Windows 10: Realtek front panel jack doesn't detect anything

Discus and support Realtek front panel jack doesn't detect anything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi. I'm using windows 10 and I have the latest version of both NVIDIA and Realtek high definition drivers, but my computer doesn't recognize anything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TheErfan, Aug 11, 2016.

1. TheErfan Win User

Realtek front panel jack doesn't detect anything

Hi.
    I'm using windows 10 and I have the latest version of both NVIDIA and Realtek high definition drivers, but my computer doesn't recognize anything when I plug in my headphones/earphones.
    All of solutions I've seen worked with the previous Realtek HD audio manager but I have this (I think) new one.
    Realtek front panel jack doesn't detect anything [​IMG]

While taking this screenshot, my headphones were plugged in, but no sign of its detection anywhere in my PC.

Does anybody have a solution for this?
    Thanks.

:)

TheErfan, Aug 11, 2016
  2. Zojim4 Win User

Front Panel Mic Not been detected

So I am using a gaming headset and a splitter to be able to use the mic of it. the problem is that the front panel jack for the mic doesn't detect the microphone. The rear panel does work and the mic turns on when connected to the back. A weird thing is
    that if I connect the headphone part of the splitter into the microphone jack I can listen as if I connected it to the headphone jack. It detects headphones but no microphone. The rest of the front panel works normally is just the microphone jack.

I have already tried reinstalling realtek, I disable and enable realtek from detecting front panel.

Any suggestions?

My motherboard is gigabyte H110N

Zojim4, Aug 11, 2016
  3. No sound after Windows 10 install

Realtek audio drivers don´t work in windows 10. Front panel retasking and jack detection not work.

Carlos Lämmle, Aug 11, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

Has this ever worked? I assume you are using a headset with a separate stereo plug for the headset and another for the mic and NOT USB?

That Realtek panel is an ASUS custom panel. ASUS has different panels than other PC's. I have an ASRock and it defaults to the "standard" Realtek provided panel. However, what is displayed looks correct.

Assuming the headset works OK if plugged into the rear GREEN speaker connection, first thing I would do is reseat (unplug then plug back in) the front panel audio connector to the motherboard (with the PC powered off). Usually the motherboard connection is located in the lower left of the motherboard. Connector is usually marked "HD Audio" but you could have the older AC97 connector.

If the physical connection is OK, and it worked OK before, go to the Device Manager, Uninstall the Realtek in the Sound section, but DO NOT uninstall the drivers. Then restart the PC and when Windows starts it will detect and reinstall the sound. See if this fixes it.

Best I can tell you without more specific information.

fireberd, Aug 11, 2016
  5. TheErfan Win User
    No, my headset has only one 3.5 mm plug for everything and my panel contains one USB 3.0 slot, one USB 2.0 slot, and one for headphones.
    And thanks for your guidance, I'll inform you if anything new comes up.

TheErfan, Aug 11, 2016
  6. fireberd Win User
    If your headset is the "TRRS" (Tip, Ring, Ring, Sleeve) type like used on an iPhone or PS4, you will need an adapter to work in standard PC jacks which are "TRS" (Tip, Ring, Sleeve) type.

Here is a picture of the TRRS (iPhone/PS4) type and a picture of a TRS type that is used on a PC.

fireberd, Aug 11, 2016
  7. TheErfan Win User
    Yup, that was the problem.
    Thank you.

TheErfan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek front panel jack doesn't detect anything - Similar Threads - Realtek front panel

2. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  3. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...: my front panel jack doesnt work because the option ' disable front panel jack ' is enabled in the realtek audio console but i thought it would help me if i deleted it realtek audibut it made it worse and now i cant download the realtek audio console cause my microsoft store...
  4. front panel jack doesnt work bc of enabled "disable front panel jack " in realtek audio...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. There’s NO “Disable front panel jack detection option

There’s NO “Disable front panel jack detection option: My laptop’s headphone port just stopped working. It shows that it plays through the headphones but no sound coming through. My headphones work perfectly on other devices as well. Ive tried everything i could. and there’s no “Disable front panel jack detection” option in the...
  6. CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CANNOT Get Front Panel Jack to Work, NOR Disable Front Jack Detection: [ATTACH] I've been wrestling with this **** all day and I'm very frustrated, to say the least. I've never had much of a problem with Windows 10 and I tend to like it, for the most part... But, now that Realtek's decided to stop ******* supporting its HD Audio Manager and...
  7. How to disable Realtek HD Audio Manager "front panel jack detection"

How to disable Realtek HD Audio Manager "front panel jack detection": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DeepThree02 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iku2k5/how_to_disable_realtek_hd_audio_manager_front/
  8. Front Panel Jack not working

Front Panel Jack not working: From the past versions of windows 10, my front jack (headphones) is working. Then when i installed the new update. The front jack cant be read or detect. Please help me so that i can listen peacefully. submitted by /u/johnbarillo18 [link] [comments]...
  9. realtek front panel no audio

realtek front panel no audio: so i just make my first pc build. and after everything thing i found out that the front panel audio and mic are not working. first of, even after updating it it did not install realtek hd audio manager. so i found it downloaded it. and after when i did open, it was opened in...
  10. No option to disable front jack detection Realtek 6.0.1

No option to disable front jack detection Realtek 6.0.1: *Sad It just don't detect headphones 51080

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtech high definition driver no frount panel

2. realtek front panel jack doesnt detect anything

3. realtek front panel not detected windows 10

4. Detect front panel sound,
  5. front panel jack Headphone Not Detecting ,
  6. windows doesnt display front jacks,
  7. windows doesnt detect front panel