Windows 10: RealTek HD sound problem

Discus and support RealTek HD sound problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I've been installing the latest drivers from realtek audio, both from Reaktek website and automatic updates. Whenever I install it the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MumblingRock, Sep 25, 2015.

1. RealTek HD sound problem

Hello,

I've been installing the latest drivers from realtek audio, both from Reaktek website and automatic updates. Whenever I install it the sound is bugged. I hear trash noise and the volume is super low. I have to revert back to the windows 10 generic driver and sound works fine again. Anyone else having this problem or has a fix?

:)

MumblingRock, Sep 25, 2015

2. Windows 10 Sound Level Too Low

I fixed my problem.

Uninstalled VIA HD Audio Driver

Installed Realtek Audio Driver

Rebooted.

Presto. Got surround sound back.

VIA HD not compatible with Win 10. Realtek is the answer!

Cheers

AllyB_1970, Sep 25, 2015
  3. Cro Nan Win User
    Realtek HD Sound Problems

I upgraded to Windows 10 during the night. Discovered this morning that my sound volume has diminished to nearly imperceptible levels, even with all volume toggles (OS, Sound Manager and speakers) on max. Have already attempted all published fixes, up
    to and including the one published by LionEmpress Loveheart under, "Update 10041 Killed Audio". Direct access to Realtek's driver download facility is blocked by Realtek--possibly by compatibility issues with MS Edge browser.

Sound has worked perfectly through Vista 64, Upgrade to Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 8.1 and suddenly this issue occurs in the upgrade to Windows 10. I am desperate for a solution.

Cro Nan, Sep 25, 2015
  4. Dude Win User

RealTek HD sound problem

Welcome to the forums MumblingRock. I suggest going to the Dell site, and install the audio drivers they offer.

5. I checked their website and their driver has not been tested for windows 10 and it dates from 2011...

MumblingRock, Sep 25, 2015
  6. Dude Win User
    Download it, then right click the installer and choose properties. Then select the compatibility tab, under compatibility mode select the box to Run this program in compatibility mode for. Using the drop down box there, try windows 7

If Windows 7 does not work, try Windows 8 mode

Here is a pic of what it looks like

RealTek HD sound problem [​IMG]

Dude, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

RealTek HD sound problem

1. RealTek HD sound problem - Similar Threads - RealTek sound problem

2. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  3. Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headphone Problems with Realtek HD Audio: Ever since I've upgraded to windows 11, I've had problems with my headphones. Also to note, I've never used headphones that connect using a jack with my pc. I just upgraded to the Arctis Nova 1 and they work great on my mac. I plugged them into my pc and its stuck on mono...
  4. Realtek HD audio does not play sound.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek HD audio does not play sound.: Realtek HD audio does not play sound. I have mb with alc892 codec with 7.1 stereo sound. I tried all the realtek software for hd audio from thier hp, installed realtek hd audio controller for alc892, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but it does not play sound. The...
  5. Realtek HD audio does not play sound.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek HD audio does not play sound.: Realtek HD audio does not play sound. I have mb with alc892 codec with 7.1 stereo sound. I tried all the realtek software for hd audio from thier hp, installed realtek hd audio controller for alc892, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, but it does not play sound. The...
  6. Problem with Realtek HD Audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with Realtek HD Audio: Hello, I am contacting in need of support for realtek audio driver as it is not working. With this print screen screenshot: printscreen, it shows that I do have the audio driver installed. However, nothing is working and It doesn't even show in my Device Manager as shown by:...
  7. realtek hd audio problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    realtek hd audio problems: [ATTACH] Hi, im from mexico, i have a problem and i dont know how to solve it, Realtek hd audio is detecting another device in my computer, that device doesnt exist, i think the next thing: the device1 is the real one front and back bus but windows isnt detect something....
  8. Realtek HD speakers make no sound

Realtek HD speakers make no sound: I have an ASUS desktop PC with Windows 10. My Realtek speakers have been working very well. One day they did not work. I'm not aware of any changes I may have made in settings. I have not been able to get them to come back on line. I downloaded the latest driver and it still...
  9. Realtek 5.1 sound problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Realtek 5.1 sound problem: Hello to all. First of all, my apologies for my poor English. I will do my best for minimum mistakes. Two days ago i have made the update from 1709 version to 1803. Many problems with device compatibility, but i manage to fix them, except one. I don't have 5.1 sound...
  10. Realtek sound problem

Realtek sound problem: Hi guys, can someone help me find if there is a realtek driver for win10 that supports DTS neo. I was forced to go back to win7 for that matter. Once i used one driver that worked with win 10 but i lost it and can't find compatible now*Smile 74839