Windows 10: REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

Discus and support REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DarkSideDiva, Jul 4, 2018.

1. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and polite approaches are pointless with Microsoft. You are ignored, handed a stale, ineffective "solution", and otherwise left holding the broken-system bag. This is the 3rd time I have posted this same issue here at Microsoft!

I owned my HP laptop HP-Envy with Windows 10 for nearly 2 years without any audio issues. That is, until the April 2018 update. Within hours of that major update I began getting a random robotic buzz audio distortion while streaming Netflix. The problem progressively worsened with distortion becoming more frequent til it was unbearable. I searched the forums and discovered this has been a major problem with, not only Windows 10, but Windows 8 as well! This problem has persisted since 2012. I followed the steps of uninstalling the RealTek audio drivers and then reinstalling the most up-to-date drivers offered by RealTek's website.

This seemed to resolve the problem for about a week (I do not reboot very often.... I have never needed to with this machine). Then I began being prompted to do an update restart. What-Do-Ya-Know.... after performing the restart, the buzz was back. I repeated the uninstall/resintall and, again the problem was resolved for a few days. But the distortion returned.

I have repeated this process 4 times already since April, but the problem simply returns. Why has this not been resolved during the past 4+ years?!?!? When I began researching the issue, I see it is as pervasive and persistent as it was back in 2015. This is ridiculous! All I see from Microsoft Moderators is the same tired process. This is, at best, a temporary solution AND their instructions reference a feature no longer present in the Realtek Audio Control Panel!!! Since Realtek's latest software dates from 2017, this is a perfect example of Microsoft sitting on their respective thumbs from the Executives on down the hierarchy, and just talking out of their A's. SOMETHING in April's Update whomped my machine. Firstly, I resent being forced to accept Microsuck's updates with no real means of disabling the automatic download-installs to begin with; to be forced to acquiesce then find the update damaged my system.... well, that is totally unacceptable. That is is not the FIRST incidence of Microsoft updates causing a widespread major issue on the users' property magnifies the unacceptability... the proverbial INSULT COMPOUNDING INJURY! To discover the subsequent damage has been a persistent and chronic issue for THE LIFESPAN OF 2, PERHAPS EVEN 3 (having seen references of the same issue from Windows 7 users) OPERATING SYSTEMS makes my frustration and outrage REDLINE!!!

If this were an automobile and the dealership damaged my vehicle during a scheduled maintenance servicing, that dealership would dayum well be expected to fix my vehicle. Given Microsoft FORCES these updates on users, we surely should not be forced to tolerate otherwise from Microsoft!

So, reply with a fix that will work, Microsoft. My time is valuable and I should bill Microsoft for the time I have been forced to waste chasing "resolved' forum posts that all say the same party line but do not resolve the issue permanently. Moreover, to instruct users to turn off their virus-software permanently is just straight-up irresponsible. My Mcafee predates Microsoft's update with no prior problems. This is all on you Microsoft! FIX IT!

One of these days, your fabulous policy of violating our privacy and then damaging our property while doing so is going to land you in court facing an enormous class action suit....

:)

DarkSideDiva, Jul 4, 2018
  2. Opie540 Win User

sound distorted after windows 10 anniversary upgrade

This is where I'm at on my HP laptop with Windows 10 and the Anniversary update.

I completed step #3 "hardware and sound" but that took me to an option for "sound, speakers." There was no "properties" as step #4 suggests. I selected "sound, speakers" and then found "properties." After selecting "properties" there was no "enhancements
    tab" as step #5 suggests.

Regardless, I then uninstalled the realtek audio driver. I noticed that when I did this without restarting my laptop that the sound was now tinny, but not distorted as it was previously. After restarting, the sound was again full, yet distorted.

Realtek still shows in my programs list, though it shows no memory is used.

Thanks for your continued help.

Opie540, Jul 4, 2018
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Zaki,

Distorted sound can be be produces if there is an issue with the hardware or software. Please answer the following questions for us to narrow down this concern:

• Is it affecting all music, videos, and online videos?
    • Which sound card is set to default? Realtek High Definition Audio or High Definition Audio Device? You will know it by typing
      "sound" on the search box and select Sound, under Playback, the default speaker should have a check.

Please run Playing Audio Troubleshooter by following these steps:

• Type "troubleshooting" on the search box.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the result.
    • Click View all.
    • Choose Playing Audio and follow the steps.

Looking forward to your reply.

Ryan Fra, Jul 4, 2018
  4. zyklon Win User

REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

Distorted Sound

In the last couple of weeks I have upgraded my rig with a Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium, and all was well until on one particular day I began experiencing distorted sound while using my headphones.

My first hunch was that the headphones had gone bad. Not an hour later, the distortion had stopped completely and the sound was working perfectly. This has happened on other two occasions, but the distortion would eventually go away after some time.

Today, the same problem occurred on my speakers and so I realized that the source of the distortion were not my peripherals. So I'm guessing its a sound card issue...the problem is that the distortion happens so randomly and without any warning that I don't have any idea what to do about it. I should also point out that the distortion also disappears on a system reboot.

Any help and suggestions please?

zyklon, Jul 4, 2018
Thema:

REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

1. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE - Similar Threads - REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION

2. SOUND DISTORTION

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SOUND DISTORTION: HELLO,I HAVE A HORRIBLE PROBLEM HERE, THE SOUND THAT COMES OUT OF THE SPEAKERS IS TOTALLY DISTORTED!I TRIED WITH 2 DIFFERENT SOUND CARDS... THE SAME RESULT: TOTAL DISTORTION.I HAVE LOWERED THE SAMPLING, UNINSTALL/INSTALL DRIVERS... END RESULT: THE SAME DISTORTION HERE ARE MY...
  3. distorted sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  4. distorted sound

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    distorted sound: distortion comes and goes every few sentences of song verses. Under audio it just says High definition audio speakers. Can this be something I can add to change to something better? I have uninstalled and reinstalled and it helps for 5 minutes then starts again. its an HP...
  5. Distorted Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distorted Sound: I'm on 20H2 build SO 19042.746 but is not te problem. I've been trying to fix the distorted sound coming out of my notebook for a long time without success. In this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...a-2535c7cd56c8 at point 9 I restarted the first two services ,...
  6. Realtek Microphone Array sound is distorted/robotic with static

Realtek Microphone Array sound is distorted/robotic with static: This is the first time using microphone. I use google meets and and my coworkers told me the sound was really bad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-array-sound-is-distortedrobotic/07d89468-e031-4c09-8e47-4c22b423089b
  7. Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio

Very annoying Sound distortion with realtek integrated audio: I'm having an issue where my sound is distorted. For example, if I click the volume slider so that "bling" noise plays, it sounds all distorted. Also, I am stuck using my front headphone jack because if I use the back one, it sounds fine, but there is a constant hissing...
  8. distorted sound

distorted sound: the sound of my computer is wrong, it sounds very bad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sound/27ae741b-4c75-40b9-8e01-c71796765919
  9. Distorted Sounds

Distorted Sounds: My sound ever since i got a new mother board got distorted. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/distorted-sounds/0901ceb5-0dea-458a-867f-341aedf30649
  10. Help with Distorted sound (Realtek on Msi Z87 Xpower)

Help with Distorted sound (Realtek on Msi Z87 Xpower): Windows notification sounds gets distorted (Playback devices--Test sound), usually when opening youtube in firefox, currently using default win drivers (tried realtek drivers with no luck). When that happens i have to go into playback devices--->Properties---->Advanced, and...