Windows 10: Reboot dialog after computer boots

Discus and support Reboot dialog after computer boots in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am getting a suspicious looking dialog which says Hardware settings have changed and reboot is required. It does not look like a normal dialog and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tremara, Nov 17, 2016.

1. tremara Win User

Reboot dialog after computer boots

I am getting a suspicious looking dialog which says Hardware settings have changed and reboot is required. It does not look like a normal dialog and I suspect it might be malicious. Anyone else seen this

Reboot dialog after computer boots [​IMG]
    Thanks.....

:)

tremara, Nov 17, 2016
  2. LauraH895 Win User

Computer won't restore or restart

Earlier today my computer restarted itself due to an error message. When my computer restarted a black screen with a dialog box popped up saying that i needed a startup password.

After talking to a person from microsoft over the phone, I got past that dialog box and my computer restarted and I was told my system was rebooting. After it finished rebooting, the dialog box came back. Getting past it like I had before, I looked at my
    other options and I decided to try restoring my pc while keeping my files. Well my pc was "restored" and the dialog box is back. Then when i tried to get past the dialog box again, it said it was "undoing changes". Not sure why nothing I try is working.

LauraH895, Nov 17, 2016
  3. Win 10 Update 1709 build 16299.98 totally broke network connections

I tried the network reset button. After the computer rebooted it is in the same condition. No connections available. The network adapters all have the caution sign with the same dialog in the device manager.

Q-U-I-G-M-O, Nov 17, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Hi and welcome to forum.
    Did you check your Device manager for any new or not working device ?

CountMike, Nov 17, 2016
  5. tremara Win User
    Hi, thanks for your reply. I have checked Device Manager and all looks well there. What makes me suspicious is it appears after each reboot. I close the dialog but next reboot it appears again. I have run Defender scan and no issues I have not tried Malware Bytes. I will try that and see.

tremara, Nov 18, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
Thema:

1. Reboot dialog after computer boots - Similar Threads - Reboot dialog computer

2. Computer won't run after reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer won't run after reboot: My computer is older but whenever I have to restart it like if the electricity goes out or I have to download an update it always takes hours to turn back on. This most recent time it rebooted at 4:00 the night before and it still won't turn on. My computer is running but...
  3. Computer won't run after reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't run after reboot: My computer is older but whenever I have to restart it like if the electricity goes out or I have to download an update it always takes hours to turn back on. This most recent time it rebooted at 4:00 the night before and it still won't turn on. My computer is running but...
  4. Computer Reboot after closing a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Reboot after closing a game: Recently whenever I have closed games, mainly Apex Legends and Overwatch, my PC has rebooted after closing them. I looked at similar issues from other users and ran a memory check as one of them was instructed however it told me nothing was wrong with memory. I am struggling...
  5. Computer Reboot after closing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Reboot after closing a game: Recently whenever I have closed games, mainly Apex Legends and Overwatch, my PC has rebooted after closing them. I looked at similar issues from other users and ran a memory check as one of them was instructed however it told me nothing was wrong with memory. I am struggling...
  6. PC boot loop after reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that the PC boot logo spun for a few minutes, froze and then rebooted and did the same thing and you don't want to get out of that boot cycle.Any help would be appreciated....
  7. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
  8. PC boot loop after reboot

PC boot loop after reboot: I was trying to restart my PC and it rebooted and was doing its disk check for the boot drive. After that, the PC boot logo spun for a few seconds, froze, and then rebooted and did the same. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. computer is too slow after reboot

computer is too slow after reboot: My computer crashed and after reboot it started working very slowly. I have been able to play such games as NFS before the crash but currently I cannot play at all. My system is HP Pavilion 15-cs0093ca. Thank you....
  10. Computer won't reboot after defragmentation

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer won't reboot after defragmentation: Hi. I have a computer which has Windows 10 on it (this was free upgraded from Windows 8 installed). I recently did a Windows defragmentation on it and the computer said it had to restart to finalise which I did. However, it wouldn't shut down, so I switched it off by holding...