Windows 10: Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

Discus and support Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in” in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jonatino, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in” [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

:)

Jonatino, Jan 3, 2016

2. Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

ok update, sorry about the bother but i fixed the problem with a new speaker system by plugging it into the motherboard audio ports in the rear. that seemed to fix everything

thomasbradberry, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Realtek HD Audio Rear Audio Inoperative With Front Audio Ports Connected

I just upgraded to Win10 and found that my Realtek audio subsystem appeared to be falsely detecting the presence of a front port headset. That disables the rear ports so the system appeared to have no audio. I did not have anything plugged in the front ports.

The default for the HD Manager is to mute the rear ports when a front panel headset is plugged in. I disassembled my front audio device and can test the mini jack and have verified that the jack in not malfunctioning. Additionally when I plugged in a microphone
    to the front panel the port detection mechanization was confused and the port was oscillating between connected and disconnected quickly but not at a constant rate. Also the cable and front port I/O hardware work properly in another computer.

For now I have unplugged my front port audio jacks from the motherboard which stops the false detection and restores audio. An alternative is to change the setting that mutes rear audio when front jack connection is detected. I prefer the option that does
    not leave a port in a bogus state.

As of 08SEP2015 I have all the latest updates installed.

My mobo is a Gigabyte GA-MA785GMT-UD2H with a Realtek ALC-889A codec.

My Realtek driver is 6.0.1.5864

I realize that there still may be something else causing this issue but these tests are all I have to work with.

If anyone at MS is working on the drivers this information may help them.

Happy Trails

Punchard-Steve, Jan 3, 2016
  4. Jonatino Win User

I've fixed the issue my self. Somehow "Disable front panel jack detection" in the Realtek settings made all my other ports work again.

Jonatino, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in” - Similar Threads - Rear audio ports

2. Rear USB Ports not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Rear USB Ports not working: Just cleaned my computer by using the PC panel cover to blow dust out and was planning a clean install, But after I started the computer with the mouse, keyboard, etc. plugged in, It didn't boot up and when I removed the mouse, keyboard, etc. from the rear USB hubs which I...
  3. Rear USB Ports not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Rear USB Ports not working: Just cleaned my computer by using the PC panel cover to blow dust out and was planning a clean install, But after I started the computer with the mouse, keyboard, etc. plugged in, It didn't boot up and when I removed the mouse, keyboard, etc. from the rear USB hubs which I...
  4. Rear USB Ports not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Change purpose of rear audio port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change purpose of rear audio port: Hi, I wanted to know how to change the purpose of an audio port, such as changing the line-in or line-out audio port to a microphone port on Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-purpose-of-rear-audio-port/8ccfc22a-048d-4ab5-b6e3-7efdc7458350
  6. Change purpose of rear audio port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change purpose of rear audio port: Hi, I wanted to know how to change the purpose of an audio port, such as changing the line-in or line-out audio port to a microphone port on Windows 11. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-purpose-of-rear-audio-port/8ccfc22a-048d-4ab5-b6e3-7efdc7458350
  7. Is it possible to have different audio sent out the rear ports?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to have different audio sent out the rear ports?: I'm trying to set up my audio system, and I'm having some difficulty. I want the black audio jack on my motherboard to play a completely different set of audio than my green and blue audio jacks, for example having YouTube play out of the black port and Spotify play out of...
  8. Rear Mic Port No Longer Showing Up

Rear Mic Port No Longer Showing Up: I normally use the rear mic port of my PC for game audio from consoles, as I would use an aux cord to plug from the console monitor to the rear port, and then I set the mic to output what it hears. However, recently the port just stopped working. At first, the port did show...
  9. Front audio port JUST static, rear mostly the same

Front audio port JUST static, rear mostly the same: So i have a MSI b450 A PRO MAX motherboard. I recently have built my own gaming pc, and I need audio and microphone. i can hear perfectly fine, the headset i have has an aux splitter, and i plug the respective ends in, on the front, and my microphone does not work. When i...
  10. Windows 10 is saying that my rear audio port (VIA HD Audio) is not plugged into the...

Windows 10 is saying that my rear audio port (VIA HD Audio) is not plugged into the...: Got a nice new mic onlyh to discover that the Line in and Mic in do not exist to Windows. None of the 30 suggested articles fix. Enable/disable, reboot, driver update' none of them work. the Line out works fine. Front mic does not work either....