Windows 10: Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Help Please....But With A Twist

Discus and support Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Help Please....But With A Twist in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. I'll try and be as brief as possible but I want to tell the whole story in case any details are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by frankma, May 17, 2017.

1. frankma Win User

Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Help Please....But With A Twist

Hello,

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it. I'll try and be as brief as possible but I want to tell the whole story in case any details are important.

I also thank everyone in advance.

Long story short I am new to Windows 10, and I went right from Windows 7.

For about two days I kept getting the blue screen bad pool caller error and instead of seeking help here I decided to fix it myself. This is where the problems started.

I made a Windows 10 Repair disc not knowing that the original Windows 10 install DVD I had would have worked. I booted it up and tried start up repair and it told me it wasn't successful. Before I did this within Windows 10 I selected the booting from the DVD drive option so it would happen automatically.

Once I tried to get back into Windows for some reason now the BIOS won't recognize my boot SSD, which is a Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB. It "sees" it in the legacy area, but not in UEFI.

If I try to boot from it in the legacy area that's when I get the reboot and select proper boot device error.

The only HD listed for me to choose in the UEFI area is another internal HD that isn't the boot drive. If I select that one all that happens is the repair screen comes up eventually. I don't get the select proper boot device error.

So here are my challenges / questions.

Obviously, how do I fix this?

How is the repair screen coming up when I don't have the DVD in for the PC to obtain it? Where is it loading it from? The HD it can't "see?" How?

Lastly, once I get past this I guess I'll need help with the bad pool caller issue which I assume will still remain.

What could be causing this? I can get to the repair screen so I can access anything there. There were no restore points available (I did try that) because I'm assuming the drive they are on can't be seen.

So what steps can I take to try and fix this? Thank you so much!

Frank

:)

frankma, May 17, 2017

2. Reboot and select proper boot device. Need help.

My computer froze after trying to access my sister's usb stick. I forced shut down my computer then on boot, I get the message ''Reboot and select proper boot device...''

My computer's boot priority was ''UEFI Hard Disk'' so I tried changing to ''Hard Disk''. My computer took slightly longer to start up but then froze after windows 10 was booted. I didn't try this a second time.

Would appreciate some help to fix my computer without loosing my files.

Simple1DEA, May 17, 2017
  3. Reboot and select proper boot device. Need help.

Hi,

Windows is now using UEFI firmware so we suggest that you put the priority boot to UEFI Hard Disk, remove any USB peripherals and boot it normally. If ever you still encounter the Reboot and select proper boot device error message we suggest that you do
    the following steps:

- Access WinRE from a bootable USB, Recovery partition or Windows 10 disc.

- Select Troubleshoot > Advanced options
    > Startup Repair.

If you still can't boot to Windows, Follow:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

Let us know the outcome.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, May 17, 2017
Thema:

Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Help Please....But With A Twist

1. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device Help Please....But With A Twist - Similar Threads - Reboot Select Proper

2. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    “reboot and select proper boot device” please help: i have done everything so before u give me advice please consider the following-i cannot select the proper boot device in bios, or any other boot device seeing how the only drive in my computer is the one with windows on it- the drive is not corrupt as i took the drive out...
  3. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    “reboot and select proper boot device” please help: i have done everything so before u give me advice please consider the following-i cannot select the proper boot device in bios, or any other boot device seeing how the only drive in my computer is the one with windows on it- the drive is not corrupt as i took the drive out...
  4. “reboot and select proper boot device” please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reboot and select proper boot device??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot and select proper boot device??: Hello i have clean disks using command diskpart and clean all disk so my disk have no OS install i try install windows with usb but every time i select boot override it showing message reboot and select proper device whats the cause of this and how can i fix this problem...
  6. Reboot and select proper boot device??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot and select proper boot device??: Hello i have clean disks using command diskpart and clean all disk so my disk have no OS install i try install windows with usb but every time i select boot override it showing message reboot and select proper device whats the cause of this and how can i fix this problem...
  7. "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Reboot and Select proper Boot device": "...or Insert Boot Media inspected Boot device and press a key" This is what I see when I try to boot up my PC. Everything has been working great. This morning shortly after boot up I was searching the web and had started a download for a game off the EpicGamesStore when...
  8. Reboot and select proper boot device, with a twist

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot and select proper boot device, with a twist: [img] I was trying to resolve this issue my self and changed the boot to super fast boot. And now I cant even acces my boot menus or bios. What have I done.... please tell me theres a solution. 168352
  9. Reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Reboot and select proper boot device: I just reset my pc, deleted all the files and everything. My pc is now saying “reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.” My computer has a 1tb hard drive and another labeled windows (C:). What do I do to fix this?...
  10. Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device HELP

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device HELP: Hello guys! And Happy New Year! I have a very strange problem! I have left my pc for a lot hour open and when i go back to my room to finished my job i see that message to my screen: - Reboot and Select Proper Boot Device - I press any key but continue saw me this...