Windows 10: Realtek HD audio cab not installing

Discus and support Realtek HD audio cab not installing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Downloaded the cab file from the link in the sticky for 64 bit, downloaded reg file to put install on context menu. Right clicked cab file and clicked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by banger, Dec 10, 2016.

1. banger Win User

Realtek HD audio cab not installing

Downloaded the cab file from the link in the sticky for 64 bit, downloaded reg file to put install on context menu. Right clicked cab file and clicked install, DISM came back with error 2 file not found. Path too long?

Downloaded from realtek.tw and seemed to install ok with lots of reboots.

:)

banger, Dec 10, 2016

2. How to stop Realtek Audio drivers from installing on Windows 10?

Most likely Realtek audio is designated audio per mfg.'s motherboard.

Are you uninstalling Realtek driver from device manager & choosing to remove audio software too?

After uninstalling it & reboot, does it re-appear?

If yes, you should use troubleshooting cab file that Microsoft makes available to hide updates. I use this cab file everyday to find out what updates are on my laptop but have not been installed yet.

Here is Microsoft website to get that cab file from:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...driver-update-from-reinstalling-in-windows-10

If you still need to uninstall Realtek audio I would use cab file first and see if there is Realtek update available for install. Use cab file's hide feature to keep it from installing.

Now when you remove Mfg. audio driver-Realtek, it will be replaced with Microsoft's High Definition Audio Device driver.

Are you trying to install another audio driver that is not Realtek?

Jmarco0921, Dec 10, 2016
  3. Time Lady Win User
    How can I download Realtek HD Audio Manager

Try downloading the .cab file from MS which should have the realtek audio manager.

Microsoft Update Catalog

How to install a .cab file.

I lost the audio manager when installing from the Realtek website, the .cab file brought it back for me.

Time Lady, Dec 10, 2016
  4. fireberd Win User

I use the version from Realtek. Haven't had any issues.

How I've seen it work, if you have Realtek installed, it will uninstall that. Have you restart the PC. Install Realtek and finally have you restart again.

I've tried the cab file versions posted and never got them to install.

fireberd, Dec 10, 2016
  5. banger Win User
    Thanks for the reply so not just me then.

banger, Dec 10, 2016
  6. Doc943 Win User
    Had the same error too.

Doc943, Dec 11, 2016
  7. D4ni3l Win User
    D4ni3l, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Realtek HD audio cab not installing - Similar Threads - Realtek audio cab

2. Realtek HD audio driver does not install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek HD audio driver does not install: Hi, Realtek HD audio driver from Intel did not work anymore. Downloaded new version, started Install, devices were deleted and had to restart laptop but does not finish the install. So, no device installed, no sound. Do you have a solution?...
  3. Realtek HD audio driver does not install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek HD audio driver does not install: Hi, Realtek HD audio driver from Intel did not work anymore. Downloaded new version, started Install, devices were deleted and had to restart laptop but does not finish the install. So, no device installed, no sound. Do you have a solution?...
  4. Cant install Realtek Hd Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install Realtek Hd Audio: I recently bought a custom gaming pc that has windows 10 pro, and when I first received the product, I noticed that when I plugged in my wired headphones to the pc that the audio was not working, and I couldn't hear anything thru my headphones.i have an acer monitor which...
  5. Cant install Realtek Hd Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install Realtek Hd Audio: I recently bought a custom gaming pc that has windows 10 pro, and when I first received the product, I noticed that when I plugged in my wired headphones to the pc that the audio was not working, and I couldn't hear anything thru my headphones.i have an acer monitor which...
  6. Cant install Realtek Hd Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Realtek HD audio drivers not installing

Realtek HD audio drivers not installing: Hi there, i first came accross this issue two days ago when i was using my samsung monitor with headphones plugged into the monitor for the first time. It seems to have created audio drivers for itself that it uses to take the audio. However after this my realtek sound...
  8. Realtek HD audio

Realtek HD audio: I just bought a new pc this christmas and plugged my hyper x cloud alphas with the splitter into the pc, after working past all the buggy issues and such and I tried playing the game Modern Warfare warzone, as of playing it I realized that I was only getting sound that was in...
  9. Realtek HD Audio won't install !

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD Audio won't install !: I really need someone to help me with this issue. Realtek HD Audio driver just went missing and i have been trying to install it for the past 24 hours and it doesn't work, i tried every troubleshooting i found online and installed several driver installers and none of them...
  10. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...