I've uninstalled and...
  5. No audio from 5.1 side speakers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No audio from 5.1 side speakers: Hi all, I'm going mad trying to get this to work, but the side speakers just wont produce any sound. It's plugged in correctly, they work as I tested them as front speakers, it registers them as an option, but under test they don't produce any sound. I've uninstalled and...
  6. No audio from 5.1 side speakers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio

Realtek Speaker/Headphones Audio: Hi, I have Windows 10 21H1 installed on my PC. I have a issue with Realtek Audio. I want to use both - my computer's inbuilt speaker and Headphones but am unable to do so. When I connect my headphones, I get audio output from my headphones, but If I want to change it to my...
  8. Realtek 5.1 rear speaker volume control

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek 5.1 rear speaker volume control: Hy.On my MSI GT73 6re laptop I run 3 cables to my receiver to get 5 channel /No sub... yet/My issue is that the rear speakers volume control sound/levels is binary 0%=off, 1%-100%=on, and 1%-100% same volume , and independent from the main volume.It ends up in strange things...
  9. Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 recognizes rear speakers as side speakers (5.1): I have no clue how to make it realize those are rear speakers. Realtek and Windows settings both only allow to use them as rear speakers. Any ideas on how to fix this? submitted by /u/coms77 [link] [comments]...
  10. asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers

asus rog strix b550-i gaming will not show rear speakers on rear panel, only side speakers: Hello, I recently bought an Asus ROG strix B550-I Gaming motherboard to build a home theater system. I installed all of the Asus audio drivers Aand utilities after installing Windows 10 Pro Build 19041. When i go to Realtek Audio Manager and set up the rear-panel jacks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek 5.1 windows 10 no rear speaker

2. realtek switching from 7.1 to 5.1

3. realtek audio console 5.1 config