Windows 10: Realtek sound problem

Discus and support Realtek sound problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, can someone help me find if there is a realtek driver for win10 that supports DTS neo. I was forced to go back to win7 for that matter. Once i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JordanMihailov, Jan 13, 2017.

1. Realtek sound problem

Hi guys, can someone help me find if there is a realtek driver for win10 that supports DTS neo. I was forced to go back to win7 for that matter. Once i used one driver that worked with win 10 but i lost it and can't find compatible now*Smile

:)

JordanMihailov, Jan 13, 2017
  2. Cro Nan Win User

Realtek HD Sound Problems

I upgraded to Windows 10 during the night. Discovered this morning that my sound volume has diminished to nearly imperceptible levels, even with all volume toggles (OS, Sound Manager and speakers) on max. Have already attempted all published fixes, up
    to and including the one published by LionEmpress Loveheart under, "Update 10041 Killed Audio". Direct access to Realtek's driver download facility is blocked by Realtek--possibly by compatibility issues with MS Edge browser.

Sound has worked perfectly through Vista 64, Upgrade to Windows 7, upgrade to Windows 8.1 and suddenly this issue occurs in the upgrade to Windows 10. I am desperate for a solution.

Cro Nan, Jan 13, 2017
  3. Windows 10 - Volume VERY, VERY low.

Thank you darinvven, but I have already solve this problem two months ago using, like you mention, I use the Microsoft default sound drivers and it work. Don't have the Realtek High Definition audio software, but I don't use all the features of Realtek.
    The sound system sounds good and high enough.

LuisVerdejo, Jan 13, 2017
  4. Realtek sound problem

No personal experiences but based on what've I read, DTS neo and other features are licensed. If your PC audio card doesn't have a license for certain features, you won't find a driver that provides it. The list i saw included
    /* EDIT */
    There are hacks out there. Perhaps you had a hacked driver before. I can't help find a hacked driver that circumvents licensing (forum rules)

ComputerGeek, Jan 13, 2017
  5. So how come the audio supports it and there is no license ? *Smile

JordanMihailov, Jan 13, 2017
  6. fireberd Win User
    In most cases those "sound enhancements" are OEM only. I had dolby for a Laptop but it was supplied by the Laptop vendor with the PC. If I wanted on my own I could not get it (or buy it).

I had Creative SoundBlaster M/B (motherboard) on a PC. It too was an OEM only sound enhancement software and was only (legally) for the PC it came with.

fireberd, Jan 13, 2017
  7. I'm having issues with no sound since updating Win10 to beta builds 15000+ (currently on latest 15007) on my on-board RealTek sound device. Also, RealTek's website seems to be down (I tried with Edge and IE11) and won't let me look for downloads. My mobo is from ASUS, so I downloaded the latest sound driver that was vendor approved. I am installing now and will update this after the required PC reboot. There is; however, a Feedback Hub posting about this problem since the 15000+ builds.

*UPDATE* After installing mobo approved driver, the sound is back, but only 2 channel. DTS is still not working for me either and it DID work in builds 14000+. This just started for me in the last 2 builds of 15000+. Seems to be a Win 10 issue.

Spidey1976, Jan 13, 2017
  8. Realtek sound problem

I've red don't know how many threads about that problem and didn't fix my still*Sad Same as you. Only stereo. Installed 2.79 drivers with modified 2.75 files than 2.80. Downloaded some old ones...same. From what i have red the version of the windows is important and one driver can work with one and not with other win version. Looks like that driver of yours isn't working with the windows you installed as me. Few months back a had it working but then after other problems installed win 7 ( there are not problems at that matter ) and after returning to win 10 again the problem is here *Sad No solution so far but keep searching *Smile

JordanMihailov, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Realtek sound problem

1. Realtek sound problem - Similar Threads - Realtek sound problem

2. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  3. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no realtek sound: hello i tried everything that youtube google said but i have nothing on mijn device manager on sound can you help me i dont have any sound? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-realtek-sound/381ca7c1-67f4-4991-81c9-5f390da86434
  4. no realtek sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Realtek driver/sound card problems

Realtek driver/sound card problems: Recently my headphones wouldnt connect to my computer, I've updated all my drivers from their site and my motherboard drivers, I've uninstalled them and reinstalled them, I've tried many things but nothing would change. My computer is a Windows 10 Home and an ASUS H310...
  6. No sound Realtek

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound Realtek: Hey guys! First time the sound stopped working was when I updated to 1809 Slow ring/Release Preview build.. Then I found an install file with bunch of realtek drivers and it fixed everything. Now somehow I didn't save the file. So when I (stupidly) updated to latest 2004...
  7. Realtek High Definition Sound Problem

Realtek High Definition Sound Problem: Hello ! I reinstalled my Windows 10 a week ago and since then my sound is not working good. I'm using Realtek High Definition driver and it worked good before. But since i reinstalled my Windows the sound is really bad. It has like a little echo and it's really annoying....
  8. Realtek 5.1 sound problem

Realtek 5.1 sound problem: Hello to all. First of all, my apologies for my poor English. I will do my best for minimum mistakes. Two days ago i have made the update from 1709 version to 1803. Many problems with device compatibility, but i manage to fix them, except one. I don't have 5.1 sound...
  9. Realtek 5.1 sound problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Realtek 5.1 sound problem: Hello to all. First of all, my apologies for my poor English. I will do my best for minimum mistakes. Two days ago i have made the update from 1709 version to 1803. Many problems with device compatibility, but i manage to fix them, except one. I don't have 5.1 sound...
  10. RealTek HD sound problem

RealTek HD sound problem: Hello, I've been installing the latest drivers from realtek audio, both from Reaktek website and automatic updates. Whenever I install it the sound is bugged. I hear trash noise and the volume is super low. I have to revert back to the windows 10 generic driver and sound...