Windows 10: Realtek sound re-mapping worked until spring update ??

Discus and support Realtek sound re-mapping worked until spring update ?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All worked until the update . Anyone else having issues re-mapping the Realtek sound . below worked before , but not now .. How to remap / retasking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Total, May 6, 2018.

1. Total Win User

Realtek sound re-mapping worked until spring update ??

All worked until the update . Anyone else having issues re-mapping the Realtek sound . below worked before , but not now ..
    How to remap / retasking Realtek onboard jacks / ports
    If you’re using Realtek onboard soundcard and for whatever reasons wants to remap / retask the rear jacks or front panel jacks to anything you want hopefully you’ll find this useful
    For example, in my case, because i’m not using a computer case (in other words, i just left my motherboard open) and i don’t have a standalone front panel and at the same time i want to connect my headphone to the rear grey jack / side speakers jack (by default headphone can be connected only to the front panel jack) while also connecting a 5.1 analog speakers setup to the rear jacks (green, black, and orange)
    Anyway to make thing short, here’s the steps:
    0. Download the latest driver available because there are differences between the pin numbers used if you’re using old drivers, uninstall the old driver, restart your system, install the new driver and then restart your system once again (at the time i write this, the latest version is R267, and so this post is based and tested using their R267 driver for the 64-bit systems)
    1. Make sure that you’ve plugged everything that you need first into your Realtek Jacks (whether front panel jacks if you have it or rear jacks). For example, in my case, i already connected the headphone to the side speakers jack (grey colored jack)
    2. Open regedit by typing regedit at the run command (press Windows Key + R and then type regedit) and then locate the following registry key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\00XX\Settings\DrvYYYY_DevType_YYYY_SSYYYYYYYY
    Where, XX should be the key for Realtek High Definition Audio (usually it is 0000 but if it’s not the correct key for Realtek HD Audio then you should look for the correct key. You can tell whether the registry key is for Realtek HD Audio or not by looking at the DriverDesc which is located at the right panel) and Y are random numbers
    3. Create a new Binary registry key(s) using below Pin Numbers and Binary Values
    The Old Pin Numbers (just in case it’s needed somehow)
    "Pin00" = Front speakers (rear green)
    "Pin01" = Rear speakers (rear black)
    "Pin02" = Center / Sub-woofer (rear orange)
    "Pin03" = Side speakers (rear gray)
    "Pin04" = Mic-in (rear pink)
    "Pin05" = Front Mic-In (front pink)
    "Pin06" = Line-in (rear blue)
    "Pin07" = Front Headphone (front green)
    The New Pin Numbers
    "Pin10" = Line-in (rear blue)
    "Pin11" = Mic-in (rear pink)
    "Pin14" = Front speakers (rear green)
    "Pin15" = Rear speakers (rear black)
    "Pin16" = Center / Sub-woofer (rear orange)
    "Pin17" = Side speakers (rear gray)
    "Pin19" = Front Mic-In (front pink)
    "Pin1b" = Front Headphone (front green)
    Binary Values
    "00 00 00 00" = Line-in
    "01 00 00 00" = Mic-in
    "02 00 00 00" = Headphones
    “03 00 00 00″ = Front speakers 2nd Output
    "04 00 00 00" = Front speakers
    "05 00 00 00" = Rear speakers
    "06 00 00 00" = Center / sub-woofer
    "07 00 00 00" = Side speakers
    For example if you want to map the rear side speakers jack into a front

:)

Total, May 6, 2018
Thema:

Realtek sound re-mapping worked until spring update ??

1. Realtek sound re-mapping worked until spring update ?? - Similar Threads - Realtek sound mapping

2. So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.: So the sound went off after the windows 10 update. My laptop says all drivers are up to date. Now windows says the speakers are working but no sound comes out. I have to use headphones or a sound bar. All tests say the speakers work. For moments they play sound but then stop....
  3. So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.: So the sound went off after the windows 10 update. My laptop says all drivers are up to date. Now windows says the speakers are working but no sound comes out. I have to use headphones or a sound bar. All tests say the speakers work. For moments they play sound but then stop....
  4. So HDMI sound and Realtek sound still not working after update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. spring 2021 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    spring 2021 update: creating a sytem image went from 2 minutes using a samsung t5 external drive.what iis the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/aee51f0a-b3d8-4b46-8fc6-dca1a98951f7
  6. Spring 2021 Update

Spring 2021 Update: Taking a long time https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/spring-2021-update/7a2e095c-4e8e-4f4e-af64-ced37fe0f1e6
  7. Realtek sound equalizer doesn't work until i restart with the device i want to equalize...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Realtek sound equalizer doesn't work until i restart with the device i want to equalize...: Hi there! I'm coming here because I've searched for weeks and can't figure this out by myself... I have Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview on a Dell G5 Laptop. I have installed the Realtek drivers so I can equalize my sound as I've always done in the past. I use...
  8. Realtek Speakers not working, no sound

Realtek Speakers not working, no sound: Looking for any feedback on why I have no sound? Cannot get the Realtek Audio to work on my HP Envy running Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-speakers-not-working-no-sound/5094d70a-6a8a-40da-90ae-304f73cba149
  9. Sound not working until reboot

Sound not working until reboot: Sound keeps crashing on my new laptop (fully loaded Dell XPS) running windows 10. What happens is this: 1. Sound works fine until and I connect to a bluetooth device. Audio works fine on the device too. 2. I turn off the headset. 3. I can't get any sound from native...
  10. spring update

spring update: is it safe to remove the spring update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/spring-update/5daf5a74-9347-494c-9bf4-71a61004ba86

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek re-map ports

2. How to remap / retasking Realtek onboard jacks / ports