Windows 10: RealTemp no longer minimizes to tray after upgrading to 10 Anniversary

Discus and support RealTemp no longer minimizes to tray after upgrading to 10 Anniversary in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Been using Windows 10 for a while now and I always had RealTemp start on startup (via the Task Sheduler) and immediately minimize to tray. Now that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Platt, Aug 27, 2016.

1. Platt Win User

RealTemp no longer minimizes to tray after upgrading to 10 Anniversary

Been using Windows 10 for a while now and I always had RealTemp start on startup (via the Task Sheduler) and immediately minimize to tray. Now that I've upgraded to Anniversary it suddenly cannot minimize to the tray anymore, checked its settings and the tray one is already set. Anyone know a way around this? I liked having my CPU temp in the tray.

Also might as well mention I also noticed SPDIF Keepalive stopped working with the "silence" option after upgrading to Anniversary, now I must use the inaudible tone to keep my SPDIF device permanently active.

:)

Platt, Aug 27, 2016
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Task Manager no longer minimizes to Notifications tray in v1607 Win10Pro

Hi,

We suggest that you check on this link for more information about Taskbar settings.

You can try to start your computer in safe mode and check if you are experiencing the same issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Aug 27, 2016
  3. Task Manager no longer minimizes to Notifications tray in v1607 Win10Pro

I have the Taskbar on the left side of my screen. I like having Task Manager running all the time. I access Task Manager frequently at times. I had it set as a tray notifications icon (little icon) when minimized on Taskbar. The little icon was
    always visible when minimized. Setting it up this way takes up a much smaller amount of space on
    Taskbar than a full size icon on the Taskbar. That way much more space remains on
    Taskbar for Icons from apps I open and close frequently. This is the way it was set up Win10 Pro 15xx. (I use 15xx because I cannot remember if it was 1511 or 1507)

I just upgraded to Win10 Pro 1607 from Win10 Pro 15xx. (I use 15xx because I cannot remember if it was 1511 or 1507)

Task Manager now minimizes to both a full size icon on Taskbar below the other full size icons AND the little icon in the Notifications Area or Tray area.
    In other words Task Manager now minimizes with TWO icons on the Taskbar.

This is the Taskbar settings and the corresponding results:

Right click Taskbar > settings > scroll down to “Notification Area” > click “select which icons appear on
    Taskbar” > :

Task Manager “On” = full size icon on Taskbar AND icon in “Notification Area” on
    Taskbar.

Task Manager “Off” = full size icon on Taskbar AND icon NOT in “Notification Area” but in the pop-out side menu when clicking little arrow above “Notification Area” on
    Taskbar.

Two questions:

1. How do I return this to the way it was in 15xx? (The way it was: no full size icon on
    Taskbar when minimized but a little icon always visible at bottom).

2. How do I set up “Services” console this way (services.msc)?
    Some installed apps only run with their services on so I toggle the associated services on and off.

I use my computer in a normal user account not an administrator account.

I am running Win10 Pro on a i7 tower 16GB memory 2TB HD and 19 inch screen (I am working on purchasing a bigger screen).
    I vigilantly keep everything updated daily. Or at least every three days I check EVERYTHING for updates.

expertbigwheelpilot2, Aug 27, 2016
  4. RealTemp no longer minimizes to tray after upgrading to 10 Anniversary

This happened to me before the Anniversary update oddly enough. Laptop and desktop. Just downloaded the AU and it is still present as well.

Short work around, right click on your temps in the task bar and click minimize (sometimes twice, no idea why). I hope realtemp or microsoft will fix it.

edit : realtemp 3.70

somedumbguy, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

RealTemp no longer minimizes to tray after upgrading to 10 Anniversary

1. RealTemp no longer minimizes to tray after upgrading to 10 Anniversary - Similar Threads - RealTemp longer minimizes

2. minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource

in Windows 10 Gaming
    minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource: If we minimize a program to the taskbar, does it consume more hardware I mean the consumption of RAM, CPU, graphics and other computer hardware or if we minimize it to the system tray ? Or is there no difference?...
  3. minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource: If we minimize a program to the taskbar, does it consume more hardware I mean the consumption of RAM, CPU, graphics and other computer hardware or if we minimize it to the system tray ? Or is there no difference?...
  4. minimize differences and minimize to tray in terms of hardware resource

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Minimizing application to tray.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Minimizing application to tray.: Is there any way I can make an application minimize to tray on close? I want to set this up for messages for web, so that I can close it and still get notifications. submitted by /u/mitchellhall400 [link] [comments]...
  6. OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade

OneDrive Problem After Anniversary Upgrade: I just upgraded to the AU and all is fine apart from a problem with OneDrive which was working fine. I log in using a Microsoft account. OneDrive seems to have lost the account linkage it had. When I try to add my account, I get this message: [img] When I click on...
  7. BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after recent Anniversary upgrade: Hi, I'm having issues with my windows machine crashing and rebooting (mostly after being put to sleep). Any help will be very appreciated! 59652
  8. Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update

Codecs no longer working after Anniversary update: Since the Anniversary update, I cannot play MKVs, MP4s and AVIs. I even installed the latest K-lite & CCCP after this. When I use WMP to play an MP4 for example, the program crashes. VLC plays AVI and MP4, but without sound. Do you have suggestions what I have to configure...
  9. Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Fixing Autoplay after the Anniversary Upgrade: Hi, frustratingly, the upgrade sets all default settings (there are many) to default, and autoplay off. These steps are necessary (in my experience). 1. Follow this old fix: Fixes for AutoPlay Dialog Box Not Appearing When Plugging in a Removable Device • Raymond.CC...
  10. No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    No windows Search after Anniversary Upgrade: After the Anniversary Upgrade (AU), I had no Windows search on my PC. This means that File Explorer could not show anything under OS (C:\), FreeCommander wouldn't even start, I could not download to any file other than a Quick Access file, some desktop icons would not work,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtemp no longer appears in taskbar