Windows 10: Realtek audio automatically goes to 0 and there is a slider in the upper left hand corner...

Discus and support Realtek audio automatically goes to 0 and there is a slider in the upper left hand corner... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My audio sound suddenly stopped working. I have a volume slider that suddenly appeared in the upper left corner of the screen that will no close.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CynthiaWheelehan, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Realtek audio automatically goes to 0 and there is a slider in the upper left hand corner...

My audio sound suddenly stopped working.

I have a volume slider that suddenly appeared in the upper left corner of the screen that will no close.

Any attempt to increase the sound immediately resets to 0. It does it so quickly that if I tried to manually tried to keep the sound up, I could not adjust it fast enough.

I tried the troubleshooter and just get a message the low volume is not fixed.

I have tried going into device manager and updating the drivers (they all are updated).

I have uninstalled and let the computer reinstall the Realtek driver on restart.

Nothing helps and I cannot listen to any audio. Same issue occurs with earbuds and earphones.

I just need some audio.

:)

CynthiaWheelehan, Aug 19, 2018
  2. NurdBurd Win User

Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

Howdy Bree,
    I don't see a magnifier glass in the upper left corner. Just to make sure I was not overlooking it, I changed my "Change the size of text, apps, and other items: 125%." Then I went to the High Contrast area "Choose a theme: High Contrast White". Even after those two steps I still don't see a magnifier glass. I selected The Magnifier from my taskbar and indeed I saw the magnifier glass. When I used the magnifier glass, the recently generated magnifying area was deleted - but the area in the upper left corner remained.
    Is it possible to remove The Magnifier from Windows and then reinstall it? Or perhaps, a larger section of Windows containing The Magnifier and then reinstall this larger section?
    Thank you.

Carl M. Barlow, Jr.
    L: carlbarlow@verizon.net

Howdy Bree,
    Did you take a Thanksgiving vacation?

Carl

NurdBurd, Aug 19, 2018
  3. Mouse is erratic at upper left corner

Hello!

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (i.e., updates, software installation)
    This has been happening since the Windows 10 update, no issues prior to the Windows 10 update

• Is this the first time you experienced the issue?
    It has occurred non-stop since the Windows 10 upgrade, no issues prior to that upgrade.

• When did the issue first begin?
    After the Windows 10 update.

• To make sure we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
    I have found a work around by decreasing the resolution on my laptop to be at 1024x768 instead of the recommended 1366x768. I cannot increase resolution from 1024x768 without the mouse being erratic and uncontrollable in the upper left corner .

Meemmeem_811, Aug 19, 2018
  4. link626 Win User

Realtek audio automatically goes to 0 and there is a slider in the upper left hand corner...

crashed. Now start menu opens in upper left corner and not clickable

win10 randomly crashed while idle. Some kernel security bsod.

after reboot, the start menu does not open in the lower left corner. It opens in upper left corner, and none of the menu is clickable. I have to use keyboard arrow keys to navigate.

Also, when I start typing words to search for apps, the search menu opens full screen.

My start menu is corrupted. How do I restore it? Event viewer suggested my .dat file is corrupted.

Even creating brand new user, the start menu still opens in the upper left corner (while the start button is in the lower left corner), and the menu is not clickable for the new user.

link626, Aug 19, 2018
Thema:

Realtek audio automatically goes to 0 and there is a slider in the upper left hand corner...

1. Realtek audio automatically goes to 0 and there is a slider in the upper left hand corner... - Similar Threads - Realtek audio automatically

2. audio automatically goes to 0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio automatically goes to 0.: hi i am kunal. iam having issue with my audio. it automatically goes to 0. when i increase it when again it goes to 0.i updated bios and audio drivers from support site. but it didn't work. my laptop is asus vivobook 15 x512fa i3 10th gen windows11. please help. i am scared...
  3. audio automatically goes to 0.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio automatically goes to 0.: hi i am kunal. iam having issue with my audio. it automatically goes to 0. when i increase it when again it goes to 0.i updated bios and audio drivers from support site. but it didn't work. my laptop is asus vivobook 15 x512fa i3 10th gen windows11. please help. i am scared...
  4. UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW

in Windows 10 Customization
    UPPER LEFT CORNER FLOATING WINDOW: How do you remove this thing showing on the upper left of my screen, I dont have any third party apps installed, no Rainmeter or whatnots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upper-left-corner-floating-window/c031330f-533b-4473-9577-b25ceca7a946
  5. Extreme upper left corner of monitor

Extreme upper left corner of monitor: At the extreme upper left corner of the screen, there is a tiny white dot. When I put the mouse cursor on it, I get one of those spinning blue "waiting" circles... well, actually only a quarter of one of those as if the top and entire left part of the circle is outside the...
  6. White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.

White box in upper left hand corner of desktop.: Hi, I recently purchased a new Dell laptop for my kid and put some Microsoft Family time limits on it. My son has kept on coming to me and showing me a white bar at the top left corner of the desktop. The bar will hide all of the apps until clicked on twice. One clicked on,...
  7. Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer jumps to upper left hand corner of Surface Pro 4 screen: Back in June my mouse pointer suddenly began jumping to the upper left hand corner of my Surface Pro 4 screen and flashing there in a touch bubble. I sometimes had some control over the mouse so I could move it and click on icons while the pointer was still flashing in the...
  8. Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor jumps to upper right hand corner: I have a Toshiba laptop and use external, wireless keyboard and mouse with larger monitor. Occasionally, the cursor jumps to the upper right hand corner and I'm stuck; it easily corrects by opening and closing the laptop lid -albeit a minor burr but a burr. I've recently...
  9. Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner

Small Gray Rectangle in Upper Left Corner: First of all, I am using a Surface Pro 3. This problem is weird because it only happens once in a while when my laptop goes to sleep (but not always), and it only goes away once I restart my computer. [IMG] I cannot use my desktop while it is there, and I can move the gray...
  10. Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner

in Windows 10 Support
    Rectangular Box in Upper Left Corner: I believe I accidentally generated this rectangular (not square) box while I was learning about the Magnifier. This rectangular (7.5 cm X 4.3 cm) box causes whatever is located underneath it to be slightly whiter than it normally would be. Everything functions properly while...