Windows 10: realtek hd audio driver disappeared from my latitude e5550 running win

Discus and support realtek hd audio driver disappeared from my latitude e5550 running win in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi, i don't use audio much so i am not exactly sure which patch, but after one of the creator updates a red X appeared next to the speaker icon on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nlehrer54, Sep 28, 2017.

1. nlehrer54 Win User

realtek hd audio driver disappeared from my latitude e5550 running win

hi,
    i don't use audio much so i am not exactly sure which patch, but after one of the creator updates a red X appeared next to the speaker icon on my notification bar. windows says "no audio output device is installed" when i hover over the speaker icon. i looked in device manager and saw that the realtek hd audio driver was gone and 2 Microsoft HDAC drivers were shown with warnings.
    device status was:
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Object Name not found.
    i told windows to update the driver and rebooted. no change. uninstalled and booted, not fixed. i ran the dell install package,Audio_Driver_DDG39_WN32_6.0.1.6111_A06.EXE, and it executed but after reboot, no change. same thing with the realtek driver package.

i used hdwwiz and pointed to a folder in the extracted dell package that contained the .inf files and the install fails. from looking on google it seems there are lots of problems with win 10 and realtek.
    i don't want to reinstall windows, it would take a lot of time to get my laptop back to where it is now and it could just end up the same way.
    anybody have any suggestions? thank you.

:)

nlehrer54, Sep 28, 2017

2. realtek hd audio driver disappeared from my latitude e5550 running win 10 1703 build 15063.608

Can you still remember what app or software was installed on your computer prior to this issue? The drmk.sys file is a system file and is not recommended to be deleted. When this file goes missing, it is also not advisable to reinstall it as it is likely
    that other related files are missing. What we can recommend is that you use System restore by following the steps provided under the
    Restore from a system restore point section in this
    article

Let us know if using System restore worked.

Dennis Mop, Sep 28, 2017
  3. nlehrer54 Win User
    realtek hd audio driver disappeared from my latitude e5550 running win 10 1703 build 15063.608

Sfc reports the file missing.

nlehrer54, Sep 28, 2017
  4. spunk Win User

You can do a System Restore to a time before this happened.
    Or in Device Manager, go to the area with the Yellow Flags and right click them, choose Properties/Driver/Roll back Driver to a driver that was working.
    Or go to the Dell Support/Download Drivers site,Support for Latitude E5550/5550 | Drivers downloads | Dell US
    and type in your Service Tag# or find your model, and download the Audio driver for your model.

spunk, Sep 28, 2017
  5. nlehrer54 Win User
    i will try rolling back the device with warning. i already tried installing the correct dell audio driver. nothing happened.

nlehrer54, Sep 28, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    Here is the link to the correct driver download from the Dell site for your Latitude.
    It should install without problems and remove the "HIgh Definition Audio Controller" which is the Windows installed generic, basic function, sound driver. Normally, Windows will install the correct driver but didn't on yours.

Support for Latitude E5550/5550 | Drivers downloads | Dell US

fireberd, Sep 28, 2017
  7. nlehrer54 Win User
    i have tried to load that driver with that dell package. seems to run normally, but after re-boot no change.

nlehrer54, Sep 28, 2017
  8. fireberd Win User

Post a Screenshot of the Device Manager, Sound, Video and Game Controllers section.

For example, here is mine (it was taken when I had Win 7 but its the same for Win 10).

realtek hd audio driver disappeared from my latitude e5550 running win [​IMG]

fireberd, Sep 28, 2017
  9. nlehrer54 Win User
    hi,

i found out why my realtek install is failing.

following clip is from c:\windows\inf\setupapi.dev.log. it is the install for the dell audio driver package.

SPFQOPERATION_ABORT (C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\wdmaudio.inf_amd64_d971d3ff1aaf7bdb\drmk.sys).

drmk.sys is not in that folder, i checked.

it is not anywhere on my c: drive. where can i get it? thanks

nlehrer54, Sep 29, 2017
  10. fireberd Win User
    Try the driver direct from Realtek.
    Realtek

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. realtek hd audio driver disappeared from my latitude e5550 running win - Similar Threads - realtek audio driver

2. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  3. Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Uninstall Realtek HD Audio drivers.: I don't like the Realtek drivers. I want them gone from my laptop. Here's what I've tried so far:Uninstall from Device Manager: But the Drivers get automatically re-installed somehow. I don't know why. Am I not allowed to choose my drivers?Remove permissions to the Realtek...
  4. Missing Realtek HD Audio Driver

Missing Realtek HD Audio Driver: Hello, i just got my new laptop and its a Lenovo Legion 5 pro. i finished updating all the drivers. However, I do not have Realtek HD audio driver installed. The only Realtek driver i have is the R version. it sounds horrible. I am not sure if this is intended but i highly...
  5. Realtek HD audio drivers not installing

Realtek HD audio drivers not installing: Hi there, i first came accross this issue two days ago when i was using my samsung monitor with headphones plugged into the monitor for the first time. It seems to have created audio drivers for itself that it uses to take the audio. However after this my realtek sound...
  6. Realtek HD audio driver/Manager

Realtek HD audio driver/Manager: Hello Guys, I think you could help me about my issue. First is I want to access the Realtek audio manager but currently windows 10 doesn't have it. So that I can access the control of audio jack settings and I tried a lot of tutorials but still it doesnt work. Second I...
  7. Realtek HD audio driver/Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Realtek HD audio driver/Manager: Hello Guys, I think you could help me about my issue. First is I want to access the Realtek audio manager but currently windows 10 doesn't have it. So that I can access the control of audio jack settings and I tried a lot of tutorials but still it doesnt work. Second I...
  8. Realtek HD audio manager disappeared.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek HD audio manager disappeared.: About my computer Processor: Intel Pentium G4600 3.60ghz RAM: 16.0 GB Graphics: GeForce GTX 1050ti (4GB) After I updated my windows 10 the realtek hd audio manager is gone and cant access anywhere from the computer. I checked the folder from C drive and control panel and...
  9. No realtek HD audio Driver

No realtek HD audio Driver: Hi, my new predator laptop running windows 10 pro doesnt have realtek hd audio, just Realtek audio. i cannot find realtek in my control panel. Even thou my headphones work in this laptop, they are not detected as headphones, just speakers....
  10. Realtek HD Audio Driver "Not Plugged In"

Realtek HD Audio Driver "Not Plugged In": Hello, I have spent many days trying to fix this problem but have still not solved it. Basically I want to set headphones as my default output instead of speakers but when I open up the sound settings there is no option for headphones. (I have not disabled or disconnected...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nvidia driver for your latitude e5550/5550