Windows 10: Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10]

Discus and support Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10] in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this has been an issue for a while now, Every time I try and install 'Realtek HD Audio Drivers', My PC doesn't install them, and says it's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnarkyMusic, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10]

So this has been an issue for a while now,
    Every time I try and install 'Realtek HD Audio Drivers', My PC doesn't install them, and says it's the drivers aren't compatible. In the sound tab in the taskbar, the 'speakers' don't show up anywhere because Realtek isn't installed. Whenever I go to device manager, under Sound, video, game controllers, It says 'NVIDIA High Definition Audio'. This is a PROBLEM as when I am making music, the volume is pretty LOW and slightly distorted, even when everything is at 100%. My laptop which also runs Windows 10, and Realtek is installed and working on that. When I used Windows 7 before I upgraded to Windows 10 64 bit for my PC, Realtek was installed and also worked fine on that. [could it be a sound card issue?]

I am currently running a HDMI cable from the screen into my graphics card, and the AUX cord from the Sub [and speakers] into the back of my screen. The sound works at the moment but the problem is that the volume is very LOW. I have tried enabling Loudness Equalization in the enhancement tab in the sound options [in the taskbar] and nothing made a difference, I have also tried running the AUX cable into the motherboard and sound card from the Sub, but no sound comes through.

Here are also pictures that show what the problems are.

Screenshot - cb2c3360cccb9ea3f442a34d764608b0 - Gyazo

Screenshot - 41c987a9e0650413ac103b26981c8c39 - Gyazo

Screenshot - 3c559658cd2ad594918544c5bc5d346e - Gyazo

:)

AnarkyMusic, Sep 30, 2016

2. No audio from rear I/O audio connection in motherboard panel

I am not able to get any signal to the rear audio jacks of my Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Mobo, I am running a licensed version of windows 10 pro x64bit. My speakers are the BOSE Companion 50 with the standard 3.5mm jack. I updated the drivers to the latest Realtek
    HD Audio drivers but to no avail.

There are 4 audio devices in device manager

2 in "Audio inputs and outputs"

- Realtek digital output (Realtek High Definition Audio)

- Realtek digital output (optical) (Realtek High Definition Audio)

and 2 in "Sound, Video and Game Controllers"

- High Definition audio device

- Realtek High definition audio

AND...when I plug my speakers into the front chassis HD Audio output.... 3.5mm headphone jack...the sound works fine. (this is plugged into the Front Panel Audio connector (10-1 pin AAFP) on the motherboard.) When this is plugged in,

a 'speakers (realtek high definition audio)'

device appears in the "Audio inputs and outputs" in device manger.

When I plug the speakers into the rear mobo I/O Audio connection, there is recognition from the Asus Realtek HD Audio software that something has been connected, but no sound is output through them at all. I have changed the playback devices to both realtek
    audio and realtek audio (optical), from what I understand, the 'Optical' is the optical output from my motherboard that is labelled SPDIF out on the rear panel? Is that right?

I just don't know what else to try.

Its worth mentioning I only built this PC last weekend and so have never had any audio signal from the rear of this motherboard.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SteadtyEddy, Sep 30, 2016
  3. Unable to upgrade from Windows 10 1703 to 1709

There is no Card Reader in the Device Manager anywhere.

Regarding software, I ran regedit and searched for "realtek" and the only results I could find in the entire registry were either a) the Realtek Audio and b) the Realtek FE controller (wired internet).

If there was software, it is supposed to be in c:\program files\realtek but the only folder there is Audio,

Peterbrown77, Sep 30, 2016
  4. Plankton Win User

Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10]

Is this an OEM PC or a custom build? If an OEM....need the brand/make/model of it. If a custom built PC....need the complete system specs.

Plankton, Sep 30, 2016
  5. I bought it off a friend 4 years ago, i think it's custom built

Processor: Intel (R) Core (TM) 17-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M
    System manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M
    Motherboard: ASROCK z77m
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760
    System type: 64 bit, 65x Processor
    RAM: 8gb

AnarkyMusic, Sep 30, 2016
  6. Plankton Win User
    Great.....now....what bit is your OS...32 or 64?

Plankton, Sep 30, 2016
  7. Plankton Win User
    You can download your mobo sound driver directly from ASRock.......just pick your OS and bit type.

ASRock > Z77M

Plankton, Sep 30, 2016
  8. Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10]

TairikuOkami, Sep 30, 2016
  9. fireberd Win User
    I am using an ASRock Z77 Professional Fatal1ty motherboard (using the same i7 3770 CPU). It has Realtek and is Win 10 compatible, using the Realtek drivers direct from Realtek.

However, if you are using HDMI audio, then that is generated in the NVIDIA Video Card, not from Realtek.

I have a recording studio (Sonar). I wonder if the Akai synthstation is causing any conflicts. Temporarily disable that and see what happens.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10]

1. Realtek Audio NOT Working? [WINDOWS 10] - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Working

2. RealTek Audio not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RealTek Audio not working: Hi, I have dealt with this problem upwards of three times so far. Whenever windows doesn't open properly or an update occurs, I no longer can use my sound using the realtek audio already placed inside my computer. The first time I had to run a series of test uninstall it and...
  3. Realtek Audio not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Realtek Audio not working: I use an Acer Spin 3 and accidentally uninstalled Realtek audio. I tried to ReInstall the audio thing, but this did not work. I've tried to update the driver using Device Manager but Realtek is already up to date. It shows a warning sign next to Realtek HD audio whenever I...
  4. Realtek Audio not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio not working.: I recently updated to 20H2 on Windows, and all of a sudden the Realtek Audio stopped working completely, that being said, the app has also lost it’s functionality as it says, “This application is not compatible”. How can I fix this? I want to listen to music not deal with...
  5. Realtek audio not working

Realtek audio not working: maybe wrong spot? I have a Realtek alc 1200 codec and an msi motherboard, I installed the msi dragon center which then installed the realtek audio console, I managed to get my headphones to work but my mic sounded like garabage according to discord so I went back to my old...
  6. Realtek audio not working?

Realtek audio not working?: Hey guys, I've posted about this before. I can't get audio to play strictly through a headset. It always plays through both the Pc and the headset, which is really irritating. I can't find any settings in realtek to fix this and I have a feeling the version I'm using doesn't...
  7. Realtek audio not working

Realtek audio not working: i am not having any audio come out of my headphones titled: Headphones (Realtek (R) Audio). i have tried almost everything the internet has told me, updating drivers, restarting, unplugging/re-plugging, and a ton more. Sorry i dont know how to describe all ive done because it...
  8. Realtek Audio Not Working

Realtek Audio Not Working: I don't know why but I have this problem with my audio drivers that I can't open the application to it and every now and then the drivers fail resulting in a quiet to no input mic, and my sound mixer turning everything down for no reason. I have tried reinstalling the drivers...
  9. Realtek audio will not work on Windows 10

Realtek audio will not work on Windows 10: I have tried everything. I have watched countless videos and followed all the steps including installing, uninstalling, updating, and checking the sound, drivers, and enhancements but nothing works. Whenever I try to troubleshoot and preview the sounds, it works fine but...
  10. Realtek Audio Not Working

Realtek Audio Not Working: Needing some advice. All of a sudden the audio on our PC is not working. We have windows 10 and our audio has been working fine until today. When I hover over the sound icon on the taskbar a message pops up to say 'No audio output device in installed even though we have...