Windows 10: Realtek recordings disabled after 1803 Update

Discus and support Realtek recordings disabled after 1803 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My recordings using Audacity and Cool Record Pro have been disabled after the 1803 update. I reinstalled the Realtek 2.81 drivers, which worked fine... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jean Valjean, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Realtek recordings disabled after 1803 Update

My recordings using Audacity and Cool Record Pro have been disabled after the 1803 update. I reinstalled the Realtek 2.81 drivers, which worked fine with 1703, but no joy. Next, I installed the newest Realtek 2.82 drivers, but the same failure symptoms. Neither application can use the recording driver, which is Realtek's, Stereo Mix. Audacity's diagnostic shows the driver ID as 1, and the correct name Stereo Mix, but the available audio rates are blank. I haven't found any issues with playback.

I also uninstalled/reinstalled both applications multiple times, as well as the drivers. Realtek 2.82 is the newest driver available, and both 2.82 and 2.81 work with 1703. I've restored a backup made just prior to the 1803 update, and am now functional.

Is there any way I can permanently disable the 1803 update? My system board is a Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD7, purchased in 2010. The manufacture's audio driver stopped working with the previous update, so I installed the generic Realtek 2.81, which fixed that issue until now.

Thanks,

Dennis

:)

Jean Valjean, Jul 21, 2018
  2. auggy Win User

Win 10 1709 and 1803 update disables Realtek Audio Manager.

You may need an updated customized driver that works in 1803.

Can you do the following :

In the Device Manager double-click the Realtek adapter > Driver

What is the "Driver Version" ?

Then click on the "Details" tab, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".

What is listed under "Value"?

auggy, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jul 21, 2018
  4. Realtek recordings disabled after 1803 Update

How do I get audio recording to work since the Windows 10 version 1803 update on 05-18-2018?

Can anyone tell me how I can get audio recording to work since the Windows 10 version 1803 update which occurred on 05-18-2018? Microsoft feedback has been telling us fixing this is a top priority for over a month... Maybe next year.

I have run troubleshooter, did all the suggested fix-it steps including enabling the recording device and uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers to no avail. I am trying to record music using Audacity 2.1.0. My audio system plays music using Realtek High Definition
    Audio (I made sure this is set as the default player and recording device). Audacity tells me there's an error opening the sound device even though Realtek is playing music. This worked for recording before the version 1803 update on 05-18-2018. I ran System
    Restore to recover my old settings but I had waited too long for this to go back before the version 1803 update installation. So, I undid the Restore. Windows updated automatically yesterday (07-12-2018) but that did not fix the problem. I have done reboots
    a couple of times since then.

Thanks for your help,

Robert Ernster

RobertErnster, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

Realtek recordings disabled after 1803 Update

1. Realtek recordings disabled after 1803 Update - Similar Threads - Realtek recordings disabled

2. Disabling recording devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling recording devices: I'm clearing my laptop of all video and audio recorders and came across these video devices in the registry. Can anyone tell me what they are, and why the duplicates?...
  3. Disabling recording devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling recording devices: I'm clearing my laptop of all video and audio recorders and came across these video devices in the registry. Can anyone tell me what they are, and why the duplicates?...
  4. Disabling recording devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809: Problems to record audio to Audacity after Windows 10 update to 1803/1809 HI! My computer has Windows 10/64 1809 and a sound card from Realtek. It has been impossible to record sound to Audacity (2.3.0) through Stereo Mix (Realtek High Definition Audio) after Windows 10...
  6. recording disabled with 1803 update

recording disabled with 1803 update: After installing 1803 update all audio editor software I usually use get disabled. I mean Audacity and Cool Record Pro. I decided to reinstall Realtek 2.81 drivers that are well compatible with 1703 but no result. New version Realtek 2.82 driver also doesn’t work. I couldn’t...
  7. Disable driver update regedit - 1803 windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable driver update regedit - 1803 windows 10: Hello How to turn off driver update via regedit ? os windows 10 1803 Thank you 114042
  8. Windows 10 1803 update(s) after upgrade to 1803.

Windows 10 1803 update(s) after upgrade to 1803.: Configuration: Windows 10 Home x64 v.1803 (Cum. Update 2018, May) Digital license obtained via Windows 7 Home Premium x74 OEM upgrade to Windows 10. Status: All (cumulatieve) Windows 10 updates succeeded, including v.1803 (May,2018) major update. No issues after this...
  9. After 1803 update, windows update trying update to 1803 again.

After 1803 update, windows update trying update to 1803 again.: The 1803 update went through without issue. But now windows update is trying to run the update again. My system shows I am running 1803 17134.48. When I push retry, I quickly see something about unable to download before it settles to show the error code. I have tried...
  10. Realtek Drivers not recognize my headset after upgrade to build 1803

Realtek Drivers not recognize my headset after upgrade to build 1803: Hello. After i updated Win 10 x 64 Pro to build 1803 Realtek Drivers dont recognize my headset any more, as you can see in the picture. [img] When i Roll Back drivers to Windows generic ones, everything works find but i dont have option to use my 7.1 speakers, only...