Windows 10: Reboot failure in windows 10

Discus and support Reboot failure in windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Help! My 6 month old Lenovo Ideapad 320-14/AP has consistently refused to upgrade to Windows10 version 1803. It does still update 1709. While... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DavidPerry7, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Reboot failure in windows 10

Help! My 6 month old Lenovo Ideapad 320-14/AP has consistently refused to upgrade to Windows10 version 1803. It does still update 1709.

While operating, it suddenly announced that a re-boot was required. However, that failed. I got a message declaring that

"Default boot media missing or Boot failed - insert recovery media"

I inserted the USB supplied by the shop I bought the computer, and tried

"recover from a drive" chose "just remove my files"...

After a short delay, I get "Unable to recover your PC. The system drive is too small"

OK, so I tried Advanced options -startup repair. "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC"

Next option - go back to previous version. Well, it "Ran into a problem & won't be able to take you back to the previous version"

Humm

Next -try to copy an image backup. This means swapping the Recovery USB for a hard disk, which finds the image, fills in the location, computer on the hard disk etc. Glory be...

I tick the options...and ... AND...

"The system image restore failed. Windows did not find any disk which it can use for recreating volumes present in backup."

Rude words!

As a final act of desperation, I dusted off my memories of DOS (yes I am that old), went into command mode to discover that the recovery mode rejoices under drive x: and the rest of the USB is now c:. Very confusing. More to the point, I cannot locate the hard drive on the computer while in DOS.

Now I have heard stories of repeated attempts to update W10 resulting in multiple copies of the upgrade, ultimately filling the hard drive to bursting point. Might this be both the cause of initial failure and of failure to restore/recover? And if so, how can I empty the hard drive - apart from using the splitting axe behind the front door....?

I've thought of a clean install or a repair upgrade. Would these force an overwrite of the hard drive or might they fail too if it is full up? And as the machine came with W10 pre-installed, I don't have the product code, so is the option viable at all?

Learned opinion very much appreciated - my knowledge & understanding now exhausted - as am I. Thank goodness I still have this old Windows 7 machine.

DP

:)

DavidPerry7, Aug 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Reboot failure in windows 10

Delta6326, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Reboot failure in windows 10

1. Reboot failure in windows 10 - Similar Threads - Reboot failure

2. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  3. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...: I have a s Surface Book 2 with Windows 10 installed. WIndows 10 update KB5034441 fails with the error code 0x80070643. The Windows update page says "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run WIndows 11." PC Health Check says "TPM 2.0 must be...
  4. TPM failure - The system failed to change the state of the TPM. Please reboot the system to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. win 10 kernel security check failure reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 10 kernel security check failure reboot: dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoxOqQnWx2luihu6IV1EHXjTyozb?e=L6B8i9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-kernel-security-check-failure-reboot/b84aad56-3dce-4f3c-b2a6-77777152a656
  6. win 10 kernel security check failure reboot

win 10 kernel security check failure reboot: dmp file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoxOqQnWx2luihu6IV1EHXjTyozb?e=L6B8i9 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-kernel-security-check-failure-reboot/b84aad56-3dce-4f3c-b2a6-77777152a656
  7. win 10 kernel security check failure reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. System rebooting with bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System rebooting with bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure": My computer is showing the blue screen of death showing: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.In the event viewer i can see this event:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffbb8d1630e060, 0xfffffe8fa9abf7b8,...
  9. System rebooting with bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure"

System rebooting with bluescreen "Driver Power State Failure": My computer is showing the blue screen of death showing: DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE.In the event viewer i can see this event:The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000003, 0xffffbb8d1630e060, 0xfffffe8fa9abf7b8,...
  10. New PC Rebooting When Playing Diablo 4 - Hardware Failure Reported In Windows - Code Below...

New PC Rebooting When Playing Diablo 4 - Hardware Failure Reported In Windows - Code Below...: Need help identifying what is causing the problem. Thanks for any assistance. A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 141Parameter 1: ffffd90ef7c72050Parameter 2: fffff807cd205300Parameter...