Windows 10: Realtek Audio On Dell Desktop Motherboard (Dell 8900 System)

Discus and support Realtek Audio On Dell Desktop Motherboard (Dell 8900 System) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a new Dell 8900 series desktop. (64 bit) Apparently has Realtek integrated audio on the Motherboard. The audio works fine, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Robert11, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Robert11 Win User

Realtek Audio On Dell Desktop Motherboard (Dell 8900 System)

Hello,

I have a new Dell 8900 series desktop. (64 bit)

Apparently has Realtek integrated audio on the Motherboard.

The audio works fine, but the program that gives the user, me, options for adjusting
    the audio is really poor.

Something called Maxx Audio Pro. No idea if it is a Dell implementation, or some third party software.

I wrote Realtek, but haven't received any answer.

Anyone know if they, Realtek, or anyone else offers software that would
    allow more, and easier, adjustments for the audio (speakers, headphones, equalizer, etc.) ?

Was hoping that Realtek had a downloadble package that I could use instead
    of what Dell provides.

Thanks,
    Bob

:)

Robert11, Dec 2, 2015

2. Audio

I am using a Dell XPS 8900 with a RealTek ALC 3861 sound card and I currently do not have any audio. I ran in safe mode and same problem occurs. In device manager under system devices, I have High Definition Audio Controller listed twice with a code 39
    error message. I have downloaded the correct drivers multiple times via realtek's website and Dell's website and same problem occurs. I have removed both of them multiple times but to no avail. Under Sound, Video and game controllers, it only has my BeatsSolo
    Wireless Stereo and Mono listed and not the RealTek driver. I have removed both multiple times as well and tried installing the drivers for the sound card multiple times but is still not working. Any other ideas?

ericsamual, Dec 2, 2015
  3. Windows 10 microphone not working. drivers are up-to-date, computer and microphone new

Have new Dell 8900, new audio-technica

microphone (purchased from Dell). Setting up Cortana, and the wizard cannot set up microphone. All drivers are up-to-date. Tried another microphone, same thing.

NancyOwens1947, Dec 2, 2015
  4. GAS
    Gas Win User

You should find updates in Dell site, is the audio management SW they use
    Edit: it seems they not use it anymore, here is the link for Dell 8900 XPS, there is a recent driver for the audio controller:
    Product Support | Dell US

Thema:

1. Realtek Audio On Dell Desktop Motherboard (Dell 8900 System) - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio Dell

2. Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900: I have a Dell xps 8900, IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz, 16.0 GB ram, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, and dual monitors - both of which are plugged into the nvidia graphics card with hdmi and dvi cables. I've been having issues with one monitor...
  3. Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Intel Rapid Storage Technology crashes Dell xps 8900: I have a Dell xps 8900, IntelR CoreTM i7-6700 CPU 3.40GHz 3.41 GHz, 16.0 GB ram, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor, and dual monitors - both of which are plugged into the nvidia graphics card with hdmi and dvi cables. I've been having issues with one monitor...
  4. DELL DESKTOP

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DELL DESKTOP: Why does my old Dell Desktop gets stuck takes 5min to close a website is it my HDran SFC and processing request sits forever ?'Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dell-desktop/37cec096-10c2-46b7-b901-07a7d21b50b6
  5. Advice on upgrading HDD to SSD on Dell XPS 8900

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Advice on upgrading HDD to SSD on Dell XPS 8900: I have a Dell XPS 8900/Windows 10 (20H2) with a 1 TB HD that has the operating system and also a 4 TB HD that I use for storage. I want to replace the 1 TB with a 1 TB SSD. I know I will need to purchase an adaptor to install in a 3.5" bay. I was planning on purchasing a...
  6. Dell Laptop motherboard identification

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell Laptop motherboard identification: I need to replace my MB. WHen I do search for my model, It seem there is different CPU speed on MB. I can't figure wish one I have. Maybe the MB have a part number, but I can't find it. Here is my Service Tag: 6DTGGS1 The model is: XPS 14 L421X 160124
  7. windows 10 dell xps 8900 bootloop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    windows 10 dell xps 8900 bootloop: I got a dell ups 8900 with 24 gigs of ram and a gtx960 card. Sometimes the computer will just shutdown on its own and I gotta reset the pc from the dell splash screen a few times before it starts up. It will say error windows has booted multiple times....
  8. Mic problems with Realtek Audio, Dell G7 7588

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mic problems with Realtek Audio, Dell G7 7588: Recently, my laptop (Dell G7 7588) has decided it wants to use the built in mic instead of my Astro A10 mic. I have checked for drivers everywhere, set different audio dsevices as default, unplugged my Asus VG245 monitor, and uninstalled then reinstalled every audio driver,...
  9. Realtek on a dell optiplex 755

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek on a dell optiplex 755: Is there any way to get realtek or something similar on a dell optiplex 755? The model number is: DCSM. I'm mostly looking to add the enhancements tab in the microphone properties window....
  10. Dell XPS 8900 Desktop: Audio Jacks Hookup Question ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell XPS 8900 Desktop: Audio Jacks Hookup Question ?: Hello, Really totally confused about this, and would be most appreciative for some help and suggestions on. Have a new Dell XPS 8900 desktop PC. Has Realtek integrated audio, apparently. (ALC3861 7.1) I imagine it’s pretty much the same setup for all of their PC’s...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. motherboard not allowing Realtek* High Definition Audio Driver for dell inspiron 3668

2. dell alc 3861

3. dell 8900 realtek