Windows 10: Reason for delay in Macrium Reflect Free V7

Discus and support Reason for delay in Macrium Reflect Free V7 in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Just seen this on Macrium Forum. Mind you it might as well have been written in High Vulcan for all I understand it - LOL. What is interesting is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by cereberus, Aug 31, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Reason for delay in Macrium Reflect Free V7

Just seen this on Macrium Forum. Mind you it might as well have been written in High Vulcan for all I understand it - LOL.

What is interesting is implication that they are going to jump to 7.1 directly with free version?

Apologies for the delay. Macrium Reflect v7.1 (including the Free Edition) is still undergoing thorough testing will be released when we are satisfied. The delay was caused by increasing the scope of Macrium Image Guardian to cater for protected volumes accessed over the network and the technical challenge of improving viBoot by designing and implementing our own virtual disk provider for MS .VHDX files. Given the increased technical complexity we are performing additional in-depth testing.

Thanks for your patience

Kind Regards

Macrium Support

:)

cereberus, Aug 31, 2017
  2. SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 31, 2017
  3. SpiritX MS MVP, Aug 31, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Translated:

This is going to be harder than we thought.

NavyLCDR, Aug 31, 2017
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Macrium Image Guardian: Macrium Image Guardian - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7 - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase

To protect against malware and ransomware I suppose, so they want to make sure it works right.

same here, if Windows gets compromised.

These will be good for people, who don't make backups to an external disk(or an internal that they can take offline).

I make a total system image(all 3 SSDs) after version upgrades, but make all other images after major software updates, after patch Tuesday, or before I decide to muck around in the system.

Cliff S, Aug 31, 2017
  6. f14tomcat Win User
    This works superbly as is right now. Take your time, guys! *Smile

Reason for delay in Macrium Reflect Free V7 [​IMG]

f14tomcat, Aug 31, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Ah - it is only in normal Vulcan now rather than High Vulcan.
    With GIB, the files will live long and prosper Reason for delay in Macrium Reflect Free V7 :).

cereberus, Aug 31, 2017
  8. Cliff S New Member

So does my v.6 free edition, I mean it does exactly what I need it for(a complete disk image with verification, no bells, no whistles, and no incremental/differential).

Cliff S, Aug 31, 2017
  9. cereberus Win User
    Yeah - I am not really sure what V7 brings to the table in the Free version. It seems MS have decided MRF V7.1 will be released when V7 MRH etc is released i.e. no V7.0.

cereberus, Aug 31, 2017
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Oh well, I haven't tried or played around with viBoot yet, so when the free 7 version comes out, maybe I'll give it a spin.
    Might be interesting to just update/upgrade my Windows system image for my 3rd pc that's stored away, without having to pull the actual PC out every time I decide to finally do it.

Cliff S, Aug 31, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Microsoft is now releasing Macrium software? *Shock

Just yanking your chain! *chuckle

f14tomcat, Aug 31, 2017
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Reason for delay in Macrium Reflect Free V7 [​IMG]

Actually PS is correct: Paramount Software UK Limited 2017 Macrium Reflect

Cliff S, Aug 31, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

you're correct, but cereberus said MS, not PS.

f14tomcat, Aug 31, 2017
  14. cereberus Win User
    You can install viboot now and use it with v6 images. The so called viboot integration basically only amounted to a link inside Macrium rather than using a normal shortcut.

You need PRO of course to run Hyper-V.

cereberus, Aug 31, 2017
  15. cereberus Win User
    Regrettably MS are going to buy PS - didn't you know :-(.

Just kidding - I hope......

cereberus, Aug 31, 2017
Thema:

1. Reason for delay in Macrium Reflect Free V7 - Similar Threads - Reason delay Macrium

2. Need Opinions: Macrium Reflect Free v6 vs. v7

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Need Opinions: Macrium Reflect Free v6 vs. v7: I've been using Macrium Reflect Free version 5.3 on my Windows 10 PC for a few years now. It's been a great, no-frills, disk imaging tool. Unfortunately, after the Windows 10 November 2019 Update (which updated my Win10 version 1809 to version 1909), Macrium Reflect 5.3 no...
  3. Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free

Version 7 of Macrium Reflect Free: On the Macrium Reflect Forums, they state that Macrium Reflect Free Version 7 will be available by end of June. 85239
  4. Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?

Alternative to Macrium Reflect Free?: Can anyone recommend an alternative to Macrium Reflect Free as a backup tool? I want something that does disk imaging, as opposed to just backing up files. I have been fighting with Reflect Free on two computers and have got to the point where, even if I ever do get it...
  5. Macrium Reflect free

Macrium Reflect free: Hi guys ,so I am using macrium free for backing up my laptop windows 10 pro which do not contain any dvd rom.i have a 252 gb external hard disk which I would like to use for creating the recovery disk or iso. my problem is that I do not want to use the full 250 gb for this...
  6. Macrium reflect free

Macrium reflect free: Now it will not reinstall saying it cannot find the target I am going to run sfc then dism
  7. New Reflect Free v7?

New Reflect Free v7?: I thought Reflect Free v7 was due to be released before now. What's happened? 90710
  8. Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question

Macrium Reflect Free Cloning Question: I'm a new user to Macrium but so far so good, I've cloned my laptop HDD to an external HDD with no problems. I also created a rescue usb drive. Now I'm intending to fit an SSD to my laptop so here's my question ...can I fit the "blank" SSD to my laptop then boot up with the...
  9. Macrium reflect free compatibility

Macrium reflect free compatibility: Short question are the images produced on reflect 5.1 compatible with 6.Long question: I have backed up my laptop over wireless to a network drive. Laptop is running xp and networked desktop is running win 10. I plan to change my laptop hard drive to an SSD but need to...
  10. Macrium Reflect Free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Macrium Reflect Free: Good Day All just curious if this looks right [img] the fourth section of my C: drive is all red meaning full (almost) is this normal Thanks in ADV for any info 97310