Windows 10: Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all

Discus and support Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! After upgrading to windows 10 I was going through my Audio settings, I had noticed that the HD Audio from my motherboard both front and rear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Perky, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Perky Win User

Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all

Hello!

After upgrading to windows 10 I was going through my Audio settings, I had noticed that the HD Audio from my motherboard both front and rear jacks are not displayed at all in the device manager nor the audio tab in control panel - it's as if they dont exist. I looked at the ASRock Z77 drivers and it it appears they are realtek, so I went and downloaded the most recent drivers to no avail.

At this time I do not know what I should do to proceed I looked online and I see alot of sound troubleshooting tips but none that seem to fit my problem.

again TL;DR after upgrading to windows 10 I no longer have my onboard audio devices at all.. it's as if they dont exist.

:)

Perky, Aug 16, 2015
  2. JimWynne Win User

Realtech sound system,is it the default for Windows10?

You've tried what three times? If you're using onboard audio, chances are it's Realtek. If you have a separate audio card, you can use it or the onboard audio.

JimWynne, Aug 16, 2015
  3. MarcHerms Win User
    Why are the audio systems not working in my Windows 10 PC?

<Original Title: Audio is not working>

Hi there,

out of a sudden my audio is not working. It has been working before. I had to disconnect all cables and then re-connected them. I am not sure if the audio stopped working thereafter or before disconnecting the cables. However, I have checked everything,
    cables are correct, I have also tried other plugs.

Here is my config:

Desktop PC Intel i5-750 with 4 GB RAM

with onboard audio (Realtek HD audio)

Windows 10 (10.0.10586)

all drivers are updated, I can see the lights when playing audio in the audio settings of realtek.

I also have NVIDIA Audio and an USB audio (I guess it's the microsoft webcam).

but realtek is set as default and it should play.

Am I missing any codec?

Let me know what it could be. I can provide you with all data from the system information.

thanks, max

MarcHerms, Aug 16, 2015
  4. WhyMe Win User

Hi and welcome to the forum

Try downloading Microsoft Hide and Show Updates utility. You can use it to prevent Windows from changing the driver automatically (as it may try)

Edit: I believe the next Realtek HD audio driver update will be available for download within the next few days or so.

WhyMe, Aug 16, 2015
Thema:

1. Realtek HD Audio onboard audio not displaying at all - Similar Threads - Realtek Audio onboard

2. Realtek HD Audio - Error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Realtek HD Audio - Error: I'm frequently getting a pop-up, whenever I switch on my laptop.i want help how to fix this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-hd-audio-error/f3805428-33c7-4241-ba5a-0778606a0d4b
  3. HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HD Audio Controller for OnBoard sound not working: Hello,I would like to ask you, I have recently done clean install of Windows 7 on my computer. But later, when I installed all drivers and BIOS updates available for my NUC, I discovered, that my on board sound card is not recognizable and sound only goes trough my HDMI...
  4. Realtek HD Audio Not Working

Realtek HD Audio Not Working: Hello, I am having an issue with Realtek not working on my computer, or better yet not even showing up anywhere in device manager. The only places Realtek pops up is in the task manager under start up and services and in the program files, but I don't believe all the files...
  5. Realtek HD audio icon

Realtek HD audio icon: Hi guys, Realtek HD audio icon does not appear in the lower corner of windows although i reinstalled the realtek app and restart my window and tried to update the device but with no significant .i want to enable my front panel in desktop pc . please help!...
  6. Realtek HD audio

Realtek HD audio: I just bought a new pc this christmas and plugged my hyper x cloud alphas with the splitter into the pc, after working past all the buggy issues and such and I tried playing the game Modern Warfare warzone, as of playing it I realized that I was only getting sound that was in...
  7. Realtek hd audio manager

Realtek hd audio manager: Hi all, so recently i installed windows 10, and try to connect my 3.5mm jack headphone to my computer front panel, and it doesn’t work back panel is a little bit far for my headphones. So i tried to install hd audio manager to solve the problem, i installed the driver, but i...
  8. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: I can no longer get sound out of my computer. The Realtek HD Audio Manager Show all of the different ports for my system, however there is no sound out of them. I can plug in headphones to the headphone port and get sound out of the test sound function, but there is no sound...
  9. Realtek HD Audio

Realtek HD Audio: My computer was working great until the Windows 10 update last week. Now the Realtek HD Audio and Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 drivers are not working. I have tried all of the manual updates and troubleshooting to no avail. I have done a lot of research and this seems to be a...
  10. Realtek HD Audio Manager

Realtek HD Audio Manager: When I plug my mic in to the correct pink audio jack, the realtek manager shows up and asks me what type of device im using so i click mic in and when i try to talk to someone or record something, they cant hear me. i hear them just fine. I do have a splitter. It was working...