Windows 10: Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

Discus and support Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I'm having an incredibly frustrating problem with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop in question is a Clevo P650SE with the i7-4720HQ and GTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OnePlus, Nov 14, 2015.

1. OnePlus Win User

Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

Hi guys,

I'm having an incredibly frustrating problem with my Windows 10 laptop. The laptop in question is a Clevo P650SE with the i7-4720HQ and GTX 970M. I reinstalled Windows last week and now i can't get rid of this damn Realtek driver. Whenever i uninstall the Realtek software from Control Panel, it comes straight back after a reboot. *Sad

A lot of websites suggest heading into the 'Device Installation Settings' and hitting 'No (Your device might not work as expected)' but this has no effect towards the issue. On previous builds of Windows 10 this worked fine, so i'm not sure what to do next.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

:)

OnePlus, Nov 14, 2015
  2. Sundae_ Win User

Realtek force installing onto my PC.

The Realtek HD audio driver keeps installing itself through windows update. The driver I want to use is the one for my Asus DG sound card. How do I prevent windows update from installing Realtek's driver.

Sundae_, Nov 14, 2015
  3. Recently Win 10 Foreground.wav sound repeats every 6 seconds. Event 10 maybe?

tried edit. no go.

Nothing yellow in Device Manager.

Realtek HD Audio driver.

Used "Speakers" in both Windows and Realtek dialog boxes. Sound beeps keep showing in Sound dbox even when headphones not plugged in.

nVidia 980 with drivers.

Click Slayer, Nov 14, 2015
  4. spapakons Win User

The setting is not enough even in build 10240, I tried. You must hide the driver update so it will not install next time Windows Update runs.

spapakons, Nov 14, 2015
  5. OnePlus Win User
    Thanks for the response. Yeah i knew about this tool already but when i tired using it with the Realtek driver already installed, then it doesn't appear in the list. If i uninstall the Realtek driver from my system then it forces me to do a reboot for the changes to register, and when the system reboots it instantly reinstalls the driver, so there's not enough opportunity available to add it onto the hidden list. *Sad

OnePlus, Nov 16, 2015
  6. I had a similar problem getting rid of synaptics. Try to run the tool just before restarting.

TairikuOkami, Nov 16, 2015
  7. OnePlus Win User
    Thanks for the suggestion, it's good to know i'm not the only one who has experience issues with uninstalling drivers in Windows 10. Unfortunately this didn't seem to work, i even uninstalled Realtek from Device Manager but it doesn't show up in the list.

OnePlus, Nov 16, 2015
  8. Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling?

OK, try this one: Select uninstall, but also check to Delete the device driver software.

9. OnePlus Win User
    Yeah that's what i wanted to do, but unfortunately this checkbox or text doesn't appear. *Sad

OnePlus, Nov 16, 2015
  10. I assume, that you are trying to use the driver, which Windows does not want to accept?
    Have you tried installing it by: Update Driver - Browse ... - Let me pick ... - Have disc - and choosing it?

11. spapakons Win User
    You must first replace the Microsoft driver with latest OEM driver, then restart and run the tool to hide the update before it has any chance to replace the driver again. If the Microsoft driver is already installed, then you won't see the update since there is nothing new. The tool shows only available updates.

spapakons, Nov 16, 2015
  12. OnePlus Win User
    Hmm, well not really. You see the laptop came with the Realtek driver preinstalled, and now i'm trying to remove it completely and just use the standard Windows audio drivers. But when i uninstall Realtek from the Control Panel, it just reinstalls itself straight after rebooting the system. *Sad

OnePlus, Nov 16, 2015
  13. OnePlus Win User

But the latest OEM driver is actually a Realtek one, so i don't think that would make any difference?

OnePlus, Nov 16, 2015
  14. spapakons Win User
    It will as this is official from Realtek, not the one Windows Update tries to install.

spapakons, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek Driver Keeps Reinstalling? - Similar Threads - Realtek Driver Keeps

2. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  3. Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trying to reinstall Realtek Audio Driver: Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio because “The installation of this device is forbidden by system policy. Contact your system administrator.”Please help....
  4. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  5. failed realtek audio driver reinstall

failed realtek audio driver reinstall: hello, i have windows 11 homean hour ago, im reinstalling my audio driver by uninstalling the device and check the mark to delete the driver, and then i installed the driver from laptop manufacture acer. when i restarted i got no sound, and when i checked in device manager it...
  6. Realtek Driver Keeps Disappearing

Realtek Driver Keeps Disappearing: For some reason my Realtek driver keeps disappearing, sometimes as soon as the day after re-installation.The sound was poor on my HP Pabilion 15 when I bought it in January, but I managed to resolve it by downloading Realtek driver 6.0.9285.1 from the Intel website which it...
  7. Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek driver keeps reinstalling itself: I have a Dell XPS 13 9300 and the Realtek driver for my device is faulty since its not recognizing my headphones when i unplug them after booting. So i removed the realtek driver and used the generic MS driver. Then, after I reboot, the Realtek Driver appears again. So I...
  8. Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to reinstall Realtek Audio Drivers: Hello, I replaced my GPU a week or two ago from a AMD Radeon RX 460 to Nvidia GTX 1060 3GB, and this morning I started my computer, where I received a pop-up box saying my AMD drivers were not detected. I downloaded AMD Cleanup Utility and ran it in Safe Mode and, after...
  9. Realtek driver keeps uninstalling and reinstalling another realtek driver

Realtek driver keeps uninstalling and reinstalling another realtek driver: Hello, I am trying to install the realtek driver r2.82 for the enhancements tab (particularly for the noise cancellation feature on the microphone) I've downloaded the driver and installed/restarted several times, but the old driver keeps being reinstalled. I tried going...
  10. Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline

Realtek drivers keep reinstalling, even when I'm offline: I'm trying to figure out why this last Windows update introduced latency when playing Rocksmith 2014 through my Sony HT-CT390 sound bar via an analog connection. All other settings between the game and the sound bar remained the same, so I decided to focus on the mess that is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek driver keeps reinstalling

2. windows keeps reinstalling drivers

3. realtek audio driver keeps reinstalling