Windows 10: "Reboot and select proper boot device" issue

Discus and support "Reboot and select proper boot device" issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys! When turning on my computer today, I had to face a BSOD with the error name being "System Thread Exception not Handled", which prevented... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bartholy, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Bartholy Win User

"Reboot and select proper boot device" issue

Hello guys!

When turning on my computer today, I had to face a BSOD with the error name being "System Thread Exception not Handled", which prevented me from launching Windows 10 in either way. So I rebooted my computer on my Linux Mint partition in order to look on the internet the solution to this error. I then created a USB bootable with Windows 10, so I can access to the troubleshoot kits. However, when I launched my computer again on my USB key, I found myself in front of a black screen with words saying "Reboot and select proper boot device".

Things get quite weird from now, because when I try to boot from my SSD where Windows 10 is installed, I no more have the previous BSOD, but always and always this black screen with the same message. I do not know how to do now in order to access to Windows 10 again, and that's why I'm begging you now to give me some advice for my situation.

Unfortunately, being unable to access to Windows 10, I can't give you a DM Log Collector. I hope it will still be okay.

:)

Bartholy, Mar 3, 2016
  2. D.Tre Win User

Reboot and Select proper Boot device issue

OK, here is the frustrating part with all of this. I turned the computer on to check the command line, as I had tried the other steps already and it boots up. Finishes off an update and boots I to windows without a problem.

It's 2am and this has been going on since I turned it on at 10am the previous morning.

Sorry if this doesn't help anyone else and thanks for the steps above.

D.Tre, Mar 3, 2016
  3. Reboot and Select proper Boot device issue

Hi Tre,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

1. What is the exact current status of the issue? Are you able to boot to the System?

2. Are you getting any error message?

3. Have you created any System Restore point of the Computer prior to the issue?

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Mar 3, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Please check in your BIOS what the boot order is, prefered via a photo
    How to upload files

axe0, Mar 4, 2016
  5. Bartholy Win User
    Here is the picture showing my boot order

"Reboot and select proper boot device" issue [​IMG]

The Corsair Force 3 SSD is the one Windows 10 is installed in; the UEFI one is my Linux Mint partition and the last one is the CD Reader.

Bartholy, Mar 4, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Have you booted at least 1 time earlier from the USB you used without any problems (is it bootable)?

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. "Reboot and select proper boot device" issue - Similar Threads - Reboot select proper

2. Reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot and select proper boot device: Hi, I recently got hacked, and a virus was put on my PC that stopped windows from loading. But I fixed it a few days ago. When I fixed it, and got into windows, my HDD wasn't showing up in my storage on my PC so then I unplugged and plugged it back it. The actual issue was...
  3. Reboot and select proper boot device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot and select proper boot device: I was dual booted windows 10 with parrot os . And I wanted to remove parrot os from my laptop .. so i have deleted the partition and removed clearly . After the restart of my laptop it shows "Reboot and select proper boot device " After tht i have changed the settings in bio...
  4. Reboot and select proper boot device??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboot and select proper boot device??: Hello i have clean disks using command diskpart and clean all disk so my disk have no OS install i try install windows with usb but every time i select boot override it showing message reboot and select proper device whats the cause of this and how can i fix this problem...
  5. Reboot and select proper boot device??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reboot and select proper boot device??: Hello i have clean disks using command diskpart and clean all disk so my disk have no OS install i try install windows with usb but every time i select boot override it showing message reboot and select proper device whats the cause of this and how can i fix this problem...
  6. "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Reboot and Select proper Boot device": "...or Insert Boot Media inspected Boot device and press a key" This is what I see when I try to boot up my PC. Everything has been working great. This morning shortly after boot up I was searching the web and had started a download for a game off the EpicGamesStore when...
  7. reboot and select proper boot device

reboot and select proper boot device: Hey, so my friend owns some religious center with a bunch of PCs in a room. They called me to fix them and install Windows 10, as they had a 32-bit OEM Windows 7 Home Basic full of your typical non tech-savvy pups in every corner. We didn’t have a flash drive or any other...
  8. “reboot and select proper boot device“

“reboot and select proper boot device“: I got a new gaming computer recently which has worked great until somehow overnight nothing works now. I get the message above when I try booting up my PC and have looked up ways to fix this issue. When I enter the bios menu my boot up device is there but when I click it the...
  9. Reboot and select proper boot device issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboot and select proper boot device issue: Hey folks, scratching my head on this one as my computer no longer boots. Had a friend ask me to wipe her SSD from her laptop that wouldn’t turn on. I plugged in her ssd and ran Diskpart to delete partitions on her ssd (Disk Manager wouldn’t allow me to do so). Formatted her...
  10. Reboot and select proper boot device

Reboot and select proper boot device: I just reset my pc, deleted all the files and everything. My pc is now saying “reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.” My computer has a 1tb hard drive and another labeled windows (C:). What do I do to fix this?...